• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lamp

Is there a good indicator of what you can sell to merchants? Ive been collecting a ton of stuff but don't know what I should keep or sell.

Focus on upgrading your resources satchel to carry more.

At the beginning, knowing what to keep is confusing.

Eventually you will find that you want to buy armor and weapons from merchants. So you're going to want to collect metal shards and the special resource the merchant wants for the item you need (and it varies by merchant. Different merchants have different items and different "prices")

You also want to keep the gear/modification things. The strongest ones you can find. These stat-boost your gear.

ironcreed

Banned
Combat in this game is fucking amazing. Are you kidding me.

Straight

aQ6cZ4.gif

Silvard

Yes, there's absolutely nothing vague or obscure. They're up front on what the resources are used for. I love that

I just need to learn what all the icons mean and the math behind stats and the caps, but I may be bringing too much of my theorycraft to the game. The RPG/resource managing part is actually quite straight forward.

The loot system seems interesting. There is even Diablo-style gambling for resources and modifications.

Managed to play a few hours and so far so good! Just scraping the surface but taking down robot dinosaurs feels really satisfying so far. Looking forward to exploring more!

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
this is some fuckin bullshit!! get to the part where I'm about to do the proving, and I had to force myself to turn it off to go to work. fuck!!! This game has it's teeth sunk in hard.

KaoteK

this is some fuckin bullshit!! get to the part where I'm about to do the proving, and I had to force myself to turn it off to go to work. fuck!!! This game has it's teeth sunk in hard.

Ha I had the same problem at lunch (when it unlocked for me) I spent the entire afternoon wishing the hours away :)

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
I suck at this lol i have to be honest the pics dont do this game justice compared to playing the game

ACE 1991

Gonna have to wait until Friday night to play, I think. Girlfriend is visiting for until Thursday, and I know as soon as I turn this on it's going to be all I'll want to do lol. Looking forward to the weekend, though!

I told myself that I wasn't going to get a PS4 Pro, but people are saying the visuals alone on games like Horizon are worth it.

I'll probably get one if I don't end up liking the Scorpio.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Ha I had the same problem at lunch (when it unlocked for me) I spent the entire afternoon wishing the hours away :)

lol it's killing me man!! I gotta say, I am very intrigued by the story so far.
I sincerely hope the answers Aloy is looking for pay off. The way the game is handling the mystery of her mother and Rost's involvement is really interesting and the characters that have been introduced so far have all been great. I honestly wasn't expecting that going into the game

I suck at this lol i have to be honest the pics dont do this game justice compared to playing the game

This!! I love doing the photo mode, but man after taking the pics and going back to the gameplay to see the world come alive is something else. It's mindblowing.

Anyone else get the Collectors Edition? This is easily one of the best looking CEs I have ever gotten. And that steel book has made me a fan of then now. And the PSN...GOD DAMN

The Lamp

I just need to learn what all the icons mean and the math behind stats and the caps, but I may be bringing too much of my theorycraft to the game. The RPG/resource managing part is actually quite straight forward.

The loot system seems interesting. There is even Diablo-style gambling for resources and modifications.

Just give it a few hours and it will be totally clear.

LiK

Anyone else get the Collectors Edition? This is easily one of the best looking CEs I have ever gotten. And that steel book has made me a fan of then now. And the PSN...GOD DAMN

yea, nice package. haven't opened up to check the statue quality yet. i went right into playing the game first.

ajanke

I think you can get all skills. I was very close by the end of the game close to level 30.

I'm level 27 right now, 30 hours in, so much campaign left to do. I think. lol.
Last night I found my second cauldron, walked in, found a giant ass thunderjaw or whatever and noped all the way out of there to do more sidequests. lol

The Lamp

I'm level 27 right now, 30 hours in, so much campaign left to do. I think. lol.
Last night I found my second cauldron, walked in, found a giant ass thunderjaw or whatever and noped all the way out of there to do more sidequests. lol

How did you get out of there? I had to reload. Thought it was a bug

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ugh, was gonna skip on this and just focus on Zelda in 3 days but it seems I cannot. Looks too amazing.

Magnus

My Pro and 65" 4K/HDR set are SCREAMING for this game. I can't wait till 5pm. ARGH.

How is it fellas. Is it beautiful. Tell me it's beautiful.

aajohnny

Somewhat on-topic and off-topic but is trading my PS4 in for PS4 Pro worth it? Not only for this game but in general too? I have a 4k HDR TV .

Magnus

Somewhat on-topic and off-topic but is trading my PS4 in for PS4 Pro worth it? Not only for this game but in general too? I have a 4k HDR TV .

Yes. I won't go as far as saying it feels like a new gen, but the visual upgrade with the bumped resolution (even if it's checkerboarding, whatever) and HDR is staggering. I never tried HDR out on my OG PS4, so I don't know if it does it as well as the Pro.

Strakt

Jesus playing this on my samsung 4k with HDR is nuts. This game looks better than 90% of games on my 1440p 980ti sli PC... Wow. Im actually amazed.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
There's this devilish thought in the back of my mind saying hold off playing till you get a 4K OLED TV(+HDR) lol. I want my initial experience to be stupendous.

zkorejo

Finally.. got my copy.

Avoided as gameplay/trailers as I could and had really low expectations but after positive impressions and reviews it bumped them a bit higher.

Not going in expecting Witcher 3 stuff but I do expect it to be better than FFXV (esp. the story).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom