• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gijsbrecht

Neo Member
My god, I had high hopes about this game, but it has such an unbelievably good story and the most beautiful graphics. My already high expectations have been exeeded big time!.

vivekTO

Gameplay character model in photomode. Tried to zoom in as much as I can.

A new benchmark perhaps.

ntsBKd.png

Its all in the eyes!!

Great start for me, the game froze on the opening cutscene. Tried to close the application which made my PS4 Pro shit itself... :p
Ended up having to pull out the power cable...

There's something satisfying about provoking an enemy, running away, sliding and shooting down a trip line, stunning the enemy, then shooting it in the eye and killing it.

iFirez

I really just want to know more about Aloy... she fascinates me.

I think that people blew the whole
no mother thing
out of the water before release.
It seems like she has a mother behind that door no? Maybe humans living in a vault like Fallout or in Stasis. That women she see's with the short hair seems to be her mother, no? The Nora just look at her as a curse or blessing from their imaginary goddess right? She clearly has a real mother.
These are just my interpretations after a 8 hours of playtime, a large majority of this time was me exploring and messing with photo mode.

Tomeru

i have seen plenty of times where people one shot human enemies with arrows aiming the head. It's not a case of being an RPG, it's more a case of bad collision that sometimes makes arrow fly through enemies heads.

Maybe its related to where you hit them. Some of them have masks on their faces. I could be wrong though.

zkorejo

The opening touched me. The opening was Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2 levels of good in my books. Played for 4 hours, I love this world, I absolutely love Aloy and I love the story and gameplay.

Gameplay character model in photomode. Tried to zoom in as much as I can.

A new benchmark perhaps.

ntsBKd.png

It kills me how harsh the edge is between the characters' hairlines and their foreheads is. There's no shadowing or blending going on. The baked on eyebrows look much more natural.

The opening touched me. The opening was Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2 levels of good in my books. Played for 4 hours, I love this world, I absolutely love Aloy and I love the story and gameplay.

Yeah same here. The opening really grabbed me. I'm totally immersed in this world and I absolutely love Aloy.

silva1991

I just realized that I can expand my inventory space....

Thank God I'm still very early in the game and didn't sell my shit yet.

SomTervo

Draw distance is the only simulation thing that's slightly frustrating just now - only because it can impact the lighting. I was walking through a forest with incredible god rays emerging from ahead, then suddenly the god rays started getting covered up because it was loading in world geometry in front of the horizon. Like patch by patch the god rays were disappointing.

Such a unique scenario though - on the whole this is incredible.

Where can I find information on what all the little icons mean in the weapons/armor sections of menus? Wish they had like a help toggle so I could hover over every little thing and see exactly what it represents, like in souls games.

This is pissing me off a little. There's no legend for the minimap.

Bethell

Wondering if anyone can help me - I've completed the "prologue" and then my PS4 finishes loading but then goes to a "Copying" page with a 6 hour timer. I had already copied 16gb data over when i installed the game from my disc. Will I really have to wait 6 hours now and what happened for all you guys who bought the physical edition?

Thanks.

nOoblet16

By the way, once you have exploding traps just forget anything else exists, you don't have to bother with debuff enemies with elemental or taking out their parts cause the explosives do ridiculous amount of damage.

A game where you can headshot a human with an arrow five times and they're still alive
I thought the same way but it depends on your bow, arrow and whether the enemy has a helmet on.

If you are using a fast bow then it won't do as much damage as the others, a hard point arrow will do significantly more damage than normal arrows and will break helmets leading to one shot kill for headshots for any human enemy. It's funny though that fire arrows don't really do much impact damage even if you hit humans with it but I guess that's how the elemental system works in this game.

That transition video of kid Aloy rolling down a hill and then getting back up, instantly becoming an adult, is some fine editing. Absolutely gorgeous.

WITHE1982

Wondering if anyone can help me - I've completed the "prologue" and then my PS4 finishes loading but then goes to a "Copying" page with a 6 hour timer. I had already copied 16gb data over when i installed the game from my disc. Will I really have to wait 6 hours now and what happened for all you guys who bought the physical edition?

Thanks.

I installed it yesterday and it installed 43GB from disc and a 250MB downloadable patch.

Not sure why your install is only 16gb. Did it fully install before you started up the game?

chogidogs

After a series of games feeling like a BAMF where no one could touch me, it's nice to feel scared when something bigger than a scrapper comes along.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Something about the combat feels really dangerous. I like it.
I'm not super into the lore and all that but playing on Hard and the game playing so well I love it.

Having enemies notice me when they are grouped up (or alone, if they are the bigger or lesser known to me) is very thrilling.

Staf

Ok, i'm sitting at work and reading this OT and going crazy. Gonna leave work a bit early coming home to a newly fresh downloaded copy of Horizon on my PS4 in an hour or two. Can't freaking wait!

AmyS

Guys, I just got HZD and Nioh.

What do I play first?

I have the original PS4 which is set up on a 42" 1080p LED in the bedroom and a PS4 Pro that is on a Samsung 50'' 4K / HDR in the living room.

Both games are the disc versions, so I wonder which one has the larger update ?

15 hours in and I'm still hanging around the righternmost part of the map.

I think I'm going to do everything. Exploration just feels so good.

SxP

Picked up a copy during my break, now to wait a couple of more hours until I can finally play. Having the box sitting on my desk just makes it harder as well.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I absolutely love the game so far. I just wander around looking at the scenery and it's blowing my mind. Aloy is awesome too.

What do I play first?

I have the original PS4 which is set up on a 42" 1080p LED in the bedroom and a PS4 Pro that is on a Samsung 50'' 4K / HDR in the living room.

You are asking this in Horizon thread :p Well, I have beaten Nioh and it can be frustrating as you need to focus a lot. It's an awesome game but play this first.

What do I play first?

if you're in the mood of stressful hard game where you're expected to die again and again while you learn to be better at the game, go for Nioh

if you're in the mood for a more relaxed game, with challenging, but not frustrating combat with nice story and characters, go for Horizon.

lonerism

I've played the game for one hour yesterday

I'm blown away with the graphics, I mean what kind of sorcery is this? This game is so fucking real

Muzicfreq

Banned
that part right before the proving when you speak to Rost that last time I chose to be mad... GUH! THE FEELS!!!

This game is trying to kill me with the feels

lonerism

Also, Aloy is such a likeable character

Love her to death already <3

Does anyone know if your dialogue choices affect the game in some way?

AmyS

You are asking this in Horizon thread :p Well, I have beaten Nioh and it can be frustrating as you need to focus a lot. It's an awesome game but play this first.

if you're in the mood of stressful hard game where you're expected to die again and again while you learn to be better at the game, go for Nioh

if you're in the mood for a more relaxed game, with challenging, but not frustrating combat with nice story and characters, go for Horizon.

Thanks guys -- Based on how I'm feeling right now, Horzon ZD it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom