• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned

Yeah, those 2 are freaking me out.

image.php

I'm not apologizing anymore for this lol

Unknown?

But GG never did a good game, story or character. :D
I was expecting only an okay story. Pleasantly surprised that it's fantastic. Killzone 2 was an amazing game but the story wasn't very good. Although compared to other popular shooters of the time it wasn't sub par.

jaaz

I just bit the bullet and pre-ordered Horizon, BotW and Mass Effect on Amazon. I have no idea when i am going to find the time to play all these games. But I know which one I am going to play first!

LotusHD

Banned
Wouldn't shock me. Gravity Rush fans are the devil.

I kid I kid D:

im convinced DriftingSpirit and LotusHD are the same person. or at least different personalities of the same person.

Lol!! Shhh.
And y'all gotta be doing this on purpose at this point

It's not even the same avatar, y'all needa get your eyes checked lol

Anyways, I'mma stop worrying about it, I suggest you guys do the same lol

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Kat in LotusHD's avatar looks stoned as hell. They must have some good weed in Heksville. Then again Raven is always hungry...

Skeeter49

I still need to play The Witcher expansions. Games fine, combat is the weakest part though.

And I like when it doesn't take people an hour to load in.

Besides Witcher 3, I can't think of any other open world game where I actually cared about or played for the story. Far Cry 3, but that was mainly because of Vaas than anything with the protagonist or plot. RDR was pretty good in the beginning but then I lost interest. Fallout and Skyim, I care more about the side stories than the main narrative. GTA, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Just Cause, Infamous...not really.

To be honest, the structure of open worlds kind of discourage a focused story, because the inherent freedom means any sense of pacing or urgency in stakes can be negated by the player just doing shit in between missions. Even as good as Witcher 3 was, the main story paled in comparison to the side quests (To be fair I haven't finished Witcher 3)

Arkham City was pretty good. I think the dense setting, oppressive atmosphere, and very singular role of "being Batman" helped make everything you did feel in service of the overarching plot

Besides Witcher 3, I can't think of any other open world game where I actually cared about or played for the story. Far Cry 3, but that was mainly because of Vaas than anything with the protagonist or plot. RDR was pretty good in the beginning but then I lost interest. Fallout and Skyim, I care more about the side stories than the main narrative. GTA, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Just Cause, Infamous...not really.

To be honest, the structure of open worlds kind of discourage a focused story, because the inherent freedom means any sense of pacing or urgency in stakes can be negated by the player just doing shit in between missions. Even as good as Witcher 3 was, the main story paled in comparison to the side quests (To be fair I haven't finished Witcher 3)

Arkham City was pretty good. I think the dense setting, oppressive atmosphere, and very singular role of "being Batman" helped make everything you did feel in service of the overarching plot
I agree with all of this, but Arkham Origins had the best story and side quests.

Floody

I wonder if it would be possible to just add more Machines. I'd pay for DLC that was extra Machines and maybe a
Cauldron
for them.

I've been wondering about that for the totally happening sequel. The machines all look great, but they are kinda a set thing now right and adding more wouldn't really make much sense. Unless it's going to be like Pokemon and every region has it's own set, with a few cross overs.

Guess I should actually wait and see if they set anything up really, but just something that got me wondering.

Skeeter49

If we got DLC, would you want it to be a standalone type deal, like First Light / The lost legacy, or similar to The Old Hunters, where you get new missions, and new stuff in the base game as well like weapons and maybe enemies, also
Cauldrons

reKon

Banned

Infamous SS's story was pretty decent. But RDR... come on now. That one got better as it progressed along...

LotusHD

Banned
Hmm maybe it was drifting Xp

Can't just assume it's me fam. #NotAllKats

Yes, $20 for very VERY hard mode

Smh

DriftingSpiritLotusHD sounds like a pretty rad game.

Shit, I'd play it.

The Kat in LotusHD's avatar looks stoned as hell. They must have some good weed in Heksville. Then again Raven is always hungry...

Anyone can get a cute Kat avatar pic. But there can only be one stoned Kat.

I always hear this lately, but meh, it rarely destroys the immersion for me.

I-hate-u

Umm, Infamous and Souls games.

CoolOff

If we got DLC, would you want it to be a standalone type deal, like First Light / The lost legacy, or similar to The Old Hunters, where you get new missions, and new stuff in the base game as well like weapons and maybe enemies, also
Cauldrons

Former I think, at least right now.

I think its amazing that tge PS4 was able to come out with 4 Killer titles so far this year and two of them are exclusives. That are both experimental in their own rights and They couldn't be further away from each other.

Brilliant move Sony, Brilliant move.

Infamous SS's story was pretty decent. But RDR... come on now. That one got better as it progressed along...
Mexico, man. The first act was really good, but then the game leaves behind all those characters that you had been with and learning about for all those hours

And I'm not saying the stories aren't good, but rather talking about the drive to play to see more of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom