• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami PS3/Vita |OT|

Allforce

Is this title "Cross-Save" with Vita and PS3? I have never had a game that used the feature before so I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong. I played about 5 levels on PS3 and now fired up the Vita and I'm back at the beginning with all those levels I previously completed locked

Any ideas?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Later levels are hard. Can I
really not pick up other weapons as the biker/knife guy?
whew.

Yeah, those levels suck. :( You have to plan like two steps ahead of yourself to make the most of the situation.

Is this title "Cross-Save" with Vita and PS3? I have never had a game that used the feature before so I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong. I played about 5 levels on PS3 and now fired up the Vita and I'm back at the beginning with all those levels I previously completed locked

Any ideas?

PS3: Options->Sync to Cloud PSP2: Options->Sync to Cloud

If that doesn't work, reverse order and then check Continue->Chapters to see where you are.

test_account

XP-39C²
Later levels are hard. Can I
really not pick up other weapons as the biker/knife guy?
whew.
Maybe you already noticed, but you do have 3 throwing knifes as well. That makes it a bit easier to take down the far away guys with guns at least. But yeah, those levels can be hard because you cant pick up any other weapons indeed.

EDIT 2: I forgot to use proper spoiler tags, sorry!

Any ideas?
Did you sync your process? Its under "options" i think. You need to sync it first on your PS3, then sync it again on the Vita (or vice versa, depending on which platform you progressed on in the game).

EDIT: Already answered =)

Any ideas?
Hit the menu "Options"->"Sync data now" on your PS3 then do the same with your Vita.

Guevara

Any ideas?

You have to go into options and select "Sync Save Data" or something. Do it on both machines.

Alric

I bought this on release for Steam but never played it. If it wasn't for the Vita i'd never get around to playing all these games. What a great game though.

Fusebox

Banned
Not gonna lie, this game did not click with me the first few times.

I got it on Steam, tried it and was meh, downloaded it to PS3 first and thought it was a bit better but it wasn't until I started playing on Vita that it all finally clicked, I started rushing through stages like a bad-ass instead of planning my moves out and now I reckon the game is fucking awesome. Finished it last night on Vita, easily my fave system to play it on. Can't wait for the sequel!

Shaneus

Not gonna lie, this game did not click with me the first few times.
You're a weird guy :p

When you played it on PC, was it with KBaM or controller? Because I only ever played the hell out of it with a 360 pad and I never even contemplated anything else. Surprises me to hear how some people are able to play it as such.

Surprised you haven't mentioned the soundtrack ;)

When you played it on PC, was it with KBaM or controller? Because I only ever played the hell out of it with a 360 pad and I never even contemplated anything else. Surprises me to hear how some people are able to play it as such.

I had kind of the same thing, where I first played it in PC with kb/m, and it was great and all but just shy of *juuuuuust right*. Playing it on the Vita felt like that was how the game was meant to be played (this post sponsored by Nvidia, apparently).

just finished the game and even got the true ending. Played the whole thing on Vita too and it was awesome! Took a few tries for the controls to click, but once they did...man oh man!

But can someone explain the story in this game for me? lol I'm still confused.

Shaneus

I had kind of the same thing, where I first played it in PC with kb/m, and it was great and all but just shy of *juuuuuust right*. Playing it on the Vita felt like that was how the game was meant to be played (this post sponsored by Nvidia, apparently).
Does the Vita have clicky joystick buttons? Only reason I ask (aside from my obvious lack of experience with the device despite ACTUALLY FUCKING OWNING ONE. Ugh, I suck) is that HM really came into it's own when I started auto-locking with the joystick. If the front touchscreen is the only way to do it on Vita, I'll be a bit bummed.

(Yes, I've already bought it, but I figure if someone else can answer these questions for me, I won't have to fire the thing up at work :) )

No vita sticks don't click in.

BUT you can also use the "square" button to auto lock apart from the touch screen. And once locked on to someone you can use the sticks to switch between enemies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any update when the patch will be coming?

Footos22

Finished everything. Was really easy on Vita.

Just waiting for a patch for the final 3 trophies.
always on top just wont pop.

the other weapon trophies randomly did though. when i didn't actually use anything.

Edit: Looks like i have been playing it wrong. never locked onto anybody at all didnt even know this was a thing lol

Anyway was still easy for me. liking all this precision and speed type gameplay at the moment.
velocity ultra and this are amazing

Mafro

Is the Get a Life trophy (A+ all chapters) one of the bugged ones? Because I've done that and it didn't unlock.

EDIT: never mind, I just looked in the activity log and it's there, but I never got a notification about it. Weird.

Vee_One

Started playing late last night, how do you perform the lock on on Vita? In true fashion I hit x through the dialog so I could play faster :p

Guevara

Started playing late last night, how do you perform the lock on on Vita? In true fashion I hit x through the dialog so I could play faster :p

square or touch screen on what you want to lock. You can also switch what you are locked on with the sticks (forget which one).

leroidys

Anyone want to clue me in on the ranking system? Just comboed both floors of Chapter 3 in one go and only managed an A. Was using fists, melee, doors, throws, and guns.

Anyone want to clue me in on the ranking system? Just comboed both floors of Chapter 3 in one go and only managed an A. Was using fists, melee, doors, throws, and guns.

guns give the least amount of points per kill. Go for melee ground kills with unique weapons. you need to get around 1500 points per guy at least to maximize a level score and go for A+. Shooting a guy is like what, 500 points only? So always throw/door/melee a guy down for that 450 points or so(barefisted punch an armed guard for a cool 1000), then a melee kill with a drill or unique item(scissors/hot water/bottle etc.) for 1100 points more.

edited for more points data! :D

TheSeks

I still can't get the A+ rank in Chapter 9. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Why doesn't that old ground-knockdown exploit work.

TheSeks

i have A- on that, so close :D

I have A. I missed out on 20,000 points! 20,000! WTF Devolved Digital! I mean I comboed the best I could, ground finished EVERYONE as best as I could and missed out by 20,000. So stupid! I'm not even sure it's possible to use the drill to A+ that one simply because of that. Add in the dogs where you can't ground finish exploit them and yeah...

I have A. I missed out on 20,000 points! 20,000! WTF Devolved Digital! I mean I comboed the best I could, ground finished EVERYONE as best as I could and missed out by 20,000. So stupid! I'm not even sure it's possible to use the drill to A+ that one simply because of that. Add in the dogs where you can't ground finish exploit them and yeah...

i got A- with the drill, but i didnt kill everyone upstairs before
the cops interrupt the mission.
and i have 62900 points, thats A-

drop the drill, punch a guy, drill execution. rinse repeat :D

TheSeks

Yeah, that's the problem. I can't seem to figure out how you'd get those last few kills before that event triggers. There's still 1-3 enemies left before that event triggers but since it's a one-hit kill if you don't book it, it's kinda hard to figure out if it's even possible to get those three before the event kills them for you.

For some reason the game has been operating worse and worse for me on the ps3.
It ran fine for the first week and then I got a hardlock. Then I got a few more over the next week and not It hardlocks every single time I finish a chapter before it count's up my score. : /

test_account

XP-39C²
I still can't get the A+ rank in Chapter 9. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Why doesn't that old ground-knockdown exploit work.
Ah, so that is how some of the 1st place highscores are ridiculously high? I was wondering how they got such high score (if it was a cheat or a glitch).

I recommend using the Louie mask for chapter 9 by the way, and rack up those combos with punch and ground pounding as much as possible.

For some reason the game has been operating worse and worse for me on the ps3.
It ran fine for the first week and then I got a hardlock. Then I got a few more over the next week and not It hardlocks every single time I finish a chapter before it count's up my score. : /

Seems we will get patch news this week. Hopefully that will resolve your issues (and get me my platinum ;) )

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

I got A+ but it involved a lot of repetition especially on the second floor. I used Zack. Make sure you're able to chain your combos straight on the first floor. On the second floor, you can break down the combos to two or three, as long as you kill all the enemies before
the cops arrive.

MDSLKTR

Got the get A life trophy out of the way, it really showed me the complexity of the game that I didn't see at first on my pc playtrough. Now to wait for the patch for the glitched trophies...

Yeah, that's the problem. I can't seem to figure out how you'd get those last few kills before that event triggers. There's still 1-3 enemies left before that event triggers but since it's a one-hit kill if you don't book it, it's kinda hard to figure out if it's even possible to get those three before the event kills them for you.

just tested it, go up to the elevator as soon as you can, combo it from there. That way you can kill everyone on the second floor before the cops show up! :)
http://hotline-miami.wikia.com/wiki/Crackdown?file=Ch9-3.jpg through this room with the long table.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hotline Miami 2 on PS4/Vita?

1vunIRU.png
iUvIzZq.png

What you mean? Rush up there with a bunch of guns firing at me before that point? D:

No, basic bait from the door/behind windows.
Don't go for combos but maximum points per guy with the drill.

it's a shame there isnt a proper map layout picture of the level online :D

Takeout the first 3 guys when you enter the level, combo-punch-drill. then throw a weapon at the guy who's end of the hallway, drill. then bait one or both guys from the room with the long table out to the hallway, punch+drill combo for points. then bait the northernmost guy either to the long table -room or out to the hallway, punch+drill. Next is the dog that you need to just whack with a pipe or something the bad guys had. Then it should be easy working your way south from there punching and drilling everyone as the cops show up.

This way no bad guys are north of the map, near the elevators.

Mafro

I don't think that points exploit for the drill executions is in this version. Instead use the frog mask to make it easier to link together combos for the high score, that's what I used on pretty much every level to A+ them all. Use melee weapons and executions as much as you can, and try to avoid using guns unless it's totally necessary.

Great news! I sniff a platinum...

yeah, i just hope it recognizes dogs killed and windows broken so far, would be quite boring to keep breaking windows just to grind these to unlock :D
very odd that this game cleared Sony's QA with so many glitching trophies. I don't think the Platinum is even obtainable?

Markadias

Banned
yeah, i just hope it recognizes dogs killed and windows broken so far, would be quite boring to keep breaking windows just to grind these to unlock :D
very odd that this game cleared Sony's QA with so many glitching trophies. I don't think the Platinum is even obtainable?

Yea that would suck if you have to do them again...

ULTROS!

I need that patch now.

Argfghfghfhghfghfghf

Cheech

PSA: The soundtrack for this game is $2.50, purchasable as DLC through Steam. It's a sale that only lasts until 1p EST today, so hurry!

Top Bottom