• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played Raw Data again (was waiting for the friend-related framedrop fix) and it's really amazingly fun in coop, especially playing with someone you know of course.

However, it does show two things clearly:
  • GPU hardware requirements for unwavering 90 FPS (no reprojection) with good IQ and contemporary graphics are just insane. I have a 1080, and if I don't want to drop below 90 FPS ever I can basically only play the game at 1.1 scaling and with reduced shadow/postprocessing settings. IQ increases significantly all the way up to 2.0 -- so basically the best current single GPU isn't even close to being enough to maximize IQ on these "low-res" first gen headsets. Sure, it's an indie game and unfinished, but neither of those changes the raw pixel pushing requirements all that much.
  • In the long run I really want full body tracking. Before playing a co-op game I was getting unsure on whether this is actually worth it, but no I'd happily strap some trackers to my legs/arms in order to get a better in-game representation.
    Luckily lighthouse is in ready for that in principle.

The game is in early access, according to everything I read about game development, performance optimization comes last. Also, the new pascal GPU's have been out for a month, and I'm sure we'll see a ton of optimization built into the driver updates moving forward.

I'd really like to have trackers on my ankles. I feel like it would open up a lot of potential for VR platforming. There's no real way to jump between ledges atm.

I'd really like to have trackers on my ankles. I feel like it would open up a lot of potential for VR platforming. There's no real way to jump between ledges atm.

I think it's a must have too. I notice one of the first ways people try o interact with the world after waving their arms around in VR for the first time is try to kick stuff. There are so many new gameplay opportunites for it as well.

That said, there are going to be a lot more broken TVs if kicking becomes a big thing lol.

Enordash

Spent some more time with Raw Data yesterday.

Definitely a good potential, but it's also pretty disapointing on many aspect. I mean it feel pretty good, even with it's current content it feel more complete than most VR game currently released.
But.... it's seems only balanced for 2 players, Saija ( melee character ) feel soooooo weak compared to the gun one ( and close to useless when there is the flying drones ), even with her telekinetic abilities. And with the way some of the ennemies work, is often not fun to play as her imho ( flying drones, rockets robots..).

Her force grab/push doesn't affect the flying drones either right? If she could force pull them down close enough to melee (and not cause me to hit the ceiling while attempting to jump up for one, oops), I think some of the frustration would be solved.

Another thing I've been considering while playing Raw Data and Trials of Tatooine: Deflecting lasers is definitely fun, but I think there's a better way to do this. Instead of having the lasers travel at ridiculously slow speeds, maybe have a long, clear charge time on a blaster before it fires. You would be able to see that someone was about to shoot and be ready for a quick reflect. The laser could travel at a speed that makes way more sense and you would feel much more badass this way. Maybe it has been tried and doesn't work all too well though. Who knows.

Her force grab/push doesn't affect the flying drones either right? If she could force pull them down close enough to melee (and not cause me to hit the ceiling while attempting to jump up for one, oops), I think some of the frustration would be solved.

Another thing I've been considering while playing Raw Data and Trials of Tatooine: Deflecting lasers is definitely fun, but I think there's a better way to do this. Instead of having the lasers travel at ridiculously slow speeds, maybe have a long, clear charge time on a blaster before it fires. You would be able to see that someone was about to shoot and be ready for a quick reflect. The laser could travel at a speed that makes way more sense and you would feel much more badass this way. Maybe it has been tried and doesn't work all too well though. Who knows.

I think it's fairer that they come at you slowly. Audio cues aren't enough in this game considering the chaos going on around you most of the time. Having them reflect back faster would be cool though. I also think they should give you more leeway in your deflection aim since I almost never kill drones with that. As long as you're aiming in the general direction, the laser should return in exactly the path it came from.

Enordash

I think it's fairer that they come at you slowly. Audio cues aren't enough in this game considering the chaos going on around you most of the time. Having them reflect back faster would be cool though. I also think they should give you more leeway in your deflection aim since I almost never kill drones with that. As long as you're aiming in the general direction, the laser should return in exactly the path it came from.

I do pretty much agree with you here. I just think there's some room for improvement either way. Another thing that needs to happen eventually: Metal Gear Revengeance levels of slicing. I still think Raw Data is one of the best things you can do in VR right now. With a ton of polish, this game could be mindblowingly good.

Just refunded Vanishing Realms, which I'd bought during the Steam Summer Sale. I like a lot of things about the game, but I'm not a fan of the they implemented teleporting without adjusting the level design to make sense with it. I think Roundabout locomotion could have been a nice alternative

Couldnt they just slow down time near the moment of impact letting you deflect them at that point?

Jedi instinct reasons etc.

Zalusithix

The best balance from a general game mechanic would probably be a bullet time system where the shots come in fast, but time automatically slows when they near you. This gives time to bat them back without feeling like they're moving abnormally slow. Time resumes to normal speed right after the last volley either connects to the sword or is missed. Tweak the trigger distance and slow speed until it still feels like a challenge. This runs into issues with games containing coop though. Can't have one person in bullet time and the other not. Not sure how you'd handle the mechanic when you have coop to worry about as well.

Also, as far as Raw Data goes, I think the reflection in general is kind of meh. Does everything have to ape Star Wars? It would have been far more interesting, for instance, if the sword blocked and absorbed the energy. You could even play with mechanics where it's more powerful as it absorbs more energy, but it can only absorb so many shots before it overloads and can't block any more. Combine that with an active skill (or skills) that drain the charge for some effect where the effect is also proportional to the charge. (Such as turning it into a giant energy claymore for one huge AOE strike, or a special lance mode for throwing that seeks out and impales a set number of targets before returning.) Then you'd have to juggle the risk/reward of high charge vs blocking capacity.

The best balance from a general game mechanic would probably be a bullet time system where the shots come in fast, but time automatically slows when they near you. This gives time to bat them back without feeling like they're moving abnormally slow. Time resumes to normal speed right after the last volley either connects to the sword or is missed. Tweak the trigger distance and slow speed until it still feels like a challenge. This runs into issues with games containing coop though. Can't have one person in bullet time and the other not. Not sure how you'd handle the mechanic when you have coop to worry about as well.

Also, as far as Raw Data goes, I think the reflection in general is kind of meh. Does everything have to ape Star Wars? It would have been far more interesting, for instance, if the sword blocked and absorbed the energy. You could even play with mechanics where it's more powerful as it absorbs more energy, but it can only absorb so many shots before it overloads and can't block any more. Combine that with an active skill (or skills) that drain the charge for some effect where the effect is also proportional to the charge. (Such as turning it into a giant energy claymore for one huge AOE strike, or a special lance mode for throwing that seeks out and impales a set number of targets before returning.) Then you'd have to juggle the risk/reward of high charge vs blocking capacity.

Yeah, I think the bullet time idea isn't in there specifically because of co-op. I do like your second idea though. Right now, I'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit to two handing since everything but the rocket bots can be one sliced so I think that needs some tweaking. Maybe it can do a weaker version of the AOE on hit when it's charged or something.

Enordash

Couldnt they just slow down time near the moment of impact letting you deflect them at that point?

Jedi instinct reasons etc.

Isn't the lore something to the effect of them being able to see a couple seconds into the future, so they know where a shot will hit beforehand? Could you do some sort of ghosting as a visual indicator there? I'm really stuck on having the lasers travel at a speed that looks more impressive.

Yeah, I think the bullet time idea isn't in there specifically because of co-op. I do like your second idea though. Right now, I'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit to two handing since everything but the rocket bots can be one sliced so I think that needs some tweaking. Maybe it can do a weaker version of the AOE on hit when it's charged or something.

I think they'd benefit from a more robust destruction system in this case. Maybe the one-handed strike could lop off an arm or leg and take a few bits of dismembering to kill. You could still kill with a good neck strike one-handed, but two-handed allows you to just chop things down straight through the chest. I agree that they are pretty much one in the same right now which doesn't promote the use of two-handed ever.

In the long run I really want full body tracking. Before playing a co-op game I was getting unsure on whether this is actually worth it, but no I'd happily strap some trackers to my legs/arms in order to get a better in-game representation.

Hmm I like the way you think. Britney's Dance Beat Ultimate Vive Edition.

Zalusithix

In the long run I really want full body tracking. Before playing a co-op game I was getting unsure on whether this is actually worth it, but no I'd happily strap some trackers to my legs/arms in order to get a better in-game representation.

I was actually thinking about full body tracking the other day and ways it could be done without any external sources. (As in possible with mobile gear.) One of the things that came to mind was a sixense style tracking where the "base" station is the head. All external tracking points would then be head relative and by nature completely immune to occlusion. The only thing was I wasn't sure of was if the base tech could be made small and light enough to comfortably be head mountable. They've supposedly made strides making everything smaller, and I'd assume they could make it smaller still if they could have the tracking range limited to the person's body.

With something like the lighthouse setup though, you could make it back mounted pretty easily and sidestep any weight issues all together. Use the lighthouses to orient the base in a 3D space, and then adjust all the other tracking points relative to that. I mean, sure you can just add lighthouse sensors to everything, but placement of them isn't exactly non-trivial. Needs to have multiple sensors (5?) in a rigid formation that's also occlusion resistant. That starts to get tricky with an entire body's worth of tracking points.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Well, I'd start with UE4 and Blender. Both of those are just a googling away.
(Don't do textures, use procedural materials, they look better in VR anyway ;))

Just wanted to clarify this old post before I go too far down the wrong path - were you referring to procedural materials for the generation in Blender or something being done on-the-fly in UE4?

(also found this, but I'm guessing that wasn't it)

Durante

The game is in early access, according to everything I read about game development, performance optimization comes last. Also, the new pascal GPU's have been out for a month, and I'm sure we'll see a ton of optimization built into the driver updates moving forward.
Performance optimization is one thing, but for an indie game on UE4 I don't expect it to suddenly get a massive performance boost from some optimizations. Ultimately, something needs to render those pixels.

I was actually thinking about full body tracking the other day and ways it could be done without any external sources. (As in possible with mobile gear.) One of the things that came to mind was a sixense style tracking where the "base" station is the head. All external tracking points would then be head relative and by nature completely immune to occlusion. The only thing was I wasn't sure of was if the base tech could be made small and light enough to comfortably be head mountable. They've supposedly made strides making everything smaller, and I'd assume they could make it smaller still if they could have the tracking range limited to the person's body.

With something like the lighthouse setup though, you could make it back mounted pretty easily and sidestep any weight issues all together. Use the lighthouses to orient the base in a 3D space, and then adjust all the other tracking points relative to that. I mean, sure you can just add lighthouse sensors to everything, but placement of them isn't exactly non-trivial. Needs to have multiple sensors (5?) in a rigid formation that's also occlusion resistant. That starts to get tricky with an entire body's worth of tracking points.
I think the 5 sensors part is only the case if you want both position and orientation, right? I think exact orientation isn't that crucial on those, you can still do that with IK. Of course, occlusion is a concern down on the legs.

Just wanted to clarify this old post before I go too far down the wrong path - were you referring to procedural materials for the generation in Blender or something being done on-the-fly in UE4?

(also found this, but I'm guessing that wasn't it)
I meant standard materials developed in the UE4 material editor, without relying on images primarily.

Wallach

Audioshield seems pretty awesome. Cracked 1m on my first session tonight on the middle difficulty, I think it was the Pirates of the Caribbean track. Kinda hope they add some kind of layout/pattern deal to Workshop so that people can create custom "rides", because sometimes it doesn't feel like it makes a ton of sense against the beat, but the gameplay itself is still really fantastic. Good use of haptics.

My legs are actually kinda sore after the past couple days. Still gonna play a shitload this weekend, I think. Let me know if you are interested in some Raw Data co-op this weekend, as I'd really like to try it out.

On a side note, I put my Vive VR Lens Lab adapters with prescription lenses in today and they have the same kind of distortion around the edges as the Rift ones do. The fitting is way better though. They pop right in there and once you push the relief back in they don't budge. Not crazy about the distortion but it doesn't bother me enough that I won't use them.

artsi

Audioshield seems pretty awesome. Cracked 1m on my first session tonight on the middle difficulty, I think it was the Pirates of the Caribbean track. Kinda hope they add some kind of layout/pattern deal to Workshop so that people can create custom "rides", because sometimes it doesn't feel like it makes a ton of sense against the beat, but the gameplay itself is still really fantastic. Good use of haptics.

Yeah, agreed. I have very little faith in the developer updating the game ever again, but at least other people are developing similiar games with human made patterns.

elyetis

Yeah, deflecting laser can be fun, but again when it comes to efficiency...... By the time you deflect it back (even if you aim it well on the first try ) someone with a pistol would have killed two of them if not more...
If making the original laser travel faster wouldn't work, they should at least allow you to hit back the laser to make it faster ( and for balance make it that you don't need to aim, if you hit the laser it will travel back to it's target )
Another thing that needs to happen eventually: Metal Gear Revengeance levels of slicing.
So much that.
It could work if you don't really see it as a true bullet time. She has telekinetic power, she just use it around herself to slow down incoming laser once it get too close ( could even use the same energy gauge as your telekinetic ability ).
I like that. When I was thinking about how they could rebalance the character I thought about giving her some kind of energy slice, because it really need a better way to deal with the flying drones.
DFF_Innocence.png
( kind of like that )
I could see that kind of power ( or it's range/power ) be based on the stored energy in your sword.

Audioshield, heh, I'm #1 on a bunch of tracks on easy :D
I need to up my game and live in the harder difficulties, i also need more people to play more eclectic music to match mine! Play more Carly Rae Jepsen, Madrugada, 16 Horsepower and Electric Wizard you lot! :p

Despite it's flaws it's still my "Go to" VR game. Easy to get into and play.

Wallach

I've been enjoying Saija more than Bishop in Raw Data (what little I guess I've played of it). The katana throw is just more fun than shooting a gun.

I agree that the deflect is a little bit too difficult to use, and gameplay-wise is actually a little at odds with the katana throw in that if they are far enough away to be firing at you, it seems more compelling to chuck the sword than to deflect the bolt. I'd rather see the sword absorb the bolt and give it the properties of the 2H strike on next hit, maybe even allowing it to keep the charge if you throw it while the charge is stored for powered-up katana throws (more damage, bigger hitbox or something). Could also see the 2H grip thing changed so that you just grip the sword with both hands for a 1-1.5 seconds which puts the sword in the powered-up state for the next ~5-6 seconds; actually swinging the sword with both hands doesn't work that well, and also makes trying to handle movement/positioning really difficult when she is more reliant on it than Bishop.

In terms of new attacks, what I think I'd really like to see for Saija is giving her the ability to damage enemies that she tele-dashes through. Pay out the increased reliance on movement and would be a pretty cool unique advantage for her.

My legs are actually kinda sore after the past couple days. Still gonna play a shitload this weekend, I think. Let me know if you are interested in some Raw Data co-op this weekend, as I'd really like to try it out.

On a side note, I put my Vive VR Lens Lab adapters with prescription lenses in today and they have the same kind of distortion around the edges as the Rift ones do. The fitting is way better though. They pop right in there and once you push the relief back in they don't budge. Not crazy about the distortion but it doesn't bother me enough that I won't use them.

Try the song War from the Rocky IV soundtrack in Audioshield. It is by far the best mapped song I have played. All of the other classics on the soundtrack are good as well, but that's the standout

Durante

I only play Saija in Raw Data, but I think adding damage to the dashes would be OP. Basically, moving all the time (I mean in the order of 1 hop per second) is already the most successful strategy as far as I can tell, no need to make it even more powerful.

Zalusithix

It could work if you don't really see it as a true bullet time. She has telekinetic power, she just use it around herself to slow down incoming laser once it get too close ( could even use the same energy gauge as your telekinetic ability ).

So instead of a global bullet time, a repulsing shield that selectively slows shots in proximity to her. I suppose that could work. Though I just thought about this from the opposite side of things. If we up the speed of the incoming blasts greatly, then Saija will be the only one capable of not getting hit by them. Everybody else would get hit if they didn't destroy the target before it fired. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but it would change the dynamics a bit.

As for the energy wave slice, that's actually another one of the thoughts I had for activation. Something wider, faster, and harder hitting than actually throwing the blade while allowing you to get immediately back into melee without waiting for the return. There's a ton of things you could do for an activated skill based on a charge mechanic.
Audioshield, heh, I'm #1 on a bunch of tracks on easy :D
I need to up my game and live in the harder difficulties, i also need more people to play more eclectic music to match mine! Play more Carly Rae Jepsen, Madrugada, 16 Horsepower and Electric Wizard you lot! :p

Despite it's flaws it's still my "Go to" VR game. Easy to get into and play.

You need to move up to the highest difficulty ASAP. Audioshield on any lower difficulty is so much less fun. It'll probably murder you in the beginning, but once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder how you ever played on anything less. Day one for me was the lowest difficulty. Day two and part of three were the mid level. From there on out it has been the highest or bust.

So my repaired base station arrived this Wednesday after about 10 days of sending it to the Netherlands and I got to try it yesterday.

Now I can safely say that I am a believer! It really blows my mind that it took me a month to realize that there was a problem with the Vive. Everything just felt a bit off even when it somehow seemed that it was working well. It turns out it never actually worked well. Now it does and the thing is impressive!

I will be getting (edit: fixing Big to Raw) Raw Data this weekend and try Solus project again.

SomTervo

Kicking would be cool too.

Imagine the football games you could have. Just multiplayer penalty shootouts would be awesome.

High risk of falling and damaging the HMD/other gear/yourself though. That's probably why they haven't done it.

So my repaired base station arrived this Wednesday after about 10 days of sending it to the Netherlands and I got to try it yesterday.

Now I can safely say that I am a believer! It really blows my mind that it took me a month to realize that there was a problem with the Vive. Everything just felt a bit off even when it somehow seemed that it was working well. It turns out it never actually worked well. Now it does and the thing is impressive!

I will be getting Big Data this weekend and try Solus project again.

Great result, LG!

I'm on the Solus dev team if you didn't realise - feel free to hop over to the OT if you have any questions/thoughts on the game.

Zalusithix

Congrats! Nothing worse in VR than flaky tracking. Well other than low frame rates.

I will be getting Big Data this weekend and try Solus project again.

Think you're looking for Raw Data. ;)

JMZ555

I'm on the fence about getting a vive...

I had the oculus DK1 and DK2 and enjoyed messing about with them.

Is there a big jump in terms of clarity/resolution compared to a DK2?

Could I get away with a Gtx1080 if I overclock my old i5 2500 to 4ghz? I have 8gb ram.

Half of me thinks it be worth it for the fun but on other hand its a lot of money for just vive as i play most AAA games on my ps4

Could I get away with a Gtx1080 if I overclock my old i5 2500 to 4ghz? I have 8gb ram.

Half of me thinks it be worth it for the fun but on other hand its a lot of money for just vive as i play most AAA games on my ps4

Don't expect a big jump over DK2 in terms of resolution (I think), but room-scale/precise motion controllers makes all the difference. I would call it more than a 'big jump' over VR gaming with a joypad.

Room scale is VR.

Don't get a Vive for AAA gaming. Get it for VR exclusive games like Budget Cuts, Raw Data, Out of Ammo, etc.

Arulan

So, it looks like I'll have to send in my HMD to repair. The defect has happened since I received it, but I thought it was intentional until recently. Essentially, when in a loading screen, or what I perceived as such; when it was displaying all black, I noticed a weird effect. I didn't think much of it because it only appeared during these moments of transition, either loading screen, or moments when the screen wasn't displaying anything.

As it turns out, this effect, which is initially perceived as a weird focus of the eyes, and the left screen being brighter, is the lack of mural correction on the right screen. Left screen has the mural correction, which gives it a sort of grey-tint in dark scenes, while the right lacks it, and displays true blacks with smearing. I hadn't played a lot that involved dark scenes until recently, and didn't realize that this defect was present throughout.

Fortunately, to my surprise, customer service has been great. Thanks Mervin.

JMZ555

Don't expect a big jump over DK2 in terms of resolution (I think), but room-scale/precise motion controllers makes all the difference. I would call it more than a 'big jump' over VR gaming with a joypad.

Room scale is VR.

Don't get a Vive for AAA gaming. Get it for VR exclusive games like Budget Cuts, Raw Data, Out of Ammo, etc.

hmmm those games don't excite me though, i think that's the problem.

What currently is the best story driven/ adventure type game?

SimplexPL

Gallery: Call of the Starseed - but it's extremely short. Maybe someone will correct me, but I think Vive/VR is sorely lacking in the department of story driven/adventure type games.

For seating experiences, there is Chronos and Edge of Tomorrow from the Oculus Store (needs Revive). Also The Assembly (again, no roomscale and no motion controls)

Don't worry, you can still play AAA games on PS4 since Vive has no AAA games yet.

On the other hand, if you buy 1080 then playing AAA games on a PC would be a much better experience - 1440p, 60fps, ultra settings.

Zalusithix

"Big Data, the latest Silicon Valley* simulator from the developers of Facebook!

*Oculus Rift only."

Haha, I was going to make a passing reference to Oculus/Facebook, but neither HTC or Valve are strangers to the concept. Facebook is by far the worst offender, but pretty much every large corp does it to some extent.

On a related note, VR and AR present some interesting opportunities for visualizing data in ways that simply aren't possible on a traditional screen. While not quite "big data", working with databases and media libraries was one of the things that interested me before getting the Vive. I was going to mess around with visualizing that sort of stuff in an interactive 3D roomscale environment. After getting the headset, I dropped my plans though. The resolution just isn't there in these gen-1 devices. Can't get the information density high enough for traditional data, and the optical artifacts would seriously impact the media aspect. Here's to hoping gen-2 is better in both areas.

Durante

There's a decent clarity/resolution jump, and a huge jump in tracking/interactivity and of course game library. (I also was a DK1/2 owner)
I don't think it's going too far to say that a Vive with its controllers and room-scale tracking is about as big and transformative a jump over DK levels in the entire experience as the DKs were over on-screen gaming.

Sure. Most everything would be GPU limited on that OC'ed CPU. Upgrading to 16 GB wouldn't hurt though, and is really cheap at the moment.

There is a simple solution to that: play AAA games on your 1080 PC with superior quality and framerate instead :p

SimplexPL

I understood that he does not have 1080 yet, and he is considering buying it with Vive. That's why I wrote: "If you buy 1080 then playing AAA games on a PC would be a much better experience - 1440p, 60fps, ultra settings."

If he has 1080 then what would be the point of playing AAA games (or any games) on inferior hardware? Unless there are constraints that I am unaware of.

Survios had a live stream yesterday and talked about changes coming in the 0.2 patch for Raw Data. A couple of things off the top of my head:

• Teleport will be getting a stamina meter eventually. No more infinite teleporting.
  • Between the guns and melee, melee got the least love before release. Big improvements will be coming next patch including better visual feedback. Punching specifically should feel a lot better as it was barely worked on.
  • Crawlers should always be in front of you and in view when they jump on you. No more crawlers on your back etc.
  • Better AI path finding
  • Fusion shot for Gun Cleric. Put two charged shots together to fire one powerful blast. Should be really strong with a large cooldown. They want the bigger robots to go down a little faster and this is one way to do that.
  • Telekinesis for Saija. Relatively long distance. Full control once grabbed so you can toss enemies up, against walls, fling them toward you, etc. Won't work on every enemy.
  • Flashlights for the dark levels. Gun Cleric will have spotlights on the pistols, Saija will have a shorter point light tied to the blade (so if you throw it, the light will follow).
  • Adding some more strategically placed lights in mission 2.
  • They barely worked on haptic feedback at all before release. Expect that to have huge improvements.

There's other stuff, but that's all I can remember right now. I believe all of this should be live for the 0.2 patch.

Kicking would be cool too.

Imagine the football games you could have. Just multiplayer penalty shootouts would be awesome.

Problem is, I don't think a simple ankle mounted tracker would be enough for that. Ankle tells you where your feet are, but nothing about how your feet are angled/pointed. I think you'd need some kind of special shoes for that, which gets complicated.

Tagyhag

Teleport will be getting a stamina meter eventually. No more infinite teleporting.

I hope they have a different mode or option for it.

It's completely understandable to change it, if you're fast enough you can pretty much dodge everything with the teleport. But it'll still be fun to have the option.

JMZ555

My vive is coming Monday. What can I do in preparation?

What software should I install ready etc?

I'm going to move my room about now to make space.

Survios had a live stream yesterday and talked about changes coming in the 0.2 patch for Raw Data. A couple of things off the top of my head:

• Teleport will be getting a stamina meter eventually. No more infinite teleporting.
  • Between the guns and melee, melee got the least love before release. Big improvements will be coming next patch including better visual feedback. Punching specifically should feel a lot better as it was barely worked on.
  • Crawlers should always be in front of you and in view when they jump on you. No more crawlers on your back etc.
  • Better AI path finding
  • Fusion shot for Gun Cleric. Put two charged shots together to fire one powerful blast. Should be really strong with a large cooldown. They want the bigger robots to go down a little faster and this is one way to do that.
  • Telekinesis for Saija. Relatively long distance. Full control once grabbed so you can toss enemies up, against walls, fling them toward you, etc. Won't work on every enemy.
  • Flashlights for the dark levels. Gun Cleric will have spotlights on the pistols, Saija will have a shorter point light tied to the blade (so if you throw it, the light will follow).
  • Adding some more strategically placed lights in mission 2.
  • They barely worked on haptic feedback at all before release. Expect that to have huge improvements.

There's other stuff, but that's all I can remember right now. I believe all of this should be live for the 0.2 patch.

When is .2 coming?

Onemic

hmmm those games don't excite me though, i think that's the problem.

What currently is the best story driven/ adventure type game?

I can already tell you'll most likely be dissapointed by first gen VR. Wait until second or third gen if you're looking for AAA VR games.

JMZ555

I can already tell you'll most likely be dissapointed by first gen VR. Wait until second or third gen if you're looking for AAA VR games.

I think I overstated when I said AAA games, what I mean is games which are complete.

I have no problem with short games or games with less than great graphics as long as they are complete.

I have been thinking back to have much I enjoyed messing with the DK2 and so I decided to order the vive and the 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom