• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2011 Edition of SSD's for everyone! |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBoy101

ph33nix said:
Yeah, I think I'm sticking with just one for now since I'm oozing with guilt staring at my shopping cart. So in general I'll probably not use anything else that uses PCI-E?

I literally googled "What uses PCI-E" lol and got nothing

*blink*

Your GPU uses PCI-E. :D

JoeBoy101 said:
*blink*

Your GPU uses PCI-E. :D

hahaha I know, just wondering if something else would, like audio related or power related shit :p

I know wireless cards do, but I'm getting a USB dongle anyways

Wallach

ph33nix said:
hahaha I know, just wondering if something else would, like audio related or power related shit :p

I know wireless cards do, but I'm getting a USB dongle anyways

You probably won't be using (or needing) anything else that would want to occupy a PCI-E slot and would need a dedicated power line from the PSU aside from a second GPU. I think you're fine with the 650w PSU unless you think you might want to go dual GPU rather than upgrade your single GPU down the line somewhere.

Esperado said:
No offense, but this came out of left field and I think you might be a little too emotionally invested.
Not at all. If I was I wouldn't be able to identify the disconnect between optimism and reality.

It's always good if we can separate our interest in tech (like other areas) from a business perspective, against being end-users.

Perhaps some of my phrasing needs works. I dunno.

Esperado said:
I can't find anywhere where someone recommended him those choices. He found them himself.
True, but keep in mind that a number of members come in here with a similar approach, and everyone weighs in with tweaks and suggestions how they can improve their PC experience.

Esperado said:
Even then his question didn't even ask whether or not those processors were a good value. He was wondering if the upgrade would be feasible with his current power supply.
That was already answered.
If anything, you can fault me for maybe making my reply too general/random, as to include any others reading this thread, and potentially weighing the different builds options.

Esperado said:
Computer builders are generally brand agnostic; even more so when there are large differences in performance as the case is with Intels and AMDs latest offerings today.
Wiser and more reasonable users, yes. I wasn't lumping the enthusiasts in with the questionable diehards. A quick look around reveals there are still too many people caught up in skewed perspectives.

Vlodril

Since i think my 5850 is slowly dying , i am looking towards a 6950. Are there any negative issues i should know off or does the card performs adequately?

Wallach

·feist· said:
Not at all. If I was I wouldn't be able to identify the disconnect between optimism and reality.

It's always good if we can separate our interest in tech (like other areas) from a business perspective, against being end-users.

Perhaps some of my phrasing needs works. I dunno.

Only thing I'm curious about is why or how you know people have been PMing what sounds like questionable advice to users. I don't think it's really a good idea to let go unchecked honestly, especially as we're in a period of heavy upgrade interest and we have people pulling the trigger on $1,000+ dollar purchases.

Emitan

The 560 is coming out soon, right? I have a 5770 right now and I was wondering if I should try 2 5770s in Crossfire or replace it with a 560.

Wrekt

TheExodu5 said:
The 912 comes with a 120mm exhaust and 120mm intake. It can fit a 120mm side intake.

The 922 comes with a 120mm exhaust, 200mm intake, and 200mm top exhaust. It can also fit a 200mm side intake.

Keep in mind a 200mm can push probably 3 times as much air as a 120mm, while remaining just as quiet.

You're right though...the 922 is a few inches deeper.
I took your advise. Newegg put the 922 on sale today and I grabbed one.

I purchased it with a rapidly expiring rebate card I got from another purchase. I won't have the cash to actually fill it with components for another few months, but at least I have the case now :lol .

Wallach said:
Only thing I'm curious about is why or how you know people have been PMing what sounds like questionable advice to users. I don't think it's really a good idea to let go unchecked honestly, especially as we're in a period of heavy upgrade interest and we have people pulling the trigger on $1,000+ dollar purchases.
Someone came in here and posted a PM that was advising them on what parts to buy, and they wanted to get input from everyone else. The PM sender has doled out suspect recommendations in the past.

Vlodril said:
Since i think my 5850 is slowly dying , i am looking towards a 6950. Are there any negative issues i should know off or does the card performs adequately?
There have been issues with the 10.12 drivers. You may want to wait for the release of the 1GB Radeon 69xx cards to see how they compare, and if it works out to being a better buy for you.

Wallach

Billychu said:
The 560 is coming out soon, right? I have a 5770 right now and I was wondering if I should try 2 5770s in Crossfire or replace it with a 560.

Yeah, I think they are scheduled to hit retail around the last week of this month. Personally I would wait until we have a good round of benches for it before making any GPU purchase for now. Even then, I think I would prefer to sell the 5770 and upgrade to another single GPU over going Crossfire whether that winds up being the 560 or something similar.

Wazzim

Banned
The 560 is holding me off now, mostly interested in it's price...something around 190 euros would be nice, anything like 250/280 will be a no go.

Not sure if anyone saw it, but Hardocp has $15.00 off + free shipping from Newegg on a Samsung Spinpoint 1B F3... That's $54.99!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1576815

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$69.99 - $15.00 promo code "HARDOCP112C" = $54.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 1/19/11

Ordered 2 of them.

Alright guys, I've done it:

1. Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
2. ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
3. XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
4. CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
5. Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
6. G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ
7. SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
8. Logitech 920-000922 Black USB Cordless Compact Desktop S520
9. Asus ML238H 23" Full HD Swivel and Tilt adjustable LED Backlight LCD Monitor Slim Design
10. ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
11. D-Link DIR-655 802.11b/g/n Xtreme N Gigabit Wireless Broadband Router up to 300Mbps/ USB port x1/ Intelligent QoS Technology for Gaming
12. TP-LINK TL-WN722N USB 2.0 High Gain Wireless Adapter
13. COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Think I got everything I need? :D

Zzoram

mclaren777 said:
This will be my rig for the next eight years (with a GPU upgrade four years in)...

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
MB: ASUS P8P67
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws (2x4GB)
GPU: MSI GTX 460
SSD: Corsair P3 64GB?
HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
PSU: Corsair 650W

8 years? That's crazy but may work. The i7-2600K has 8 threads and unlocked multiplier right? Get a ridiculously awesome aftermarket cooler and crank that CPU to 4.2+GHz when you get the GPU upgrade (not before since overclocking causes CPUs to wear out faster) if you're serious about this.

As for GPU, why did you get a GTX460 with the intention of upgrading in 4 years? If you want your GPU to last 4 years you should be getting a GTX570 or HD6950/6970.

My E8400+HD4870 PC will last me about 3.5 years because I'm planning to gut it and only keep the Antec 900 case in Spring 2012. I intend to get whatever the $300ish new Intel CPU i7-2600K replacement will be at the time plus whatever the $300ish best new GPU is at the time.

Wallach

ph33nix said:

3. XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
4. CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
5. Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
6. G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ
7. SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
9. Asus ML238H 23" Full HD Swivel and Tilt adjustable LED Backlight LCD Monitor Slim Design
11. D-Link DIR-655 802.11b/g/n Xtreme N Gigabit Wireless Broadband Router up to 300Mbps/ USB port x1/ Intelligent QoS Technology for Gaming
13. COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Looks pretty solid to me. If it's Newegg make sure to use that code posted above for an extra $15 off the F3.

Edit - Should point out that the 6950 is going to be a tight fit in the Antec 300, but it will fit.

matmanx1

ph33nix said:

Looks very good. That will be a nice system. I just built a similar system for a friend in the Antec 300 and while cable management is a challenge in that case it's still a killer product for $59.99. Enjoy it!

mclaren777

Zzoram said:
8 years? That's crazy but may work. The i7-2600K has 8 threads and unlocked multiplier right? Get a ridiculously awesome aftermarket cooler and crank that CPU to 4.2+GHz when you get the GPU upgrade (not before since overclocking causes CPUs to wear out faster) if you're serious about this.

As for GPU, why did you get a GTX460 with the intention of upgrading in 4 years? If you want your GPU to last 4 years you should be getting a GTX570.
I will be ordering a Hyper 212+ cooler tomorrow for the CPU and I was planning to bump up to 4.0GHz at the "mid-season" refresh. And I don't often play the latest/greatest PC games. This rig will primarily be used for rFactor 2 and Black & White 2 (games I play) and Civ4/Civ5 (games my wife plays) so I'm guessing a GTX 460 will suit our needs just fine.

This computer will mainly serve as my image/video editing station as Lightroom and Sony Vegas are the most hardware intensive programs I currently run.

Vlodril said:

Why not just use your warranty? I bought my 5850 a few months after release and it's still under manufacturer's warranty.

Zzoram

mclaren777 said:
I will be ordering a Hyper 212+ cooler tomorrow for the CPU and I was planning to bump up to 4.0GHz at the "mid-season" refresh. And I don't often play the latest/greatest PC games. This rig will primarily be used for rFactor 2 and Black & White 2 (games I play) and Civ4/Civ5 (games my wife plays) so I'm guessing a GTX 460 will suit our needs just fine.

This computer will mainly serve as my image/video editing station as Lightroom and Sony Vegas are the most hardware intensive programs I currently run.

You should play multiplatform games on your PC. Use a PS2-clone PC controller if you prefer, but enjoy the superior graphics and performance a GTX460 offers over a PS3.

JoeBoy101

ph33nix said:

I only ask to be sure, thermal paste and OS?

On a side note, the fucking UPS guy needs to get here. He delivered at 11AM yesterday and now I'm at 1PM and my lunch can't last forever. Hurrrr.

mclaren777

Zzoram said:
You should play multiplatform games on your PC. Use a PS2-clone PC controller if you prefer, but enjoy the superior graphics and performance a GTX460 offers over a PS3.
60" HDTV + couch > 24" monitor + chair

I'm guessing you see if differently but that's my personal preference. Besides, I don't play very many games on my PS3 that are also available for PC.

JoeBoy101

Wallach said:
The Hyper212+ comes with a syringe of nice thermal grease. Hopefully he didn't blank out on the OS (Windows 7 or bust).

Didn't know that, but picked up some extra myself. Oh well, gotta some extra grease for later then.

mclaren777 said:
60" HDTV + couch > 24" monitor + chair

I'm guessing you see if differently but that's my personal preference. Besides, I don't play very many games on my PS3 that are also available for PC.

You know that's a monitor too, as well, right? :D

jiien

JoeBoy101 said:
I only ask to be sure, thermal paste and OS?

On a side note, the fucking UPS guy needs to get here. He delivered at 11AM yesterday and now I'm at 1PM and my lunch can't last forever. Hurrrr.

I took a half day. No way I was going to leave a grand worth of computer parts by my front door, no matter how much I like my neighbors.

Wallach said:
The Hyper212+ comes with a syringe of nice thermal grease. Hopefully he didn't blank out on the OS (Windows 7 or bust).

While we're at it, I've never had a direct heat pipe cooler before. I read that the proper way to apply TIM is to put a small dab on each of the heat pipes. Is this right?

Sandy Bridge, USB 3.0 and lower cost SSD's are giving me the new PC fever bad. My rig is pretty out of date but I barley game on it anymore and my PS3 is my main media center. I am thinking that maybe I would game on it a bit more if I could handle modern games with the higher settings. The main reason I buy new games on PS3 is because my old rig can seldom produce better graphics.

I also see myself getting a tablet in the next year so video transcoding could be a big part of my PC usage and the new i7 2600K slays in the transcoding.

I figure I could stay below $1000 by getting a $200-$250 GPU instead of going $350+

TheExodu5

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
I don't think it's so farfetched. CPU an GPU speeds had outclassed their needs by an enormous amount. A 4 year old Q6600, overclocked, with a new GPU this year would still be a very fast computer today.

Surreal

Hey guys, two questions!

1. Would something like the Hyper 212+ be useful if you were just planning on running the processor stock? This computer would be used for heavy video editing and 3d modeling.

2. Do Sandy Bridge mobos have USB3? I've read a lot of different things.

Emitan

Surreal said:
Hey guys, two questions!

1. Would something like the Hyper 212+ be useful if you were just planning on running the processor stock? This computer would be used for heavy video editing and 3d modeling.

2. Do Sandy Bridge mobos have USB3? I've read a lot of different things.
I believe all of the ASUS ones have it. They've been the only ones I'm looking it. I think at this point any mobo coming out in the future will have USB 3.0 unless it's a really budget mobo.

mclaren777

Surreal said:
Would something like the Hyper 212+ be useful if you were just planning on running the processor stock? This computer would be used for heavy video editing and 3d modeling.
Temperature is the mortal enemy of a CPU so additional cooling will likely extend its eventual lifespan.

If, like me, you're planning to keep that chip for a long time, I'd recommend investing in a nice heatsink like the 212+.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i just realized that i prematurely blew my wad right before the xmas holiday by splurging on several SATA2 SSDs which, now that i'm on SATA3, are a bit limiting. sigh.

Surreal: USB3 is not an official spec of the P67/H67 boards, but most seem to be including it using third-party chips, even Intel-made boards.

btw, could some share their temps with the Hyper 212+ and the new SB chips? i have a feeling i either didn't seat it properly, or didn't spread the TIM correctly.

Wallach

jiien said:
While we're at it, I've never had a direct heat pipe cooler before. I read that the proper way to apply TIM is to put a small dab on each of the heat pipes. Is this right?

I actually apply small lines of thermal grease to the spaces between each pipe, like this:

HDT_TIM_Application_Two_Lines.jpg

With the Hyper212+ it was three lines instead of two. You can see in the image this guy pre-filled the gaps with thermal grease but it isn't necessary, excess should spread into there naturally.

jiien

Wallach said:
I actually apply small lines of thermal grease to the spaces between each pipe, like this:

pic

With the Hyper212+ it was three lines instead of two. You can see in the image this guy pre-filled the gaps with thermal grease but it isn't necessary, excess should spread into there naturally.

Awesome, thanks!

InertiaXr

I just received the rest of my parts and have started putting it all together. Pretty much instantly however, I've hit a snag. My P8P67 mobo has some kind of screw I've never seen before that I need to take off to drop my CPU in, and I received no tool to get this out. Hopefully I'm just missing something here, as it's unfathomable to me that Asus wouldn't provide a screwdriver to get this seemingly proprietary shitty screw out.

Sorry Asus, just read your manual and had to slide the bar out then move it back and it slipped past the screw....embarrassing myself already :lol

Ok, did a quick re-format of the case suggestions since the original post has too much height and the current OP section is a bit off.

$40-60
34ja9sz.png
$70-$100
34ja9sz.png
$120-$200
2zjjd5c.jpg
$40 - Cooler Master 310/33x/341 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
2igjdkn.jpg
$80 - Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced ,,,,,,,
259lhlz.jpg
$160 - Corsair 600T​
fc7j1l.jpg
$40 - NZXT Beta Evo ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
2mw9miu.jpg
$90 - Cooler Master HAF 922 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
e00bdc.jpg
$160 - SilverStone RV02​
2gy20kj.jpg
$50 - Antec 300 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
rhr9r4.jpg
$100 - Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
sws574.jpg
$200 - Cooler Master HAF X​
dv51i.jpg
$60 - Cooler Master HAF 912 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
x3g952.jpg
$100 - Antec 902/900 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
2hrmx3d.jpg
$ N/A - Various Lian Li
[QUIET OPTIONS]
s6pzxy.jpg
$60 - Antec Sonata Proto ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
29bhl3d.jpg
$100 - Fractal Design Define R3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
nb3ww1.jpg
$160 - Antec P183​

Wallach

InertiaXr said:
I just received the rest of my parts and have started putting it all together. Pretty much instantly however, I've hit a snag. My P8P67 mobo has some kind of screw I've never seen before that I need to take off to drop my CPU in, and I received no tool to get this out. Hopefully I'm just missing something here, as it's unfathomable to me that Asus wouldn't provide a screwdriver to get this seemingly proprietary shitty screw out.

If it's the screw I'm thinking of, it should stay. Just push the small metal lever on the side of the socket down around the lip, then flip it over.

Celcius

°Temp. member
When we got verizon fios, it came with a free wireless router; the wireless net connection is great for gaming on my ps3, but now I'd also like to connect my pc to the wireless network (I'm in a different room). Which would be best, an internal card or an external router? Any suggestions on a particular model?

thanks

JoeBoy101

InertiaXr said:

Sorry Asus, just read your manual and had to slide the bar out then move it back and it slipped past the screw....embarrassing myself already :lol

Stop. Read the Asus manual fully for the assembly portion and then go hit a PC assembly video done in the past year. After that, come back and finish. If you've done all this and are just nervous, just relax and take it slow and methodically.

mclaren777 said:
Thanks for the case info, feist. You're the reason I purchased a HAF 912. :D
TheExodu5 has been a big proponent of that case, too. Glad all of us in here could help you out with that build.

celcius said:
When we got verizon fios, it came with a free wireless router; the wireless net connection is great for gaming on my ps3, but now I'd also like to connect my pc to the wireless network (I'm in a different room). Which would be best, an internal card or an external router? Any suggestions on a particular model?

thanks
An external add on receiver? Between the different options, the PCI types are usually better than the USB ones.

TheExodu5 said:
Try to find the log first. It should indicate what is causing the issue.

Anyways, picked up the fans for my Thermalright Venomous X today, as well as some Arctic MX-4 thermal paste.

I was trying to find Scythe 800RPM fans, but they were out of stock. I saw Thermalright 800RPM fans, so I decided to compare. The 1600RPM fan specs from Thermalright matched exactly those from the Scythe's, so I guess they must be the exact same fans. The Thermalright fans are just $3 cheaper, and have a nicer label. Sweet. :D

Might not have time to install the cooler tonight...but either way I'll take pics when it's done. I'm also going to bring back my Scythe Kaze Master Ace fan controller, since I don't like the colors. I'm getting this one, which will match the HAF X very nicely:

i8458_LamptronFC603dhfx57.jpg

(can be set to one of 6 colors)

I'm having issues with this fan controller, I can only get it to work when it's out of the case (antec 1200) and at an angle. I can't explain it. it works, I plug in a fan, it works but I can 't adjust the speed qwhen i put it back into the case. should I RMA?

JoeBoy101

Alright PC-GAF, people are getting all their new machines in and are in the heat of assembly. I just want to mention three things:

1) Just Cause 2: An open world destruction romp with a laughable plot, this game shines with over-the-top gameplay with some gorgeous graphics to really show off some of the new features on those shiny GPUs. Water especially.

2) Mafia II: Criminally underappreciated, this game is only flawed by not having enough side gameplay to take advantage of the meticulously detailed city and world created for you. An impressive plot that puts GTA IV to shame, a city with far more character that Liberty, and fantastic graphics and texture work, only hampered by limitations for scaling upwards. Oh, it also has collectible Playboy Playmate pinups in game. Titties!

3) I got a free code for each.

Post your beast's specs and a picture or two of it (no more than two!) and specify which one you want (can't have both). First two posts that meet this criteria gets them.

Wallach

JoeBoy101 said:
Alright PC-GAF, people are getting all their new machines in and are in the heat of assembly. I just want to mention three things:

1) Just Cause 2: An open world destruction romp with a laughable plot, this game shines with over-the-top gameplay with some gorgeous graphics to really show off some of the new features on those shiny GPUs. Water especially.

2) Mafia II: Criminally underappreciated, this game is only flawed by not having enough side gameplay to take advantage of the meticulously detailed city and world created for you. An impressive plot that puts GTA IV to shame, a city with far more character that Liberty, and fantastic graphics and texture work, only hampered by limitations for scaling upwards. Oh, it also has collectible Playboy Playmate pinups in game. Titties!

Post your beast's specs and a picture or two of it (no more than two!) and specify which one you want (can't have both). First two posts that meet this criteria gets them.

My recent move:

j9dOP.jpg

Specs:

Intel i5-750 @ 3.6Ghz (edit - CoolerMaster Hyper212+ HSF)
VisionTek 5850 @ 825/1050
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
Antec TruePower New 650w PSU
WD 7200 RPM 640GB HDD
Memorex LightScribe 20x DVD burner
Corsair 690 II Advanced case (seen above)

Edit - You know what, I think I have too much shit to play at the moment anyhow. Pass it on to one of our new builders!

TheKurgan

Okay my build is almost final - will probably order tonight once NCIX's sale goes live. I know there are a lot of these being posted but pick it apart please :D

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB $79.99
Samsung BX2431 24IN Widescreen LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 2MS $239.99
XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 $299.99
NCIX Gaming $379.99
1 x Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB
1 x ASUS P8P67 Pro ATX P67 LGA1155 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 USB3.0 Sound GBLAN
Samsung SH-S243D/BEBE 24X Black DVD $20.99
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT $99.99
Corsair TX750W 750W ATX 12V 60A 24PIN ATX $109.99
Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case $99.99
Corsair XMS CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 $95.99
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink $29.99

YOUR TOTAL $1,456.90

Couple of questions:
- can anyone recommend me some 120mm case fans?
- is a 6950 overkill for a 1080p setup (I can get the 6870 for about $80 cheaper)?

JoeBoy101

Wallach said:
My recent move:
Spec:

Intel i5-750 @ 3.6Ghz (edit - CoolerMaster Hyper212+ HSF)
VisionTek 5850 @ 825/1050
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
WD 7200 RPM 640GB HDD
Memorex LightScribe 20x DVD burner
Corsair 690 II Advanced case (seen above)

I'd love a copy of Just Cause 2!

No GPU listed. Too bad.

Kidding. PM inbound.

EDIT: Wallach has graciously passed up on the JC2 code, so its back up for grabs.

Shambles

JoeBoy101 said:

Atta boy joe! :D I haven't spent a lot of time with Just Cause 2 yet but i've had a blast with the grappling hook mechanics. Definitely some good silly fun over a B grade storyline.

Solo

TheKurgan said:
Okay my build is almost final - will probably order tonight once NCIX's sale goes live. I know there are a lot of these being posted but pick it apart please :D

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB $79.99
Samsung BX2431 24IN Widescreen LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 2MS $239.99
XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 $299.99
NCIX Gaming $379.99
1 x Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB
1 x ASUS P8P67 Pro ATX P67 LGA1155 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 USB3.0 Sound GBLAN
Samsung SH-S243D/BEBE 24X Black DVD $20.99
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT $99.99
Corsair TX750W 750W ATX 12V 60A 24PIN ATX $109.99
Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case $99.99
Corsair XMS CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 $95.99
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink $29.99

YOUR TOTAL $1,456.90

Couple of questions:
- can anyone recommend me some 120mm case fans?
- is a 6950 overkill for a 1080p setup (I can get the 6870 for about $80 cheaper)?

Very similar to my build, just with a 6950 instead of a 570, a 750W PSU instead of a 650W PSU, and a different case.

Looks great to me!

iNvid02

JoeBoy101 said:

Delivery guy sucks, but specs i have

coolermaster haf-x
i7 2600k
asus p8p67 pro
gskill ripjawsX 8gb ram 1333mhz
noctua dh14 heatsink
coolermaster mega flow 200m fan
Scythe S-FLEX 80mm Fan
evga gtx 570
corsair hx1000 psu
NZXT Sentry Lx Fan Controller
western digital 2tb caviar black 6gb sata