• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder of why Mark Cerny believes a Pro is needed and why comparing to PC builds is disingenuous

This has to be the stupidest take I have ever read. So Sony just conjured up the Pro out of thin air?
It is investment in the tech that can later be advanced on the PS6. Except PS6 would likely be sold at a loss, while PS5Pro wouldn't be. One has to know the difference between wants and needs. You can want something without needing them.

It is investment in the tech that can later be advanced on the PS6. Except PS6 would likely be sold at a loss, while PS5Pro wouldn't be. One has to know the difference between wants and needs. You can want something without needing them.

You guys are trying too hard, but thanks for the laughs, bro!

Leviathicus

Fanboys trying so hard to convince themselves it's actually a really worthwhile investment and not an extremely overpriced pos by a company clearly taking advantage of their goodwill.

Cinco cosas que NVIDIA tiene que mejorar en Linux - MuyLinux

I mean, I don't know why Cerny is surprised the developer investment in ray tracing is reaching the point where games no longer offer traditional raster rendering modes at all. Both Black Myth Wukong and Star Wars Outlaws only have ray tracing for the lighting, you cannot disable it. The reality is that all the tradtional raster techniques require a lot of work to look good, I have little doubt devs want to get rid of all that extra work as soon as possible. This is going to become much more common going forward, there's no point in offering a raster pipeline when all the major consoles are going to be supporting ray tracing going forward after the release of Switch 2

It's up to AMD to stop being flaming dogshit at ray tracing and upscaling to catch up with what Nvidia has been doing for the better part of a decade, because even Sony are fed up with AMD's dogshit GPU hardware and implemented their own AI/ML upscaler in the Pro with PSSR instead of letting the image quality be a dumpster fire with FSR upscaling on PS5 titles

Last edited:

violence

Just imagine 30 FPS fidelity mode on a PS5 pro. They’ll be able to fit so many more bells and whistles. I bet the devs can’t wait.

@gkTH

Cerny literally convinces me to buy a PS5 Pro despite my PS5 covid edition is still sitting in dust.
The PS5 has no game! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom