• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2011 Thread of reading the OP. Seriously. [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewydogg

So this SSD install has become a nightmare. I did a fresh OS install, but it was like starting with a brand new computer. So I formated the SSD and decided to start over and use this guide to move Win7 to the SSD. I made a back up of my C: drive using Easeuse Partition Master on a second HDD. Then I proceded to delete files from my C: drive to get it below 80 gb. Well I was never able to get my C: drive small enough to fit onto my SSD. I deleted everything that my computer would let me, including photos, documents, games, music, program files, etc. But I could still only get about 6 gb away from being small enough. And now when I try to restore my data from my back up drive, Win7 tells me that no such back up exists. Yet there is 300gb worth of data on my back up drive...
Easeuse Partition Master is no help either, there is no way to get my data off my back up drive that I can find. I gave up around 2am last night and now I'm off to work. I'm starting to panic. So when I get home today I'm going see what I can do...

knitoe

When I downloaded the chipset files, there are exe files. Asussetup.exe I tried to run it and it says my computer contains a newer version of the file.

That means you already have newer chipset drivers installed. With chipset drivers, it's usually better to get them directly from Intel or AMD website.

Kind of a silly question, but I have 2 4gb sticks of ram and 2 2gb sticks of ram. Should I use all 4 for 12gb of ram or should I just use the 2 4gb sticks for 8? Not sure if just having 8 is more efficient than having 12 since the 4s are paired the 2s are paired.

Yes. You can run them and have 12GB total. just make sure they are running the same memory timings, speed and voltage. If they are different, use the slower / conservative settings.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Been unassembling everything this morning.

To further elaborate - I ran prime95... when it started running, it showed Core 3 as having a hardware error and not running. I was like "huh" as I opened up the info to read more about what it was reporting, I got the large pop and everything went dead. Not sure if it was a bad CPU that had a short or what, but the mobo is DOA. Anyone heard of anything like that?

Fortunately those are the two pieces I got from Microcenter, so I'll head down there this weekend to swap them both. Now let's just hope it didn't take the GPU with it, i guess.

So I installed my order
]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/412/13016606.jpg

And I used my Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive, SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive, HIS IceQ X Turbo H695QNT2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Is it possible to have these drives in ahci mode? I had to reformat my barracuda since I couldn't launch. Also it says everytime I boot up CPU FAN ERROR!

Figured out the cpu fan error. After looking around online about ahci I am kind of assuming my hdds wont run in ahci, is this correct?

mkenyon

Banned
Too bad it's expensive as heck and costs more than most graphics cards...

Also, which case fans are known to be quiet, but push a lotta air?
For some folks it's worth it. When you end up dropping $600+ on custom sleeving, watercooling parts, and custom fans, $400 on a case isn't unreasonable. This is when building is a hobby rather than just playing games on a functional rig. Though, I haven't bought it either yet I'm one of those guys.

Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Noctua, Yate Loons, Thermaltake X-Silent. Also, larger diameter fans do well pushing high CFM with low Db's.
i noticed there's no fan on the heatsink.
is it because its more efficient to use the case fans to blow hot air out?
probably a bit more silent right?
Bottom mounted PSU's have the fans pointed down generally. This way, it pulls fresh air from below and pushes it out the back, preventing any hot air from the PSU getting into the case.
Your Current Specs: AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-Core 2.30 GHz / GB DDR2 RAM / Motherboard / GeForce 9800 GT
Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Diablo 3

I'm not looking to buy a totally new rig but I am curious where I would get the best bang for my buck when Diablo 3 is released. I've been playing the beta and while I can it at 1680x1050 with little problem, it gets all stuttery when things are getting crazy on the screen (lots of lightning and things exploding, etc).

Should I be looking at a new GPU? SSD going to do anything for me? Or am I far enough behind that I'd need to do a little more? Thanks for the help!
Unfortunately, that CPU is a pretty significant bottleneck. You won't get a lot more performance out of a GPU, and the gains will entirely be based on the game and whether or not it's CPU or GPU dependent. I'm unsure as to which D3 is.
Been unassembling everything this morning.

To further elaborate - I ran prime95... when it started running, it showed Core 3 as having a hardware error and not running. I was like "huh" as I opened up the info to read more about what it was reporting, I got the large pop and everything went dead. Not sure if it was a bad CPU that had a short or what, but the mobo is DOA. Anyone heard of anything like that?

Fortunately those are the two pieces I got from Microcenter, so I'll head down there this weekend to swap them both. Now let's just hope it didn't take the GPU with it, i guess.
Pops are almost always capacitors blowing. Inspect all the little cylindrical thingies to see if anything looks charred or has smoke damage. The only way to narrow down which piece blew is to find the capacitor or troubleshoot by trying different parts in a working rig.

Smokey

At microcenter looking at the haf x...meh

One it is fucking huge wtf. Two it looks sort of cheap especially compared to the silverstone ft02 I have. Lots of plastic...but fuck if it wouldn't keep my system cool. Dem fans lol

mkenyon

Banned

One it is ducking huge wtf. Two it looks sort of cheap especially compared to the silverstone ft02 I have. Lots of plastic...
Yep, not a fan of the aesthetics at all. You get a chance to check out the Elysium? Bit classier looking.

Smokey

Yep, not a fan of the aesthetics at all. You get a chance to check out the Elysium? Bit classier looking.
Negative. They do have the white corsair 600t on demo. Has two ASUS DCII 570s in it with corsair h80 cooler. The ASUS' is triple slot and they got all that in here. Pretty damn close to my setup, and it looks good.

Well, despite negative reviews about AMD FX series I picked up 6100 with a MSI mobo that has OC Genie. I used Genie to OC. I got a nice memory overclock, performance is nice. The issue I'm having now, the processor only got a 400Mhz increase and I know it can hit 4.5Ghz, but when I restart and press del after post, it want go into the BIOS, Windows just boots up? Do I have to clear cmos or is there something I'm missing?

mkenyon

Banned
Negative. They do have the white corsair 600t on demo. Has two ASUS DCII 570s in it with corsair h80 cooler. The ASUS' is triple slot and they got all that in here. Pretty damn close to my setup, and it looks good.
If you get one, I'd really suggest the SE just because of the mesh panel. Your lightings will very much appreciate a side panel fan to help get cool air to them.
Well, despite negative reviews about AMD FX series I picked up 6100 with a MSI mobo that has OC Genie. I used Genie to OC. I got a nice memory overclock, performance is nice. The issue I'm having now, the processor only got a 400Mhz increase and I know it can hit 4.5Ghz, but when I restart and press del after post, it want go into the BIOS, Windows just boots up? Do I have to clear cmos or is there something I'm missing?
Read your mobo manual, it'll tell you how to get into BIOS.

Smokey

If you get one, I'd really suggest the SE just because of the mesh panel. Your lightings will very much appreciate a side panel fan to help get cool air to them.

It was the SE. Specs say user-swappable side panel window or mesh insert. Looks better in person than it does in pictures. May pick it up sometime this weekend.

Quick question about video card temperature. I just installed the 560ti and I only have the stock fans in it and a small fan at the back of the case. How hot should it be on average and when should i be worried? When i play rage or skyrim on full settings it hovers around 60degrees C but when i play dead island it goes up to 75 degrees celcius. I am guessing this is because rage and skyrim are locked at 60fps while dead island goes up to 140ish fps

Read your mobo manual, it'll tell you how to get into BIOS.

I did, but there's no mention of another option for entering the bios after the OC Genie has been enabled. Clearing the CMOS is something I'm trying to avoid, I guess I can document the memory overclock and timings.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pops are almost always capacitors blowing. Inspect all the little cylindrical thingies to see if anything looks charred or has smoke damage. The only way to narrow down which piece blew is to find the capacitor or troubleshoot by trying different parts in a working rig.

Yeah - no chance it's the power supply right (Seasonic X650 gold)? I mean, Prime95 reporting a hardware error on core 3 immediately followed by the pop almost has to be the CPU/mobo.

I couldn't spot any damaged capacitors or anything that smelled off, maybe something faint by the CPU slot, but nothing conclusive.

I'm going to try to swap those two out at Microcenter and then hopefully rebuild.

gatti-man

One it is fucking huge wtf. Two it looks sort of cheap especially compared to the silverstone ft02 I have. Lots of plastic...but fuck if it wouldn't keep my system cool. Dem fans lol

No one but geek dudes are impressed by pc cases. Get the case that does the best job (haf X owner).

mkenyon

Banned
I did, but there's no mention of another option for entering the bios after the OC Genie has been enabled. Clearing the CMOS is something I'm trying to avoid, I guess I can document the memory overclock and timings.
Disable OC Genie and OC yourself if you want more out of it. Clearing CMOS might be required, and really isn't too much of a hassle. You're talking about 1 minute of switching options again.
Quick question about video card temperature. I just installed the 560ti and I only have the stock fans in it and a small fan at the back of the case. How hot should it be on average and when should i be worried? When i play rage or skyrim on full settings it hovers around 60degrees C but when i play dead island it goes up to 75 degrees celcius. I am guessing this is because rage and skyrim are locked at 60fps while dead island goes up to 140ish fps
75C is totally fine. Vsync can totally screw up GPU usage and therefore reduce temps.

Smokey

No one but geek dudes are impressed by pc cases. Get the case that does the best job (haf X owner).

I could see how it does a great job. It's huge and fans galore. At the same time there's nothing wrong with wanting a nice looking case. What is your setup and temps?

Disable OC Genie and OC yourself if you want more out of it. Clearing CMOS might be required, and really isn't too much of a hassle. You're talking about 1 minute of switching options again.

75C is totally fine. Vsync can totally screw up GPU usage and therefore reduce temps.

Alright cool, my case was still open and i felt the gpu after shutting down and it was quite hot, just wanted to make sure no damage was being done.

I'm not a fan of the looks but the Haf X is an amazing case. I'm very happy with mine. I like having the US3.0, 2.0 and e-sata on the front panel. The case is quite roomy meaning everything will fit.

You can max out fans but I don't see a reason to. The stock setup keeps everything nice n cool.

I might redo the fans since I have a long hair cat that sheds a lot. Even then, the filters are doing a great job of keep everything out.

I came from a Thermaltake Kandalf which sucks in comparison, then again that was a 2007 case.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So is a Geforce 560 ti a reasonable upgrade from a Radeon 4890?

Gearing up to play Witcher 2 finally, and am pretty disappointed in my performance with the 4890 unless I run at a low resolution with lots of effects turned off. Looking to spend no more than $200-250 on a new card.

Current specs:

i7 920 processor(vanilla clock speed)
9gb RAM
Radeon 4890

gokieks

The idea is not so much that you want a case that impress people, rather that you want one that doesn't look like an eyesore if you put it in a place classier than, say, a dorm room. Which the vast majority of cases, especially the "gaming" ones, do.

There are plenty of good classy looking cases that does a very good job of cooling and still look good. Sure, they generally cost a little more, but a case is something you can use across multiple builds for a long time, so it's a worthwhile cost IMO.

Smokey

Mkenyon what do you think is better? Corsair 600t SE or 500r?

I'm not a fan of the looks but the Haf X is an amazing case. I'm very happy with mine. I like having the US3.0, 2.0 and e-sata on the front panel. The case is quite roomy meaning everything will fit.

You can max out fans but I don't see a reason to. The stock setup keeps everything nice n cool.

I might redo the fans since I have a long hair cat that sheds a lot. Even then, the filters are doing a great job of keep everything out.

I came from a Thermaltake Kandalf which sucks in comparison, then again that was a 2007 case.

I'll give it a second go around and just stare at it and see if it will grow on me lol.

gatti-man

I could see how it does a great job. It's huge and fans galore. At the same time there's nothing wrong with wanting a nice looking case. What is your setup and temps?

I have dual 480s and a 3.8ghz oc'd i7 using a corsair h60. i have the radiator attached to one of the top fans in a push pull config. 8ghz ram, x-25 ssd and sound card amp for sennhieser headphones. case stays room temp always. i havent measured my temps in atleast 10 months. I only had one issue. My top gpu died a month after install. After replacement everything is rock solid.

I was joking about the nerd guy thing.

TheExodu5

Banned

It's really a shame that FT02 has issues with the GTX 580 Lightning...awesome case otherwise.

And yeah, the HAF X is stupidly huge. I'll be upgrading to a high end mid-tower once something comes out that's to my liking.

If Silverstone would update their FT01, I'd be tempted to get that. I was looking at Lian-Li initially, but their cases as of late are ugly as sin.

gatti-man

The idea is not so much that you want a case that impress people, rather that you want one that doesn't look like an eyesore if you put it in a place classier than, say, a dorm room. Which the vast majority of cases, especially the "gaming" ones, do.

There are plenty of good classy looking cases that does a very good job of cooling and still look good. Sure, they generally cost a little more, but a case is something you can use across multiple builds for a long time, so it's a worthwhile cost IMO.

The haf X isnt that ugly and it is the easiest case to use ive ever had. For an extreme build like what smokey wants id recommend as much flow as possible.

Yeah, but if you can afford it, spring for the 560Ti 448 core.

This, exactly. I'm a grown ass man with a wife and I like my furniture and tech to look classy.
Show me a classy case with the utility and cooling power of the haf x....

mkenyon

Banned
So is a Geforce 560 ti a reasonable upgrade from a Radeon 4890?

Gearing up to play Witcher 2 finally, and am pretty disappointed in my performance with the 4890 unless I run at a low resolution with lots of effects turned off. Looking to spend no more than $200-250 on a new card.

Current specs:

i7 920 processor(vanilla clock speed)
9gb RAM
Radeon 4890
Yeah, but if you can afford it, spring for the 560Ti 448 core.
The idea is not so much that you want a case that impress people, rather that you want one that doesn't look like an eyesore if you put it in a place classier than, say, a dorm room. Which the vast majority of cases, especially the "gaming" ones, are.
This, exactly. I'm a grown ass man with a wife and I like my furniture and tech to look classy.

Sometimes my motherboard doesn't recognize my usb keyboard before windows loads up so I have to use an old keyboard to press del.

mkenyon

Banned
If Silverstone would update their FT01, I'd be tempted to get that. I was looking at Lian-Li initially, but their cases as of late are ugly as sin.
So true. The new Z and PC series are really boring. Would prefer a new X or V series.
The haf X isnt that ugly and it is the easiest case to use ive ever had. For an extreme build like what smokey wants id recommend as much flow as possible.

Air cooling wise? 600T SE is pretty close. Liquid cooling there are a ton of options. Beyond that, you don't really need the amount of air cooling the HAF X has. It's certainly overkill for single GPUs and even most dual GPUs. If you enjoy the aesthetics, more power to you. Totally subjective, and certainly not something that we can argue. I'll just say it's not for me.

If money is no concern, M8 puts it to shame.

54-650x666.jpg

gatti-man

So true. The new Z and PC series are really boring. Would prefer a new X or V series.

Air cooling wise? 600T SE is pretty close. Liquid cooling there are a ton of options. Beyond that, you don't really need the amount of air cooling the HAF X has. It's certainly overkill for single GPUs and even most dual GPUs. If you enjoy the aesthetics, more power to you. Totally subjective, and certainly not something that we can argue. I'll just say it's not for me.

54-650x666.jpg

Ok to me this case and the haf x are equally tacky. I actually considered this case too or a case like it.

Smokey may not need the haf x but for dual 480s i certainly do. my master bedroom is 600 sq feet with two cieling fans and 3 ac vents. During the summer the my setup can heat the whole room up in less than an hour :(

TheExodu5

Banned

54-650x666.jpg

This is the kind of design that I'm not liking at the moment. I find those dimensions very unattractive.

I think the FT01 is my favorite looking case at the moment:

Case_Silverstone_Fortress02_Full.jpg

(with or without a window)

The Arc Midi is probably my runner up. Of course, functionally, I like the Arc Midi a lot more. If I could get the Arc Midi in full aluminum construction with a bigger CPU cutout, I think I would jump on it right away. I'd pay up to $400 for that case.

Ok to me this case and the haf x are equally tacky. I actually considered this case too or a case like it.

Smokey may not need the haf x but for dual 480s i certainly do. my master bedroom is 600 sq feet with two cieling fans and 3 ac vents. During the summer the my setup can heat the whole room up in less than an hour :(

You'd be surprised. I could lower my fans from 800RPM to 400RPM in my HAF X and the temps on my GTX 570 SLI would not worsen, which indicated that even at half speed, airflow was more than sufficient. The HAF X is really equipped well enough to cool 3-4 video cards.

gokieks

Amen to that. I love my FT-01, especially for how much I paid for it ($100), but the design really is outdated in some ways. If they'd release a version with CPU/routing holes on the tray and maybe a little more space behind the tray, I'd buy another one.

And I've never really been a big fan of Lian-Li's cases outside of a few examples (V1000/2000 series, most notably). Always preferred Cooler Master's ATCS and later SilverStone's Temjin series to them.

I'd probably go for a Corsair Obsidian 800D or even 650D (though that's a little smaller). Or a SilverStone TJ11, but that costs more... a lot more.

I'll give it a second go around and just stare at it and see if it will grow on me lol.

The difference is at home, you'll be looking at the screen! and the low temp reading. It's not like anyone is putting up a full tower case on the desk to where it's visible all the time.

mkenyon

Banned
If those are reference cards, HAF X doesn't really affect them too much because of the blower design. You'd see the same temps. They're just really hot and crappy reference cards.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'd probably go for a Corsair Obsidian 800D or even 650D (though that's a little smaller). Or a SilverStone TJ11, but that costs more... a lot more.

With an SLI 580 setup, he may want to go with something that at least has the option for a side fan. Although my HAF X was overkill for my SLI GTX 570, the side fan actually did make a big difference in temps.

If those are reference cards, HAF X doesn't really affect them too much because of the blower design. You'd see the same temps. They're just really hot and crappy reference cards.

The side fan on my HAF X definitely lowers my fan speed by about 10% under load, which is pretty substantial (the difference in between 55% and 65% is pretty huge in terms of noise levels). Though, by that same standard, noise levels will be reduced with a closed side panel, so it might not really have a practical effect in the end.

Smokey

The difference is at home, you'll be looking at the screen! and the low temp reading. It's not like anyone is putting up a full tower case on the desk to where it's visible all the time.

My machine sits on my desk.

With an SLI 580 setup, he may want to go with something that at least has the option for a side fan. Although my HAF X was overkill for my SLI GTX 570, the side fan actually did make a big difference in temps.

Yep. And the 600t has the mesh insert for more fans. Really leaning towards it.

It's really a shame that FT02 has issues with the GTX 580 Lightning...awesome case otherwise.

And yeah, the HAF X is stupidly huge. I'll be upgrading to a high end mid-tower once something comes out that's to my liking.

Yeah :(. I love the case. Looking at the ones at MC really reinforced how nice and solid the FT02 is. I really gravitated towards the 600t. They managed to get 2 DCII 570s in there along with a Corsair H80 and it looked good. I like that the 600t is simple looking with rounded angles. The white looks good too.

Obviously I can still game with my setup, but I have to do so at stock or with only a small OC before things get warm. I didn't buy 2 GTX 580 Lightnings to play at or close to stock speeds.

What about the Corsair 500r?

mkenyon

Banned
The side fan on my HAF X definitely lowers my fan speed by about 10% under load, which is pretty substantial (the difference in between 55% and 65% is pretty huge in terms of noise levels). Though, by that same standard, noise levels will be reduced with a closed side panel, so it might not really have a practical effect in the end.
Dont you have the DCuII coolers though? That's where the side panel fan can make a difference.
What about the Corsair 500r?
In some respects, its actually a better case than the 600T. Only main difference is 120mm fans in the front, and they're not too great. They put out more air than the 200mm in 600T but are substantially louder. Nothing a good fan controller can't fix though.

TheExodu5

Banned
Dont you have the DCuII coolers though? That's where the side panel fan can make a difference.

Nah, stock EVGA GTX 570. There were no third party coolers when I bought my cards.

Anyways...looking at cases some more. Maaaayyyyybe I'll spring for a Lian-Li PC-X500FX. That's about the only case that satisfies most my wants at this point. I'm just wondering how awkward the shape might be in terms of carrying it.

edit: nah, too much money considering the shortcomings.

So this SSD install has become a nightmare. I did a fresh OS install, but it was like starting with a brand new computer. So I formated the SSD and decided to start over and use this guide to move Win7 to the SSD. I made a back up of my C: drive using Easeuse Partition Master on a second HDD. Then I proceded to delete files from my C: drive to get it below 80 gb. Well I was never able to get my C: drive small enough to fit onto my SSD. I deleted everything that my computer would let me, including photos, documents, games, music, program files, etc. But I could still only get about 6 gb away from being small enough. And now when I try to restore my data from my back up drive, Win7 tells me that no such back up exists. Yet there is 300gb worth of data on my back up drive...
Easeuse Partition Master is no help either, there is no way to get my data off my back up drive that I can find. I gave up around 2am last night and now I'm off to work. I'm starting to panic. So when I get home today I'm going see what I can do...
What are you trying to keep on the SSD? It should primarily be the OS and commonly used programs that you'd like to keep there all the time (some keep a game or two but that depends on size).

Images, music, etc. should really be kept on an HDD. Honestly is there really that much installed on your old HDD that it can't be reinstalled again (which should be pretty fast on an SSD anyway?) It might be faster getting everything up and running "new" than driving yourself nuts trying to get it off the HDD.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What are you trying to keep on the SSD? It should primarily be the OS and commonly used programs that you'd like to keep there all the time (some keep a game or two but that depends on size).

Images, music, etc. should really be kept on an HDD. Honestly is there really that much installed on your old HDD that it can't be reinstalled again (which should be pretty fast on an SSD anyway?) It might be faster getting everything up and running "new" than driving yourself nuts trying to get it off the HDD.

Yep. Most of my programs including games are installed on my WD Black. Just have Windows, frequently used programs, and programs with long startup times on the SSD.

You're probably better off starting from scratch for that reason alone. Moving programs around trying to use existing installs is going to mean lots of messy registry edits. You'll spend more time trying to make everything work than you would just reinstalling everything from scratch.

You can also use ninite to install your basic programs automatically, but I don't think there is any way to choose where to install them.

Petrie

Banned
I ordered the following:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155

MSI H67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB)

To use with my GTX 460, what I'm hoping to get is some info on with this combo, what my easiest and best overclocking options will be. I have this aftermarket cooler:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XZM0HQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I'm unsure if it will be usable. I'm not super knowledgeable, so any help I can get with my overclocking would be most appreciated. I was able to overclock my 2.5 Intel to 3.3 on my P5Q Pro with a few days effort and some help online, but I'll basically be back to square one with this new build. Thanks so much in advance for any assistance given.

Also, I'd like to get a SSD for my new build at least for windows. Recommendations for the best value available right now?

So I just got my build up and running. I swicthed to this mobo:

MSI Intel Z68 (B3)

Everything is up and running, have to do a bit of testing to make sure. Basically, I'm just hoping for advice on what my next steps are. I built a PC once before, and years later overclocked it, but things seem to have changed quite a bit (for the better) but that leaves me unsure where to go next.

Otherwise, I'll keep waiting for a good price on an SSD, then really kick things into gear!

Smokey

Anandtech review of FT02

Interesting. I get better GPU temps at idle with my 2 Lightnings than they recorded with their Zotac. Likewise with the GPU temps at load. That Zotac is uses the "blower-style" exhaust outside of the case too. Same with their CPU tests.

gokieks

Anandtech review of FT02

Interesting. I get better GPU temps at idle with my 2 Lightnings than they recorded with their Zotac. Likewise with the GPU temps at load. That Zotac is uses the "blower-style" exhaust outside of the case too. Same with their CPU tests.

What's your room ambient temperature? Their temperatures are really only comparable to other numbers obtained in their environment (which they say have fairly consistent ambient temperatures).

mkenyon

Banned
Anandtech review of FT02

Yeah, but your temps should be way better. It's preventing you from OC'ing one of the most OC'able cards out there.

For comparison this review shows load temp as 59C.

I know you love your FT-02, but it's holding you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom