• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sony and Nintendo's timings clash for their new console reveals who will you watch LIVE?

PS5 Pro or Switch 2?

• Total voters

Hookshot

Gold Member
Let's say neither company wants to the give the other any breathing space and the both do their live shows at exactly the same time, would you watch the PS5 Pro reveal to see upgraded ports and better frame rates? Or the Switch 2 reveal to see upgraded ports and better frame rates?

Hrk69

Gold Member
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Fahdis

Neither.

One is a shell of its former self with a game or 2 of mass appeal every gen but has started its downfall with the woke agenda. You can bet there's a neo-pronoun non-binary polyamorous version of Astro in their building giving quickies under the table to anyone with colored hair. Herman is usually caught fapping to Aloy every chance he gets.

And the other is just anti consumer that are narcissistic control freaks gobbling up your money releasing the same IP for the past 30+ years to play it safe. Also, can't make an online infrastructure even with market lead. Archaic. Bet there's a Toad cosplayer at Nintendo HQ that gets their ass beat the living shit out of everyday in the office closet by the whole organization in Nintendo mascot costumes while some HR interns in Mario and Luigi hats who are twin brothers have incestuous makout sessions with Shuntaro.

Don't even get me started on the Green Rats.

I didn't buy a PS5, Xbox or a Switch. Both can kiss my ass.

Holammer

I don't have a dog in this fight and I haven't bought a Nintendo system since Gamecube, but I would still prefer to watch the Nintendo reveal.
The games are likely to be far more interesting than anything Sony would show and the PS hardware is just a refresh.

Zannegan

I mean, I'll watch both, but a new console is going to take precedence over a new iteration of an existing console. More potential for surprises.

Deerock71

Neither.

One is a shell of its former self with a game or 2 of mass appeal every gen but has started its downfall with the woke agenda. You can bet there's a neo-pronoun non-binary polyamorous version of Astro in their building giving quickies under the table to anyone with colored hair. Herman is usually caught fapping to Aloy every chance he gets.

And the other is just anti consumer that are narcissistic control freaks gobbling up your money releasing the same IP for the past 30+ years to play it safe. Also, can't make an online infrastructure even with market lead. Archaic. Bet there's a Toad cosplayer at Nintendo HQ that gets their ass beat the living shit out of everyday in the office closet by the whole organization in Nintendo mascot costumes while some HR interns in Mario and Luigi hats who are twin brothers have incestuous makout sessions with Shuntaro.

Don't even get me started on the Green Rats.

I didn't buy a PS5, Xbox or a Switch. Both can kiss my ass.
Equal opportunity offender!
Don Rickles Reaction GIF

REDRZA MWS

I’m done with Nintendo and their cheap, outdated ancient hardware before it even launches. Their games are great but I want to play them on much more current hardware. Til then hell nah. As a grown man I have zero use for underpowered portable hardware.

MrSec84

Switch 2 since it's a new Nintendo console, especially for the next 3D Mario game if that gets revealed.
I'll watch the PS5 Pro reveal soon after and I am hyped for it, especially if some new first party games get revealed, but new platform launch always trumps a new model for me.

Tg89

Switch 2.

Pro is just a juiced up PS5, it's a known quantity and at best we'll probably get some lame ass 3rd person prestige-game like usual.

Last edited:
I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Wii, I haven't loved a Nintendo console since the N64, and none of their core IPs appeal to me these days, so the Pro reveal. That being said, my main reason for watching it would be to see what new first party games Sony has lined up.

Kacho

Gold Member
I have no interest in owning a PS5 so I couldn’t care less about the mid gen refresh. I just want to eee the price for the potential LOLs.

fersnake

LOL guys please stop joking around both consoles or whatever console its the same as having an iphone 14 and buying an iphone 15 its the same freaking device with a little bit more power.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Obviously I'll watch the PS5 Pro one when I can to see what it's supposed to offer.
I ain't really interested in Switch 2 but it's probably the most important of the two.
Sony has had nothing since 2022 so I doubt they'll anything for the Pro other then the same games with upgrades you can't see in a YouTube video.

reinking

Gold Member
I have multiple screens and streams and I multitask like a Pro. I'm not missing the high points of either and will deep dive after.

Tech Hiring GIF by Manfred

odhiex

I already have a PS5, so Switch 2.

Still excited for PS5 Pr tho, might snatch it one day when it has a good deal.

ZehDon

The PS5 Pro has no interest for me, either from a technical perspective or from a games perspective.

The Switch 2 has a lot of interest for me from a technical perspective, although I doubt they'll show off some games that appeal to me.

So, I'll check out the Switch 2, and wait for the DF PS5 Pro video.

Parazels

I'm going to buy Switch 2 (unfortunately, skipped Switch 1 for many reasons). So I'm very curious to see this console.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Even if I dispose the switch as a concept, I still feel that their presentation would reveal actual new games for the thing, instead of souped up versions of old games like mid gen refresher usually do.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Ps5 pro is going to be a repeat of the ps4 pro. My current games will play “a bit better” and the new games will be the same sort of evolution we got for the ps4 pro.

Switch 2 will help prop up our industry in 2025 and beyond. Great games, great BC support with switch 1, new approach to their online marketplace (fingers crossed),

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
The announcement that switch 2 won’t be back compat will cause the gaming world to curl up in a giant ball and nothing more will be heard that day.

Top Bottom