• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sony and Nintendo's timings clash for their new console reveals who will you watch LIVE?

PS5 Pro or Switch 2?

• Total voters

kevboard

Oh, will I watch the smallest jump between base and pro system ever... OR A BRAND NEW CONSOLE AND THE FIRST CONSOLE TO SUPPORT DLSS? WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF NEW NINTENDO GAMES GETTING TEASED OR OUTRIGHT SHOWN...

oh, I wonder...

yurinka

PS5 Pro is just an enhaced version of the console that will run the same games, with slightly more powerful hardware and some minor extra stuff, not a next gen one.

Pretty likely won't even have a dedicated event to announce it. Pretty likely just a PS Blog post with a few comparision videos, a hardware specs list, a few paragraphs explaining the new stuff, release date and price.

I'm interested on both announcements, but I think only Switch 2 will have a proper one. And I expect it for next year, probably February or March. PS5 Pro I think will be announced this month instead, pretty likely around the pre-TGS days.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I might just spend the time during each reveal sitting and staring at my 4090, while sporting a very, very powerful erection, OP.

Hudo

Nintendo tends to have the more interesting games. And I still don't know who and what the PS5 Pro is supposed to be for.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
It's always Nintendo, because the others 100% just show something stronger without any surprise/innovation.

onQ123

Probably Switch 2 because I know the least about it & I know that I will get plenty of back & forth about the PS5 Pro for the next few months on NeoGaf .

SweetTooth

Gold Member
PS5 Pro is an upgraded version of current device, I understand that the excitement around it won't be close announcing a new full fledged hardware.

If it was PS6 vs Switch 2 .. poll would look way different 😅

PeteBull

We know ps5pr0 launching this november, which means it has to be officially revealed this september, likely in few days.
For comparision switch2 or however else new ninny console gonna be named, will launch earliest spring 2025 so plenty time to reveal it, hell its very probable they will only reveal it next year to not reduce switch holiday sales.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Nintendo hype is just different. Couldn’t care less about ps5 pro. It’s gonna be a ps5 with AMD raytracing and upscaling. Yipee!

Mownoc

PS5 Pro is an upgraded version of a console we already have, and Switch 2 is a brand new console. You'd have to really hate Nintendo to prioritise the PS5 Pro reveal.

While I have no interest in buying either, Switch 2 should be more interesting in what new stuff it has to offer. I really don't think we're going to be seeing to much shocking stuff with the pro.

Hookshot

Gold Member
I'm not surprised to see the Switch 2 winning it will be a "new" generation for Nintendo despite it being behind the current stuff but I am surprised at the users who think it's going to have new gimmicks and be more than a better Switch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
New Nintendo system of course. No only its brand new system unlike Pro but also there is high possibility we get new game announcements like new game from Monolith Soft.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Switch 2 easy work.

Even they werent at the same time, I dont think im gonna watch teh PS5 Pro reveal live.
Might just be in the GAF thread and see what people are saying about it.

Robb

Gold Member
Switch 2, obviously.
Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

But I’ll happily watch both.

Woopah

PS5 Pro is just an enhaced version of the console that will run the same games, with slightly more powerful hardware and some minor extra stuff, not a next gen one.

Pretty likely won't even have a dedicated event to announce it. Pretty likely just a PS Blog post with a few comparision videos, a hardware specs list, a few paragraphs explaining the new stuff, release date and price.

I'm interested on both announcements, but I think only Switch 2 will have a proper one. And I expect it for next year, probably February or March. PS5 Pro I think will be announced this month instead, pretty likely around the pre-TGS days.
I'd love it if both got revealed this month so we could see lots of footage/games being shown at TGS. But I do think you might be right.

Sooner

Sony likely will just tweet the PS5 Pro. There really isn't a reason to have a showcase for it.

simpatico

How is it even a question? On one hand to get to play GoW Ragnarock and Spider-Man 2 at a different upscaler setting and the other is an entirely new console and ecosystem.

Ultimately I'll watch neither and get the gist of it through GAF and twitter. There's zero need to directly interface with any games media while those two exist.

Skelterz

Neither.

One is a shell of its former self with a game or 2 of mass appeal every gen but has started its downfall with the woke agenda. You can bet there's a neo-pronoun non-binary polyamorous version of Astro in their building giving quickies under the table to anyone with colored hair. Herman is usually caught fapping to Aloy every chance he gets.

And the other is just anti consumer that are narcissistic control freaks gobbling up your money releasing the same IP for the past 30+ years to play it safe. Also, can't make an online infrastructure even with market lead. Archaic. Bet there's a Toad cosplayer at Nintendo HQ that gets their ass beat the living shit out of everyday in the office closet by the whole organization in Nintendo mascot costumes while some HR interns in Mario and Luigi hats who are twin brothers have incestuous makout sessions with Shuntaro.

Don't even get me started on the Green Rats.

I didn't buy a PS5, Xbox or a Switch. Both can kiss my ass.
Edgelord.

The Saint

Nintendo because their console will not cost both arms and both legs unlike that PS5 bundle I bought. Fortunately, It will take me a while to get either of them, so it's fine. Got some serious debt I need to pay, so no new systems for me for a good long while.

Murdoch

Cerny presenting? That's a 'drop everything and draw a bath' situation. Might even light some candles and try to woo the wife into joining me. Hey, a guy's gotta take advantage of these rare tech events, right? Even if I'm rooting for Nintendo

Top Bottom