• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sony and Nintendo's timings clash for their new console reveals who will you watch LIVE?

PS5 Pro or Switch 2?

• Total voters

Alan Wake

I'll buy neither day one so I don't feel I have to watch it live at all. Switch 2 is obviously the more interesting one since PS5 Pro is only an upgrade of an existing platform, so I'll dive into the details of Nintendo's announcement when it's done.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Switch 2 of course. As much as I want a PS5 Pro, it's a PS5 with a bit more power. I'm not that excited for the reveal.

Hudo

C2-FN6wy-VQAEA6j-B.jpg

Last edited:
Can't vote, but would watch the ps5 stream. It is the only console that I own and Sony games are generally right up my alley. Especially helps that I liked GoT and the next first party game from Sony is probably that

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Why do people compare a mid gen upgrade that will play the same sparsely released games to the next gen platform? Sure Nintendo's system will be weaker, but it is new games that wouldn't be possible on their last one. PS5 Pro is just a better PS5 that most PS5 owners will skip and still play the same games. Those who care about the Pro just need to know the numbers, and mainly when to preorder.

yurinka

I'd love it if both got revealed this month so we could see lots of footage/games being shown at TGS. But I do think you might be right.
I think the most cool and optimal thing would be:
  1. Make a half an hour dedicated video to announce PS5 Pro with a Cerny tech talk to explain the new stuff and some comparision videos of already released games (not new ones to keep the attention on the console announcement)
  2. At the end of the show, PS blog post with all the details and these videos separatedly
  3. A week or two later, TGS State of Play showing the typical Asian focused stuff but also show a few 1st party upcoming games running on PS5 Pro (Until Dawn, Death Stranding 2, Marathon, Cory's new IP and if not really new games, My First Gran Turismo and Helldivers 2 introducing the new enemy faction)

Mithos

Gold Member
Switch 2 will only be interesting (for me) as a €199 portable or a Homeconsole on par with the rest of the century at the price Nintendo is going to ask for a Switch 2.

Last edited:

tkscz

The Switch successor. I don't see Sony doing what Nintendo did with their handheld upgrades and make games specifically for the upgraded version (GBC, DSi, N3DS all had games that couldn't run on the original model), so I don't really have interest in 'It'll run PS5 games better'.

The Switch successor has more intrigue on what we'll get. Size, battery life, controllers, dock, all these things can be different in a way that is more intriguing than graphical upgrade.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Why do people compare a mid gen upgrade that will play the same sparsely released games to the next gen platform? Sure Nintendo's system will be weaker, but it is new games that wouldn't be possible on their last one. PS5 Pro is just a better PS5 that most PS5 owners will skip and still play the same games. Those who care about the Pro just need to know the numbers, and mainly when to preorder.
It has everything to do with what games are gonna be there for the presentation.

If sony go crazy and show 2-3 new big projects to show off the console, the question of the topic immediately change in: "are you more interested in seeing 2-3 new games from nintendo or sony" the hardware doesn't count much because we know that s2 has to be a cheap tablet and pro is gonna be a cheap upgrade.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I'd probably have them both open and mute one at a time, they'd both have down parts and hype parts, worst case pause if both are getting hype and fall slightly behind realtime on one

Last edited:
Such a braindead poll. Of course everyone wants to see the brand new hardware of any company instead of the barely upgraded version of something that is already in the market.

Woopah

I think the most cool and optimal thing would be:
  1. Make a half an hour dedicated video to announce PS5 Pro with a Cerny tech talk to explain the new stuff and some comparision videos of already released games (not new ones to keep the attention on the console announcement)
  2. At the end of the show, PS blog post with all the details and these videos separatedly
  3. A week or two later, TGS State of Play showing the typical Asian focused stuff but also show a few 1st party upcoming games running on PS5 Pro (Until Dawn, Death Stranding 2, Marathon, Cory's new IP and if not really new games, My First Gran Turismo and Helldivers 2 introducing the new enemy faction)
That sounds pretty reasonable to me and it looks like part 1 of your wish has already come true! (albeit 9 minutes rather than 30).

Hudo

I am going out on a limb here and say that Nintendo's showing will be longer than 9 minutes.

yurinka

That sounds pretty reasonable to me and it looks like part 1 of your wish has already come true! (albeit 9 minutes rather than 30).
Maybe Hermen Hulst or Eric Lempel are reading, who knows :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nah, my idea was to the same thing than with PS4 Pro but shorter, because that video was like an hour and a half long, which didn't make sense at all and even less today in the Tik Tok and Twitter era.

Neff

New console with new Mario, new Zelda, new Metroid, new Smash Bros, new Mario Kart

or

A nicer version of an existing console with a paltry number of noteworthy exclusives to its name and still held to ransom by the previous generation almost 4 years into its life

Toughie

Woopah

Maybe Hermen Hulst or Eric Lempel are reading, who knows :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nah, my idea was to the same thing than with PS4 Pro but shorter, because that video was like an hour and a half long, which didn't make sense at all and even less today in the Tik Tok and Twitter era.
Just means we are being robbed of 81 minutes of Cerny's silky voice.

Top Bottom