• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Tease: Tomorrow's PS2 Top Story = Shocking

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
If Reirom is right (god, even typing it sounds putrid) its about damn time that Sega bought a clue. No disrespect to the Xbox/Xbots, but PDO should have been a PS2 game. Sure it might not have been as beautiful, but Sega would have likely sold more copies on the Sony platform.

lunlunqq

Goreomedy said:
Yeah, the HDD bundle is speculation. And not very educated speculation, at that.

But... I can see Sony selling multiple PSTwo bundles with the hotest Christmas titles for $149. GTA, MGS3, GT4, Jak3, R&C3, etc. And this could lead into a $99 announcement for PSTwo for next E3.

I'm shocked... Nobody actually see that I'm joking about the "shocking" news??

Laurent

MarkRyan-IGN said:
Already told ya. Kaz Hirai is dating Bill Gate's mom.
There is no way this as something to do with Sony cutting a deal with Microsoft...

Ed Fries?! That would be so fscking boring...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jupiter Jones said:
If it's not about "Dual Shock" or "RE4", then my guess is KOTOR 2 is now PS2 exclusive.

Wouldn't that be a disappointment?

Who really wants a game like RE4 or KOTOR 2 on PS2? The system just isn't going to them justice and we'd only end up with an inferior product. PS2 can handle itself well, but not every type of game...

Of course, KOTOR 2 already looks and runs terribly slow on XBOX...so it isn't like that system is doing it any good. :p

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
It's probably just the fact that Gran Tursimo 4 is no longer online. And they forgot to post it two days ago like everyone else.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
JC10001 said:
But how would that upset Xbox fans?

Who made the statement that the news would also upset Xbox fans?

EDIT: Never mind I found it earlier in the thread... oh brother this is gonna be a crazy day...

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Blinx is the official Xbot mascot in Japan... and besides, judging by sales not many an Xbot would care much about Blinx going PS2. KOTOR, doubt it. The game did well on Xbox and LA is very chummy with M$ for some reason.

Laurent

WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

Le pire c'est que je suis certain que ça va être une connerie du genre l'exclusivité d'un jeu sportif qu'on s'en calice...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Laurent said:
WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

Le pire c'est que je suis certain que ça va être une connerie du genre l'exclusivité d'un jeu sportif qu'on s'en calice...

このフランス語の糞とは何だ?バカなこと言うなよ!GAFが英語のフォーラムだ。だから英語しか話さないべきだなぁ。

Err...damn.

XS+

Banned
dark10x said:
このフランス語の糞とは何だ?バカなこと言うなよ!GAFが英語のフォーラムだ。だから英語しか話さないべきだなぁ。

Err...damn.
Potty mouth!

Drey1082

seismologist said:
seeing as how online gaming right now is FREE. That would actually be bad news for PS2 fans.

Actually, I wouldn't mind paying if we were offered the perks that xbox live provides. I'm probably in the minority, however.

Redbeard

Banned
Who's to say it wouldn't be free? If they offered similar features to Live, but at no cost, that would be pleasing to PS2 fans and probably anger Xbox fans ("We're paying for what Sony gives free?!" etc) .

Maybe paying for some extra features would be ok but paying just to get online would suck bigtime for people like me since the only online game I play is Monster Hunter and It would practically kill off what little community there is.

Drey1082

seismologist said:
Maybe paying for some extra features would be ok but paying just to get online would suck bigtime for people like me since the only online game I play is Monster Hunter and It would practically kill off what little community there is.

Maybe if they just started a pay service for newer online games, to provide more features (one static username, friends lists that work for all games, or new features like email..., whatever). The older games like socom2 or monster hunter's online setup pretty much can't be changed at this point. I would really like that type of service with ps2, since us xbox owners have been spoiled with it. Now that the HDD is on the outs, however, it looks like it will be harder to impliment.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
seismologist said:

I'm in the opinion that if your going to be paying for online play it better be premium. For example, dedicated servers. Other then that P2P Should always be free beacuse the costs involved to maintain such a service are rather cheap. Premium services should have a fee.

Its tomorow, I take it the news already happened, the news of no news, or do we have to wait till tonight.

Drey1082

Suikoguy said:
I'm in the opinion that if your going to be paying for online play it better be premium. For example, dedicated servers. Other then that P2P Should always be free beacuse the costs involved to maintain such a service are rather cheap. Premium services should have a fee.

Its tomorow, I take it the news already happened, the news of no news, or do we have to wait till tonight.

If they started a pay service without providing dedicated servers, there would be problems (what would we be paying for??) Dedicated servers are a must. Otherwise, what would the cost be going towards?

bionic77

It doesn't involve the dual shock, RE4, KOTOR2, or Panzer Dragoon.

That is all I am going to say. :D

Edit: I am not sure if the news will really piss off Xbox fans, it may or it may not. Since I don't own a Xbox, but I do own a PS2, the news definitely brightened my day though. And, one final thing, don't get too hyped about this news or you might be sorely disapointed. It made my day, but the way they hyped it up I was expecting something much cooler.

Top Bottom