• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Tease: Tomorrow's PS2 Top Story = Shocking

Laurent

Marconelly said:
Why would Out Run 2 be a terrible guess? It fits the criteria perfectly, and it has even been rumored to be on the PS2 at one point.

Still, I think it's Psychonauts.
IT WOULDN'T BE SHOCKING!

Outrun 2 for PlayStation 2 is something everyone talked about last month, why would anyone be suprised about it? Why would IGN overhype something we already know?

Laurent

Lathentar said:
You just answered your own question.
You may be right... Unfortunately, I am certain that your right... DAMN! If that's the case, I am going to be pissed, even thought I have a PS2... Simply because IT'S NOT SHOCKING! >_<

1st Born

dave is ok said:
I cant wait until IGN's patented 'molehill-to-mountain' hype machine owns us all.

Damn! It better be something, "I'm going to sell my XBox or trade it in for a PS2" kind of an announcement. LOL!!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
bridegur said:
If Psychonauts makes a move, I want it on the GC. I don't want to see the game's look suffer...

Wha? I thought you didn't want to the looks to suffer? :D

Trevelyon

evil solrac v3.0 said:
anything yet?

Nope, still Carmelo Anthony......
sleep.gif

calder

:lol One thing's certain - the shock entertainment value of the announcement won't match the pure entertainment of this thread.

calder said:
:lol One thing's certain - the shock entertainment value of the announcement won't match the pure entertainment of this thread.

It's funny. It's almost an exercise in psychology. How long can people self generate excitement when the only thing said is "go"? It seems to have died down now, so I'd say less than 24 hours. Like a flame that has consumed all of it's oxygen and dies out :)

Gamedude

I heard from a guy on Burnout 3 that EA will patch/upgrade their server next week, is this true, does somebody know anything more about it are is it just a lie?

Pedigree Chum said:
Hey, I've been here for years (Korrupt from the old GAF), and I was wholly joking. Just looking for a laugh :p

Don't fight it. You've been anally owned. Fighting only makes it hurt more...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Pedigree Chum said:
Can't believe how many people took me seriously, that was funny :)

Wanted to make you duders laugh. Mission accomplished.

Generally, folks try to imply sarcasm in a post so as to avoid the very mistake you seem to have so obviously made.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
sonycowboy said:
It's funny. It's almost an exercise in psychology. How long can people self generate excitement when the only thing said is "go"? It seems to have died down now, so I'd say less than 24 hours. Like a flame that has consumed all of it's oxygen and dies out :)

Don't worry the fun will start up again this evening with people expressing disgust and general uninterest in whatever the actual news item is.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Pedigree Chum said:
Can't believe how many people took me seriously, that was funny :)

Wanted to make you duders laugh. Mission accomplished.

(Insert Bail Out RE4 pic here) :lol

Oh the irony :lol :lol :lol

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
OutRun 2 for the PS2 would be shocking, but that's not the issue why it's a terrible guess.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This crap is out yet? They say it isn't a Lord of the Rings game...so I guess that confirms that EA got the license for The Hobbit. That must be it, of course.

Pages and pages of speculation, followed by pages and pages of bitchin'. If it is a big deal, I'm sure the fanboys will come out to play. If it suck then we can all say "IGN sucks" over and over again.

sonycowboy said:
Don't fight it. You've been anally owned. Fighting only makes it hurt more...

Ask the mods, I'm indeed Korrupt (3) from the old GAF, been part of GAF a hell of a lot longer than you (from the days of Opa, Maturin and Futami). And totally knew Mark was from IGN, so young grasshoppah, check yoself before you wreck yoself foo.

DavidDayton said:
Generally, folks try to imply sarcasm in a post so as to avoid the very mistake you seem to have so obviously made.

It's not as if I can imply that I'm joking in the original post, cause it'd defeate the purpose of it being a JOKE.

AniHawk

Pedigree Chum said:
It's not as if I can imply that I'm joking in the original post, cause it'd defeate the purpose of it being a JOKE.

Still sticking with the "it was a joke" story, huh?

AniHawk said:
Still sticking with the "it was a joke" story, huh?

Lol, whatever, think what you guys want to think. But you've got to admit, if I had put <sarcasm></sarcasm> on my original post it wouldn't have been NEARLY as funny as me making you guys believe I was being serious.

I got my fun out of it (and some other people too by the looks of it), what you guys want to believe is up to you.

Zilch

Banned
Pedigree Chum said:

Hey, could you clarify that it was "for the laughs" one more time? I'm not sure we all "get" it yet.

:rolleyes:

Pedigree Chum said:
Ask the mods, I'm indeed Korrupt (3) from the old GAF, been part of GAF a hell of a lot longer than you (from the days of Opa, Maturin and Futami). And totally knew Mark was from IGN, so young grasshoppah, check yoself before you wreck yoself foo.

And yet you can't sense it from anyone else. Funny. I didn't doubt you, I was just commenting that regardless of intent, you were still bent over and defiled (metaphorically speaking, and as far as an internet forum can go anyway). No biggie.

Top Bottom