• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Tease: Tomorrow's PS2 Top Story = Shocking

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Over 400 posts? With this much reaction, I thought surely they had updated by now.

I'll die laughing when it's something like Oddworld's "Stranger".

"But, dude, we already knew about this ga-" "Shocking!"

bionic77

:lol I just want to see the reaction when this board finds out what it really is. It could go either way, part of me wants to see the Xbox fans do what the Nintendo fans did over Monkey Ball being ported.

I was pretty happey with the news though.

P.S. MarkRyan has the worst taste in games. His word is not to be trusted, I mean he thinks SOTN is a better game then Super Metroid.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
bionic77 said:
P.S. MarkRyan has the worst taste in games. His word is not to be trusted, I mean he thinks SOTN is a better game then Super Metroid.
He also hated Ninja Gaiden, and keeps fans of Itagaki in his basement and whips them.

Odysseus

Banned
chrisb101 on IGN Boards said:
I got the new OPM, and finally decided to open it, and on page 68 is an interview with Tim Scafer, talking about Psychonauts. The info says "Pub. Majesco Dev. Double Fine Productions Release. Q2 2005"

So, there is like a 99% chance the news is Psychonauts.

If it is Psychonauts, chalk another one up for the "who the heck cares" IGN announcements.

For Jeremy's sake, I hope this isn't his "shocking" top story. Seriously... who would care?

SantaC

Odysseus said:
If it is Psychonauts, chalk another one up for the "who the heck cares" IGN announcements.

For Jeremy's sake, I hope this isn't his "shocking" top story. Seriously... who would care?

I have to agree. If it indeed is Psychonauts then IGN has made a deal out of nothing. Again.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I cant really think of anything likely that us xbots would get upset about, thinking what could be going to PS2 thats not out yet (and was xbox exclusive) i guess you have any non-first or second party game, a list of those which people actually care about is fairly short..i can only think of Psychonaughts(seems this is almost certainly it), OTOGI 2 errr Spikeout? Republic Commando(this is on PC though)? UC2?

Thats all i can think of, i think only UC2 would even interest me out of that lot.

DSN2K

ignent_footer_ffffff.gif

Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
bishoptl said:
Hush your mouth, you! Tim Schaefer is worth 10 of your so-called "Playboy Playmates"!

True but he should have stuck to point and click where his genius was first discovered.

Prine

Banned
KOTOR done well on Xbox, and Itagaki seems too commited to Microsoft.

I think it might be something do with Criterion. Black goes PS2 exclusive

Or PDO 2 for PS2

Odysseus

Banned
OK, +1 for dehype threads.

http://boards.ign.com/PS2_General_Board/b5023/68617693/?50

Makaze-IGN said:
Everyone understands at this point that regardless of what the story is about that no one will be happy right?

Short of the game being Jade Empire, True Fantasy Online, or Resident Evil 4, everyone's going to be disappointed. Kind of says something about the consumer's general expectations -- that true excitement is rarely generated anymore.

Sad in a way.

I'm not complaining. I hope it's the biggest story ever to hit the world (like I do every story), but it won't be -- we already know that.

I'm just making a general observation about the state of things. Either way, I'm excited about this game coming and I'm glad that it is. Hopefully people agree with me, but if not, that's cool -- there's always next time -- and yes, there's always a next time.

:)

(This after PS2GB has come to believe the game will, in fact, be Psychonauts.)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
okay, i'll go for Outrun 2 being taken over to the PS2 , with some extras or something.

element

You're misunderstanding me. I truly feel that tonight's game is pretty cool, but that's not what I'm referring too -- the subject matter is interchangable.

I'm talking about expectations: I've noticed that over the last few years that people seem to be getting less and less excited over things that they should be excited about or interested in. I did 4 billion articles on Shadow Hearts 2 and no one gave a crap until PSM, myself, and Gamespot reviewed it with a 10, 9.1, and 8.6 respectively -- then all of a sudden people were like "oh that game -- why havent I ever heard of it?" Katamari Damacy is another good example of this -- nobody cared about the damn thing until the week after reviews hit -- then it "came outta nowhere." No it didn't. You had magazines, websites, and importers telling you about it for months.

That's what I'm pointing out. Unless your game fits into a specific mold or has a monolithian marketing budget behind it, nobody seems to care about you. And to me that's what I'm getting upset most about as I look at the anticipation threads. Everyone is just arguing back and forth about what the game had better not be, as oppossed to wondering how cool it might be because of how excited we are about it.

So there ya go. The beefier version of my original post.
HAHA!! It is totally true that people ignore most games. Psychonauts falls into this same mold. Which could be a cool game, that doesn't have the attention it deserves.

Top Bottom