• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm Buying a PS4 - Should I Go For Pro?

nah, save your money and get a slim. the pro is a waste of money.

use that money you'd have wasted on a Pro towards a PS5 at some point which will be able to play our PS4 games are way better quality/performance than a Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
stayed up til 3am playing Bloodborne and loving it. really not feeling like i wasted that money :pie_wfwt:

i signed up for Playstation sub and PSNow, then realized i could download a crapton of games. i downloaded Rocket League, God of War, GTAV, and Last of Us Remastered last night. all for free! damn almost feel like this is paying for itself.

so what is the deal w PSNow downloadable games? im guessing if i cancel my PSNow sub i can no longer play them? or can i keep them now forever?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
stayed up til 3am playing Bloodborne and loving it. really not feeling like i wasted that money :pie_wfwt:

i signed up for Playstation sub and PSNow, then realized i could download a crapton of games. i downloaded Rocket League, God of War, GTAV, and Last of Us Remastered last night. all for free! damn almost feel like this is paying for itself.

so what is the deal w PSNow downloadable games? im guessing if i cancel my PSNow sub i can no longer play them? or can i keep them now forever?

Once you cancel, they are not accessible I believe.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You already waited this long, so what's another year?
Take your $300 and put it towards a ps5, there's more then enough 3rd party games to enjoy in the meantime.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So I'm buying a PS4, mostly to play Death Stranding and Final Fantasy VII Remake, as well as Bloodborne.

What I don't know is whether or not I should get a Pro model or not. Is it worth it? I won't be gaming in 4K at all, and framerate isn't a huge concern for me.

I hear Bloodborne plays a little better with Boost Mode but not like a light and day difference. Then again I can afford a Pro so I'm tempted to go with the latest/greatest. What do you all think?

If you dont want to play in 4k and dont bother you the FPS... you can go for the PS4 Base model, but if you wait until black friday and you see the PS4 in 200$ dollars or less, go for it... Not more for this price.

And I recommend a lot Gravity rush saga ( Gravity rush 2 is the most marvelous game that i play in my life) , are masterpiece and are cheap... and is the development for the same comapny of Bloodborne... From Software and Japan Studio.

if i was you... i can wait to see the compatibility of PS5, you can play the roulette of the fortune, but definitive these games will be playable for PS5 Because are the most populars.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I would have encouraged you to wait a month. Don't know if this deal will be easy to take advantage of, though -- "available in limited quantities."

UKr2mdx.png

Audiophile

Maybe your best bet would be to get the Death Stranding Special Edition PS4 Pro; that way you get the benefit of supersampling, slightly tighter performance, a copy of the main game you want and finally, a higher resell value when you eventually switch to PS5.

It's more like a rental service with built-in streaming abilities.

Note that if you stream the game you get the usual drawbacks (image quality, input lag) but it gives you similar benefits as Stadia is supposed to, I.E. you will be able to resume whenever you pick up the game, even if on another device, which is neat, but borderline useless.

Anyway, it's nice that Sony has one GAAS service for both streaming and downloads. However I don't have enough play time for it to make sense for me, plus I like to either keep my games or sell them if I think I won't play them again.

I would have encouraged you to wait a month. Don't know if this deal will be easy to take advantage of, though -- "available in limited quantities."

UKr2mdx.png

Depending where he got it he could go back and reverse price match. Bestbuy will let you recover the difference if you buy something and its price drops in the next 90days I think)... So just buy your Christmas gifts now, keep your bills and go get your money on boxing day/black Friday or something.

The Switch and XB1 all digital are so overpriced, this is not even funny :messenger_loudly_crying: .

#Phonepunk#

Banned
with my PS4 Pro I just tried out the alpha demo for Nioh 2 and found it performing way way better than Nioh 1 ever did on my PC. plus the buttons are correct LOL. now realizing bc Steam kept fucking up my control mapping that I'd been using the wrong layout when playing on PC.

TheBoss1

Pro regardless if you have a 4K TV or not. Supersampling is a great benefit to have on a sub-4K TV so no jagged edges.

Top Bottom