• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

What have I done? LOL.

ibeKVsNjxKvxru.jpg

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight lol

That's hideous. What did you do?

I was hanging off a street lamp, and panned the camera to get up close, and it went into his head lol.

The compression really does a disservice to the IQ of this game; you guys are in for a treat. Think KZSF with even better AA, and somehow open freaking world.

iN20TPlysBfXe.jpg

This might be a spoiler? Link just to be safe: http://i5.minus.com/iBEVZ1Y7yeZyP.jpg

Danlord

I was hanging off a street lamp, and panned the camera to get up close, and it went into his head lol.

The compression really does a disservice to the IQ of this game; you guys are in for a treat. Think KZSF with even better AA, and somehow open freaking world.

iN20TPlysBfXe.jpg

This might be a spoiler? Link just to be safe: http://i5.minus.com/iBEVZ1Y7yeZyP.jpg

I read that if you attach a screen capture to a PSN message and send to a second acoount , using the PS App on your phone/tablet you can then load the image, save from that then upload elsewhere without any compression.

Keep it up though, really getting me hyped without spoiling anything.

Epcott

Just preordered from PSN. Next gen beanie here I come. I never beat Infamous 1 or 2 so I hope that has no bearing on this game.

Also, would it kill them to add MGS: GZ to the preorder section?

I read that if you attach a screen capture to a PSN message and send to a second acoount , using the PS App on your phone/tablet you can then load the image, save from that then upload elsewhere without any compression.

Yeah that doesn't really work though; every time I see someone do that the images look just as compressed.

stryke

No, it's still compressed. Using that method just prevents any further compression artifacts being introduced via facebook or twitter.

Danlord

No, it's still compressed. Using that method just prevents any further compression artifacts being introduced via facebook or twitter.

Yeah that doesn't really work though; every time I see someone do that the images look just as compressed.

Thanks for the information, I might do it just for personal screens I share, I love it for Don't Starve and I know this is going to be one of those games I'll be spamming the Share button on.

wapplew

Wait, you mean that's from gameplay character model, not from a cutscene?
Why the hell SP model teeth so detail for that? Or they use same quality model for both?

I have been thinking this, I won't break that £40 barrier... which is stupid of me to have bought a console day 1 really. But then I know if I bought it next year and got all the previous years games I wouldn't play them all as I don't have the time to play catch up.

Still, how long is the delivery... as the prices might drop by the time it is delivered anyway.

This game is too tempting damnit.

I got the console day one too, but then I was sure that the prices of new-gen games would've reverted back to the norm by now. They haven't!

I've only ordered with the site once before, but if memory serves they were very good and got me the game through the letterbox in about a week after dispatch. That would be a horrible wait for something as hotly anticipated as Second Son, but it beats paying those near extortionate UK prices.

Binabik15

The compression really does a disservice to the IQ of this game; you guys are in for a treat. Think KZSF with even better AA, and somehowopen freaking world.

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

2 weeks until I can play games again, how nice of I:SS to be out by then.

Binabik15

Injury or mean parents?

I'm in German med school and we have this fun thing called "Physikum" after 4 semesters and the two days of written exams are next week and an oral examination a week after that, so I'm only browsing GAF while eating. No time for gaming.

On the flip side if we pass we'll have jumped the biggest hurdle on the way to being a MD and I can buy some really unnecessary stuff to treat myself. Including fully priced 70€ next-gen games instead of waiting forever and importing them for more humane prices.

Dinjooh

Could anyone modify my avatar?

Kh61rPk.jpg

I'm in German med school and we have this fun thing called "Physikum" after 4 semesters and the two days of written exams are next week and an oral examination a week after that, so I'm only browsing GAF while eating. No time for gaming.

On the flip side if we pass we'll have jumped the biggest hurdle on the way to being a MD and I can buy some really unnecessary stuff to treat myself. Including fully priced 70€ next-gen games instead of waiting forever and importing them for more humane prices.

It's pretty much called the same thing here in Denmark, I feel your pain brother. Luckily i'm currently doing an easy part of university atm, so I have plenty time to game and beanify shit on gaf.

can you cross the bay?

I don't know, but water is a no-no (at least at this point of the game.)

The most important thing about this game is that it's so damn fun. I only have the first power but the game does a good job of making you feel like a badass; you really do feel powerful.

There is no option to turn off the HUD, but it's honestly not as intrusive as I thought it would be - I'm perfectly fine with it.

ibx0BSEX1F06AJ.jpg

ieGmKWk8lTxyQ.jpg

ibn5BZuLIX0Gh3.jpg

i8CcNZEdmXQJa.jpg

Dinjooh

The most important thing about this game is that it's so damn fun. I only have the first power but the game does a good job of making you feel like a badass; you really do feel powerful.

There is no option to turn off the HUB, but it's honestly not as intrusive as I thought it would be - I'm perfectly fine with it.

picsnstuff

So, does the enemies seem as bullet-spongy as they were in inFAMOUS 2?

I played it on normal, and even then the ice guys took like 10-12 shots before they went down.

wapplew

There is no option to turn off the HUB, but it's honestly not as intrusive as I thought it would be - I'm perfectly fine with it.

ibx0BSEX1F06AJ.jpg

ieGmKWk8lTxyQ.jpg

ibn5BZuLIX0Gh3.jpg

i8CcNZEdmXQJa.jpg

Oh god, I think you've done much better job than Sony marketing team.
Sony should send you a check.

Top Bottom