• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Thanks, just tired of bad players making combat look shite lol.

I'd love to see that Comet drop thing he does with smoke whenever you get a chance. I'm staying out of the chat on UStream as I don't want to read something that I'll regret. NEVER READ THE CHAT!

Man.. It's pissing me off how many people are trying to downplay this game. Either nitpicking the hell out of it or saying complete shit like "Thief looks better than inFamous."

I am seriously wondering what they are smoking.

Chat comments?

Because I wouldn't take twitch trolls seriously.

Disappointing to hear that the ending is flat. They really stuck the landing of the first 2 games, the very final moments at least, so that isn't something I was even remotely concerned about.

Everything else sounds bueno though.

Soi-Fong

Chat comments?

Because I wouldn't take twitch trolls seriously.

Not on Twitch. I haven't even streamed at all since I don't want my Twitch acct banned. I'm talking about some users who posted in the Next Gen screenshots thread.

It's annoying to see users who nitpick the hell out of inFamous, but give games like TF a free ride when judging it graphically.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yes. It looks even better on the TV.

No you can't turn off the HUD (right now).

Also I know someone said this game is locked to 30 fps, but I don't think thats the case.

When you look at the sky you can clearly see the framerate speed up (like past infamous games)

This leads me to the conclusion that it is actually unlocked.

Sucker Punch confirmed many times that the framerate is unlocked, with I think the base minimum being 30, but it's supposed to be able to go as high as 60 (but more than likely does not).

Deimo5

Is that Nate Fox's roundabout way of getting people to choose the evil ending as canon so he can realise his idea's from 2 to some extent? Guess we wait for evil ending impressions /tinfoil

Disappointed to hear the ending is weak. Nobody's probably had time to play through twice, but there's gotta be two different endings for good/evil, like in I2. Hopefully one ending is better than the other.

It's annoying to see users who nitpick the hell out of inFamous, but give games like TF a free ride when judging it graphically.

I've gotten used to it by now.

Titanfall gets a free ride on most negative criticisms attached to it. It's annoying.

Is that Nate Fox's roundabout way of getting people to choose the evil ending as canon so he can realise his idea's from 2 to some extent? Guess we wait for evil ending impressions /tinfoil

Journalist: We heard Second Son Secondo : The Third Son will follow-up from the evil ending, even though trophy data suggest more people chose not to be douches. Why the 180 from the trophy judgment?

NF: HAHAHAHA BECAUSE THE EVIL ENDING IS BETTER.

Not on Twitch. I haven't even streamed at all since I don't want my Twitch acct banned. I'm talking about some users who posted in the Next Gen screenshots thread.

I've nitpicked from the screenshots at the trees and the lod on some buildings and shadows, but it still a great looking game. I love me some Titanfall, I have about 20 hours or so on PC, with it maxed out. Graphics are not a strong point for Titanfall, gameplay is. Either way, what InFamous does with lighting and particle effects is very very impressive and they definitely deserve the accolades. After this and MGSV I'm not sure what to even look forward to for the rest of the year. I haven't bought an Xbox One game in months. Not sure when I'll get to do that.

There is a day one patch for this game right? Did anyone that play the game actually get the patch? Could customizing HUD be a part of it? What else could the patch be for? From the impressions it doesn't seem like it really needs any finishing touches....

It's funny, I think when Phloxy pauses the game he's reading the thread. Phloxy, pilot an airplane into a building. You can do that in GTAV, you should be able to do it here. If not, SuckerPunch should just cancel the game.

Soi-Fong

I've nitpicked from the screenshots at the trees and the lod on some buildings and shadows, but it still a great looking game. I love me some Titanfall, I have about 20 hours or so on PC, with it maxed out. Graphics are not a strong point for Titanfall, gameplay is. Either way, what InFamous does with lighting and particle effects is very very impressive and they definitely deserve the accolades. After this and MGSV I'm not sure what to even look forward to for the rest of the year. I haven't bought an Xbox One game in months. Not sure when I'll get to do that.

The Order is set come out this year. I know for a fact, that game will usurp inFamous graphically. But then, it's also not open world.

The Order is set come out this year. I know for a fact, that game will usurp inFamous graphically. But then, it's also not open world.

Ah, I forgot about that one. Thoughl, I'm not really excited for it, as it looks to be a corridor shooter, but I'll not jump to conclusions until I've seen more. I was really looking forward to The Witcher 3 until the delay. Looks like InFamous will hold the crown of best looking open world game until it comes out next year.

Most, not all.

I've posted in that thread. I would facepalm if performance got a free pass from Titanfall, considering the game relies on it.

Every non-OT Titanfall thread is full of drive by posts. The same goes for infamous as well with comments like "no one will buy infamous" etc...

It's console wars bullshit.

I just see a bit of a persecution complex happening with statements like yours.

I definitely disagree with the shit both games get as they both shine in many categories.

Soi-Fong

You know what's more crazy guys? People saying that GTAV looks better.

ibplCm0VhW5WoS.jpeg

jKC.jpg

Yup... GTAV looks better. /s

I just see a bit of a persecution complex happening with statements like yours.

True. There's a lot of generalization in statements like mine that, as you said, isn't without some level of persecution complex. ( not intentional, but I'd say it's done in poor taste on my end)

I won't deny I made that statement irresponsibly.

I'll stop it at that.

Ploid 3.0

Gorgeous
The graphics really shine in darker environments

The little lights, and reflections, easier on the eyes like Las Vegas. Las Vegas during noon looks boring, but go in a building, or in nearly closed off place and forget the time of day.

Also GTA5 at night is the best as well. The game really need to be out on current gen and PC, it's so annoying to play on old gen, darn framerate.

StuBurns

Banned
The TitanFall thing is odd, because that game's technical failings most likely aren't due to it's system's limitations, it's just a poorly crafted game on a technical level. Talking about it's shortcomings shouldn't be some underhand console war thing.

Likewise if people think SS is 'cheating' because the design isn't as systemic as what we traditionally consider an open world game, that shouldn't be viewed as an attack on the PS4 as a platform.

This is just an especially rocky time, because TitanFall is MS's biggest exclusive till Halo 5 next fall I imagine. That game has the weight of an entire first party on it, as unfair as that is.

Ishan

I'm enjoying doing a bunch of side stuff and just messing things up, played about 5 hours myself with 23 percent done, still just on smoke haha

serisouly dude hahah! i know youve been posting pics .. but if i had the game on hand i would be rushing thru to know all the powers and exactly what happens ... but then again thats why im creeping on the spoiler topic hahha

True. There's a lot of generalization in statements like mine that, as you said, isn't without some level of persecution complex. ( not intentional, but I'd say it's done in poor taste on my end)

I won't deny I made that statement irresponsibly.

I'll stop it at that.
Oh I get those feels all the time for my most anticipated games. I wish I didn't preorder digital for this one so I could get it early. I'm really excited to see this on my Tv at home finally. I think it looks the most next gen of any title yet, close to what gears was for 360. The particles... wow.

Ploid 3.0

The TitanFall thing is odd, because that game's technical failings most likely aren't due to it's system's limitations, it's just a poorly crafted game on a technical level. Talking about it's shortcomings shouldn't be some underhand console war thing.

Likewise if people think SS is 'cheating' because the design isn't as systemic as what we traditionally consider an open world game, that shouldn't be viewed as an attack on the PS4 as a platform.

This is just an especially rocky time, because TitanFall is MS's biggest exclusive till Halo 5 next fall I imagine. That game has the weight of an entire first party on it, as unfair as that is.

Microsoft put the focus TF has on it. The hype train would not stop, memes were made, the dev team didn't really seem to expect it all (E3 giant bomb video podcast). With great expectations comes great disappointment, the same will be for Infamous SS. Not everyone will like it.

Ishan

well it also stems from ms making titanfall out to be the be all and end all of next gen launch window games ... sony didnt hype infamous up that much and im sure if both were hyped the same amount we would be getting the same praise and not the same hate .... i mean you can only push a game so much especially a mp one .... for example i got into cs cause my bud went try this ... and then i like it ... followed up by omg this is sick .... hated dota then went okay then went fucking addictive .... mp games have to have word of mouth .... its wayyy wayyy harder than single player games to push it onto the community

EDIT to add i love tlou but if i had to pick a game to get my friends into it would be cs .. followed by dota ... but thats the point im making mp games have to grow way more organically ... ms obviously didnt realize this. side note i told my xbone one owning bud try titanfall its supposedly really good. went to my ps4 owning bud and went lets split the costs on that one (roomate owns our ps4 hes leaving in 2 weeks so i have to make contingency plans haha)

Has any of the reviewers mentioned the coles legacy dlc, as i really want to play it but dont know if it is worth the extra cost. Will cost me £20 extra.

Saberus

How is the texture quality of building and walls up close? Good with nice bumb/normal maps? On screens the textures seem not always that great.

WTF??...if you can't tell how the IQ is by all the photo's that have been provided..then there is no help.. textures not always great?..don't know what you see, but I'm sure there will be the odd blemish, but I have not seen any yet, photo wise.

Teletraan1

Banned
On that screenshot with the car. Was the car just there with the broken glass all over the place or did that broken glass occur from something the player did? So I guess I am asking if that is some mini set piece or the result of something the player did.

Pop

I watched about 2 mins of gameplay on the Ps4 live app and my god it looks fantastic. Gorgeous really.

I had to stop watching for my own good. These 6 days will be tough.

Top Bottom