• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Or games that put in a ton of filler to make the game seem longer than it is.

Yeah. I'll never understand fillers and why making a game long as fuck is something to strive for (I love Dark Souls though). If I want to replay the same things over and over again I'll just replay the game. Forcing me to play filler material to prolong the experience just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and yet another game I'll never finish.

You just wanted me to do this didn't you? :D
1617136_814913978523557_601767566_o.jpg

isjwF2BV17NF6.png

So much better

Wait I'm confused is this old build vs new

Levyne

Banned
Equivalent exchange, the universe has Watch Dogs and DS2 to thank for allowing Infamous to improve without disrupting the balance

I know it wasn't deliberate but the leaking of the game early has probably done Sony a world of good. Being able to watch some streams on the PS4 and actually see and hear people play the game likely had more of an impact than all the live action trailers and viral marketing campaigns SCEA has put together. The hype in this thread and the sales numbers on Amazon are proof of that. Barring surprisingly bad reviews, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see this game sell over 2m copies in its first week on the way to lifetime sales of 3+m, which puts this franchise and Sucker Punch in another league.

I hate all you bastards who are enjoying the game. :( I'm a bit jelly. I'm going to go paint (cry) now for the rest the night
and also come back to read more posts about people enjoying the game

DNAbro

Kind of glad i don't have the game so I can have time to study but this thread distracts me enough. My hype is too high. But this Friday will be infamous all day.

sjay1994

I am hoping top is retail? If so that is the way you fucking do it.

Yeah top is retail.

It also goes against the people who claim second son was downgraded since E3, because one of the trailer shots from e3 was in broad daylight, where as in the final game its at dawn.

Mindlog

Welp, I got my preorder (digital of course) in even though I have way too many games to play at the moment. Was going to hold off, but I'm just to curious about Second Son. Helps that all the new games holding my interest are in wildly different genres. Still discless on PS4 :]

Great 1Q for games!

gl0w

Where can I get a new avatar of infamousSS? Anyone got one? My avatar is too old, I would like a new one, with a beanie of course :p

So can anyone comment on the quality of the campaign and side content? No point really having anymore doubts about how the game is going to look. Is there much variety?

Finished with the good ending. 100% as well. Outside of one spoiler I'll speak in generalities.

Thought the ending was great. Didn't have an issue with it at all. The last mission in particular **HUGE SPOILERS**
pays off the relationship Delsin, Eugene and Fetch had been building throughout the game and I freaking loved all three of them working together to make their way up the tower!

I thought the motivation of the villain made sense and didn't betray where the game started. I need to "detox" this week and I'll be right back at it again to play through as evil. It lived up to every bit of expectation I had about an Infamous game coming in and I really enjoyed the previous two!

Overall I really liked the game, I finished 100% with good karma. It's the best Infamous game and the best looking PS4 game to date. Not going to say too much more but you guys/girls are in for a treat.

My biggest disappointment with the game is the time of day system. I'd have preferred a truly dynamic day night cycle with random weather. I wish it at least cycled randomly, especially after finishing the game. Oh well. Not a big deal obviously, but it would have been nice.

Voror

I really do wish this was coming out on Tuesday like normal as I have to work both jobs Friday and Saturday, which means no real time to play until Sunday.

Top Bottom