• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider/"Insider" called Legendary DROPS claims he had a private talk with a UBISOFT dev about their work culture ...

Of course, there's a problem at the helm. DEI infects the whole company from top to bottom, that much is obvious even in plain sight. They are narcissistic freaks who don't belong in the entertainment industry. Zero sympathy for their future demise. You shouldn't regret the layoffs of a bunch who hate us all.

Wildebeest

If you compare Ubisoft to Nintendo then how do you think they compare when it comes to keeping the same senior development staff for 20 years or more?

Kacho

Gold Member
kN5m5zV.png
Damn, Dave got soft. Sad!

BigBeauford

How are people doubting this? In 2016(!) as a college student finishing my undergrad, I got the "privilege" of spending half a day being told what an oppressor I was by the schools DEI officer in a presentation to our class. There is no doubt post 2020 summer of love that the insanity is cranked to an 11 in these places. I work for the government and can tell you it's fucking nuts.

PeteBull

It's been a tough 5 to 7 years, seeing the brain rot infest these things, but man, looking at the brain rotten falling one by one right now just feels good. Let the rot burn.
Luckily capitalism aka competetive environment will sort out that mind bug on its own, just needs bit more time and in ubi's case 1 more big flop of a game ;)

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I’m seeing this “toxic positivity” thing at a client of mine right now.

I was brought in to do a bunch of coding / architecture work but my position also involves recommendations on staffing. They have some devs who are just terrible and all they ended up doing was putting one dev briefly on a “PIP” (performance improvement plan) and then quickly said he had improved when he barely had, and he’s already reverted to being even shittier.

The business side focused on product / customers is about to force their tech org to clean house. Something I know because of my company also consulting on that side, and we’ve been TRYING to get the tech org to improve but they haven’t.

These people spend years on projects that never go live. Luckily their product prints money.

Fake

Gold Member
The only thing that is 100% accurate is that the delay is without a doubt NOT for fixing bugs. All delays came out buggy af no matter what.

Where do you think feedback go?

There is a team that filter the feedback and separate suggestion from bugs/glitchs. Those teams probably doesn't exist anymore.

Imagine if you send a feedback like 'This save corruption sucks', but your feedback got ignored because you write 'sucks' in the report description.

Remember this one: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/8/17951298/microsoft-windows-10-bugs-issues-report

One bug reported by some Windows Users Program was totally ignored by Microsoft because Microsoft did this brilhant ideia of putting a 'LIKE BUTTON' in their feedback page, so because this bug wasn't receive 'likes' enough was totally missed by Microsoft.

Microsoft had to rollback an entire build because the update erase some of the users files of the Windows 10.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I wonder how this happened. Like was it just one bad person got into a role in hiring and picked the most toxic people possible to poisened the culture? Its one thing to hire diversity, I'm completely for that, no one should be judged by their race/skincolor/sex, it should all be skill based and best for job, but what I am VERY much against is agenda hiring (be it strait white male agenda, trans genda, women's agenda, doesn't matter, its all a horrible practice to intentionally excludes people and just makes the whole world more pissed off). It sounds like UBI got someone inside that agenda hired to "fight the man/them" and made sure to put in people that are on the extreme side and made the company a living hell to work at.
Doesn’t need to be anything more than a small percentage of people on teams. If toxic crybully types gain institutional power, i.e., if their concerns are always actionable at HR/leadership and therefore interactions with them must be done with kid gloves, then they will wield disproportionate power over the team.

Not to say that any of the report from the OP is true. It may not be. But I've seen environments like that before. One unhinged person is enough to poison the well if leadership enables them.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
My brother is an artist and he talks a lot about how the extremists has made his art school toxic.

And he's gay himself so hardly a reactionary. Some people on the left have just gone full Mao/Pol Pot. Kinda sad really.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Doesn’t need to be anything more than a small percentage of people on teams. If toxic crybully types gain institutional power, i.e., if their concerns are always actionable at HR/leadership and therefore interactions with them must be done with kid gloves, then they will wield disproportionate power over the team.

Not to say that any of the report from the OP is true. It may not be. But I've seen environments like that before. One unhinged person is enough to poison the well if leadership enables them.
Same, I've worked in an environment where a person like that was brought in. Luckily we had a good HR team that saw this person litterally trying to weaponize HR against people. They quickly got rid of her, but that was thanks to it being a Texas HR team who was very strongly rooted in "do your work without drama" attitude. Had it been a more "lets not offend anyone" HR team, the whole work place would have turned into hell overnight from this one employee.

Wildebeest

Gen-Z. It’s fucking tiresome to work with a lot of them, and I feel like an old man yelling at the clouds. 😅
Actually, I think it might be our old chums the snowflake millennials who are losing their shit because gen-z are ending sentences with highly aggressive microaggression exclamation marks!

Sgt.Asher

That Emoji comment must be BS surely? 😂
I can see it, I had a person go to HR over red ink. She didn't like red ink from her time in highschool. At least HR told her to pound sand, some people just preferred red pens no meaning behind it.
I can understand a place going heavy dei banning such things.

GudOlRub

I'm a bit late to the party and just watched his video now.
I refuse to believe it is real until given concrete proof supporting it, this shit is too absurd to be believable, if someone reported me to HR for not putting a fucking smiley face on a Teams DM I honestly don't know how I'd react, but I almost certainly would hand them over my resignation letter right then and there if the person who reported me did not get reprimanded for such stupid and unprofessional behaviour, what the actual fuck... normal people don't behave like this...

ZKEXO8V.png

Top Bottom