• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread May 2013: Another board thread, now with 4X the backlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't work for them and honestly I do not know the games you mention :)

I just happen to be in the beta test group.

Other games under the Warhammer IP. Dawn of War was was basically Starcraft with some cool additions, Dawn of War II was like...an RTS without resource management or buildings. They're great and cheap now. Space Marine was the Warhammer 40k Gears of War.

zigg

Loving Robot Unicorn Attack 2, but it can occasionally get a bit choppy on my 4S. Anyone know if this is being looked at for a patch?

DrLazy

Anybody else loving "Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte"? Very much worth the $3. Like I said in the other thread, its Flight Control meets Plants vs. Zombies. I'm loving it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hello, dropping in to say that this is now out! :) Haven't had time to delve into this yet but I will!

Trailer

Leviathan: Warships is a strategic action game where players can build and customize their own fleet of warships to play with or against their friends.
Play together in the co-op campaign missions against the growing Marauder threat or fight through special Challenge Missions with your friends.

Cross-platform play between iOS, PC and Mac, together with the games built-in cloud saving functionality, allows you to continue your sessions from any computer or tablet.​

Minsc

Gold Member
So PvZ 2 is out in July. Still no word on pricing structure.

PvZ 1 was actively developed along the months/years down to being 99 cents + IAP for currency to unlock extra game modes, so a safe guess would be there's your best case scenario.

bideogamer

Neo Member
I got my iPhone 5 jailbroken for a trip so I can use blutrol + my dualshock 3 and play some games proper.

So far I have: Max Payne, GTA III, Vice City, Shadow Warrior. Any other cool ports I dont know about? (sorry Im kind of ruining the spirit of the thread maybe.)

igor

Bastion is now 99c incase anyone is interested.

How does it play on iPhone 5 does anyone know? I have it for computer and the game is hectic sometimes (plus it's not an easy game really), it's hard to imagine it on the smaller screen. Still would be nice to have bastion in my pocket, especially for this price.

Also, If I can ask this question here:

I am really torn between getting either Clash of Heroes or Liberation maiden : which one would you recommend? I have a craving for some techno robot high speed action (got both ZoE games for PS2 recently) but Clash of Heroes was a game I really wanted to play for a long time (played a little bit on PS3 and loved it) and seems like a value for your money. I suppose I will eventually get to buy both...

Also, VERY curious about the World Ends With You iOS. It's one of my favourite games of all time (that reminds me, I want a SMT game on iOS) and these high res graphics look fantastic (also, anything that would support the sequel really)... how does it play in comparison to double screened original? Is it bit sacrilegious or is it an interesting take on the battle system? Any new content apart from that hidden ending? Is it worth 16 bloody euro?! I spend 40 on the original WEWY already...

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Loving Robot Unicorn Attack 2, but it can occasionally get a bit choppy on my 4S. Anyone know if this is being looked at for a patch?

There are a couple of updates already planned. Not sure what specifically is planned about optimizations, but I'm sure that is in the mix.

Hugstable

Banned
Does anyone own the Lunar Silver Star port on iOS. I bought it on my iPad 4 yesterday and just departed on the boat from Saithe and I,ve noticed that the music cuts out during all moments of the game for like not even a second like the track got caught up or something. It's very noticeable during the battle music and sometimes during audio such as when the boat is leaving and Alex calls out for Luna to get on the boat, both of the lines played at the same time to make just a whole bunch of jibberish. I've seen no one else complain about this on the reviews on was wondering if anyone else experienced this and there is a way to fix it or would deleting the game and doing a fresh install help?

I never got to play this game back then since by the time I bought Lunar 2, this game was already incredibly rare and expensive, and seeing this game on iOS after getting my iPad 2 weeks ago has literally made the happiest gamer ever, and the game is very much still playable, but I really want to get the full experience, and the music cutting for just a second really puts a damper on me. I'm pretty sure I will still find my way through this game though even if I can't fix it :)

PFD

I got my iPhone 5 jailbroken for a trip so I can use blutrol + my dualshock 3 and play some games proper.

So far I have: Max Payne, GTA III, Vice City, Shadow Warrior. Any other cool ports I dont know about? (sorry Im kind of ruining the spirit of the thread maybe.)

I know this is Gameloft and all, but Wild Blood is really damn good if you have the controls down. Very underrated game IMO. Just bear in mind that you won't see all the content until hard mode.

Nova 3 is a fun fps if you're into that. Other than these, I don't really know. I tend to stay away from 'console-y' games on iOS.

How does it play on iPhone 5 does anyone know? I have it for computer and the game is hectic sometimes (plus it's not an easy game really), it's hard to imagine it on the smaller screen. Still would be nice to have bastion in my pocket, especially for this price.

Also, If I can ask this question here:

I am really torn between getting either Clash of Heroes or Liberation maiden : which one would you recommend? I have a craving for some techno robot high speed action (got both ZoE games for PS2 recently) but Clash of Heroes was a game I really wanted to play for a long time (played a little bit on PS3 and loved it) and seems like a value for your money. I suppose I will eventually get to buy both...

Also, VERY curious about the World Ends With You iOS. It's one of my favourite games of all time (that reminds me, I want a SMT game on iOS) and these high res graphics look fantastic (also, anything that would support the sequel really)... how does it play in comparison to double screened original? Is it bit sacrilegious or is it an interesting take on the battle system? Any new content apart from that hidden ending? Is it worth 16 bloody euro?! I spend 40 on the original WEWY already...

For Clash of Heroes, the UI was annoying on my full sized iPad, so it must be hell on iPhone. The game itself plays fine.

I finished TWEWY on iOS and had lots of fun with it. Unfortunately I can't compare it to the DS version as I haven't played it there.

Absinthe

Modern Combat controls really well with the DS3, so do the League of Evil type games. And of course they're always emulators.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Bastion
is on SALE for 99c!

Go get it, game also has iCloud support.

mzl.scxalfwp.320x480-75.jpg

Bastion_E32011_0004-600x300.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
So, anybody tried Leviathan? It's potentially my kind of game but I'd like more info than the trailers they released.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So, anybody tried Leviathan? It's potentially my kind of game but I'd like more info than the trailers they released.
I have, briefly. Reminds me of Crimson Steam Pirates (duh), except you can play this online with friends, in your favourite bathrobe and slippers.

Also Bastion works well on an iPhone 5

Double D

Year Walk
The Silent Age
Broken Sword
Broken Sword 2
Beneath a Steel Sky
Gemini Rue
Ghost Trick
Finding Teddy
City of Secrets
The Room
The Journey Down
Fester Mudd

Played through The Room, The Journey Down, and Fester Mudd since my last update. All of them were great in their own respect. Pretty much a guarantee that I'll grab the next installments of all 3.

I had heard good things about Fester Mudd but had no idea that it was just a great recapturing of the old school Lucasarts games. Those people did some fine work there.

I just started downloading McPixel. From what I've heard it's not exactly a traditional point-n-click adventure, but regardless I understand it's good fun.

Anyone have any input on the Runaway games? Some of the reviews indicate it's a good games but very buggy. Just like to get some of your opinions since this games seems like a good way to transition in to some of their other games (Yesterday, Runaway 2, Hollywood Monsters).

can't wait till creature 4 comes out taking soooooooooooo long D-:

wildling_ingame-279x300.png

just in case no one really knows the series

The Norns (Cyberlifogenis cutis) are small, cute and intelligent creatures that you take care of throughout the entire adventure. Norns have a highly evolved artificial intelligence and all have an ultra-realistic genetic code that is close to that of Humans. They speak, they learn, they adapt, they sleep, they eat… From their birth to death, your objective will be to have them live in a community, and especially to raise them and teach them, then to have them reproduce, in order to transmit what they know to their offspring.
http://www.creatures4-thegame.co.uk/questions

Mik2121

Oh man, I used to play Creatures on PC back... 14 years ago or something like that? I was 12 or 13 I think, and I remember not knowing what the hell I was doing, but I still loved exploring all the locations and interacting with everything I could. Loved it in some weird way, lol...

Drone

Hello, dropping in to say that this is now out! :) Haven't had time to delve into this yet but I will!

Trailer

Leviathan: Warships is a strategic action game where players can build and customize their own fleet of warships to play with or against their friends.
Play together in the co-op campaign missions against the growing Marauder threat or fight through special Challenge Missions with your friends.

Cross-platform play between iOS, PC and Mac, together with the games built-in cloud saving functionality, allows you to continue your sessions from any computer or tablet.​

That trailer just landed you a purchase.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If Bastion is 568MB, how much storage space will I need to download it? I've already deleted so much. :(

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Nice one Dash, I hope it's playable with touch controls. :/

More than playable IMO, it's one of those games that nailed the transition to iOS. I had no issues at all with it on either iPhone or iPad (default controls, didn't touch the virtual stick option). Had a better time on iPhone even.

PFD

Anyone have any input on the Runaway games? Some of the reviews indicate it's a good games but very buggy. Just like to get some of your opinions since this games seems like a good way to transition in to some of their other games (Yesterday, Runaway 2, Hollywood Monsters).

Yesterday is fantastic. I would skip Hollywood Monsters though.

Nice one Dash, I hope it's playable with touch controls. :/

You can choose virtual sticks or touch controls. Try both and see what you prefer. (I preferred sticks)

Hugstable

Banned
Does anyone own the Lunar Silver Star port on iOS. I bought it on my iPad 4 yesterday and just departed on the boat from Saithe and I,ve noticed that the music cuts out during all moments of the game for like not even a second like the track got caught up or something. It's very noticeable during the battle music and sometimes during audio such as when the boat is leaving and Alex calls out for Luna to get on the boat, both of the lines played at the same time to make just a whole bunch of jibberish. I've seen no one else complain about this on the reviews on was wondering if anyone else experienced this and there is a way to fix it or would deleting the game and doing a fresh install help?

I never got to play this game back then since by the time I bought Lunar 2, this game was already incredibly rare and expensive, and seeing this game on iOS after getting my iPad 2 weeks ago has literally made the happiest gamer ever, and the game is very much still playable, but I really want to get the full experience, and the music cutting for just a second really puts a damper on me. I'm pretty sure I will still find my way through this game though even if I can't fix it :)

I went looking through some previous topics on it here yesterday and I still couldn't find anything about the music issue. Most topics boiled down to Vic Ireland hating on Xseed lol. I didn't see anything on the Touch Arcade thread either but I ddint' go through every page only skimmed. I'm just playing it anyway, The music still cuts out for me every once in a while during battle and sometimes while walking around town. And it's not the "switch screen in town and the music loops over." It's like the music cuts out randomly for not even half a second while in battle or walking around town. Has anyone else experienced this?

Heard about Dragonvale, someone told me a WoW fan would enjoy it so I downloaded it yesterday. I've never played a farm game like this (is this considered a farm game?), but I am really digging it so far!

If there's a game that does the same thing but better, please let me know :) I know there are a ton of iOS games out there and if I'm going to become obsessed with something, I want it to be the best in its genre.

ToxicAdam

If there's a game that does the same thing but better, please let me know :) I know there are a ton of iOS games out there and if I'm going to become obsessed with something, I want it to be the best in its genre.

I don't think there is any one definitive farm game that is the best. Usually someone finds one that strikes their fancy, plays the shit out of it, then never wants to touch the genre again.

I always recommend 'The Tribez', it is a similar game but it's focus is more on exploration. People seem to enjoy it. You might want to give that try for something different.

PittaGAF

Frothing. I played so goddamned much of Hunters, and sci-fi is usually a hurdle for me. Fantasy/Warhammer, though? Yes please.

Have they mentioned daily skirmishes a la Hunters?

They haven't but...let me just say you won't be disappointed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom