• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw and saved this beautiful tweet from Thom's twitter before it was too late

pJoKA0I.png
Me too, thanks.

Xun

Truly exciting stuff.

Hopefully it'll get revealed at midnight GMT, but they'll probably leave the viral machine running for longer.

Oli

Is this their way of saying they won't be announcing anything on social media?

Gosh darn it Radiohead just give it to us.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I'm not even that big of a Radiohead fan and I'm still hyped, god damn it.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
if this shit is exclusive to TidaL, I give up

In an era of data caps, artist exclusivity, partial catalogues, subscription fees and commercials I don't understand why CD's aren't more popular.

Life as a dinosaur is pretty good.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've only vaguely kept up with this today, since this topic kept getting bumped.

Has anything else happened, besides Radiohead "rm -rf"ing themselves?

Tenebrous

In an era of data caps, artist exclusivity, partial catalogues, subscription fees and commercials I don't understand why CD's aren't more popular.

Life as a dinosaur is pretty good.

CDs are the fucking GOAT.

Cheapest option for ownership.
Best audio quality (sorry, vinyl lovers)
Durable/easy to store.
Easy to transfer to multiple formats.

I'll not be swapping any time soon. I still find myself buying a few CDs per week.

Jonny's Twitter has gone all white now too: https://twitter.com/JnnyG

Two things of note:

1) - No tweets deleted (yet)
2) - His profile pic is more indicative of a light shining. As in there is light at the end of the tunnel

GUYS, IS THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL APPROACHING!?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
CDs are the fucking GOAT.

Cheapest option for ownership.
Best audio quality (sorry, vinyl lovers)
Durable/easy to store.
Easy to transfer to multiple formats.

I'll not be swapping any time soon. I still find myself buying a few CDs per week.

When you're broke as fuck and have the option to just stream everything for 8 bucks a month or whatever, it's hard to justify putting down $10-15 or whatever it is these days for one album. I'll probably make an exception for a new Radiohead album, but those exceptions are very very far and few in between.

Tenebrous

When you're broke as fuck and have the option to just stream everything for 8 bucks a month or whatever, it's hard to justify putting down $10-15 or whatever it is these days for one album. I'll probably make an exception for a new Radiohead album, but those exceptions are very very far and few in between.

I definitely understand that. If it's not an artist I love, I'll often buy used for £2 ($3) on e Bay.

A-V-B

So their new album is all about emptiness and erasing shit?

Imagine the salt if all the tracks are just a combined hour of Cage.

NotLiquid

I really hope Spectre is an indicative of the style the album is going for.

I love Radiohead at best when they can mix symphonic scale with synthetic minimalism. It's why Amnesiac is still my favorite album from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom