• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

So if I understand it correctly, Burn the Witch is this prolonged "urban legend" track that Radiohead has had under wraps since 2003?

Begs the question why here and why now.

Servbot24

Banned
So if I understand it correctly, Burn the Witch is this prolonged "urban legend" track that Radiohead has had under wraps since 2003?

It's one of many songs they've played live but never recorded, though it's a fan favorite of those.

Xun

It sounds like it was always envisioned to be a very orchestral song and some are speculating the album will be more orchestral.

It's one of many songs they've played live but never recorded, though it's a fan favorite of those.

It's never been played live, outside of a few opening chords during a concert eons ago.

It's lyrics used to be up on their site, maybe in a couple of different forms over the years. It's just the unheard holy grail for whatever reason.

NotLiquid

It sounds like it was always envisioned to be a very orchestral song and some are speculating the album will be more orchestral.

I hope so. Spectre was a beautiful piece of work and if the album is like that, I'm gonna be all over this one.

Blader

Radiohead has a lot of great unreleased songs they've had sitting on the shelf for many years, but the big difference with Burn the Witch is that we've never actually heard it at all (save for a couple chords which don't really tell you anything about the song). So who knows, it could be shit! But the fact that no one knows what it sounds like adds to the mystique.

I would love for an album of theirs to feature even more orchestral work than usual (though there is a fair amount on IR and OK).

It would be amazing if the album basically had Jonny's orchestral work backing every song and the reason the tour is so limited is because they were touring with a string section.

yea the hype is killing me. Screw Civil War and Uncharted 4...BURN THE WITCH!!!

I would love for an album of theirs to feature even more orchestral work than usual (though there is a fair amount on IR and OK).

It would be amazing if the album basically had Jonny's orchestral work backing every song and the reason the tour is so limited is because they were touring with a string section.

damn this makes sense why there are so few dates.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Maybe the album will be about nerds who get hyped about a collection of sounds getting released on a piece of plastic.

hSpLsot.gif

chaislip3

Six seems like it might be a running theme for the album?

"Sing the song of sixpence that goes burn the witch"

Problems List Six

Deeku

See this was all cool when the site was disappearing and we all thought the album would reappear straight after...but now it's just pissing me off!

big ander

That book The Plot Genie Index has nine sections making up the formula for a good story, each one a stage in the plot
1. Background or Locale
2. Main Character
3. The Beloved or Love Interest
4. A Problem
5. Obstacle to Love
6. Complication
7. Predicament
8. The Crisis
9. The Climax or Surprise Trip

Author Comments:
The Plot Genie is an antique plot index and generator originally copyrighted in 1931. It was invented by a man named Wycliffe A. Hill and published by Ernest E. Gagnon. According to Hill, the Plot Genie "is the result of sixteen years of effort to perfect a formula, and a means of its application which would enable student writers to inject plots into their stories." Hill divides dramatic plots into nine categories...

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
All this nothing is just racking up album sales. Theres nothing quite like deleting your tweets for sustained conversation and interest.

Fuck you Radiohead release the goddam album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom