• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five more miserable days of this bullshit.

TGzSMD2.gif

I don't think the Radiohead subreddit can last that long at this point

rhino4evr

I've been thinking about what gimmick they could come up with to release the new album for some time. I never thought about mailing a post card and then deleting the Internet. I love this band.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
They've done it! They've cracked the code for how to make money selling records.

You relist your old albums as available for preorder and then sell them again!

Think about it. First you sell your album. Then you open up preorders. THEN YOU SELL IT AGAIN!

Genius.

chaislip3

Wasn't there some recent glitch on Amazon where a lot of already released items were delisted and marked with a release date in the future? I think I saw it happen for a couple of books.

That might be the case.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure something will happen within the next few days.

Anastasia

Maybe this is meant to be commentary on social media and our reliance upon it. Or maybe a media "blackout" pre-release. In any case, it's a very clever way of "marketing" the new album.

I could not be more hyped.

hughesta

Banned
I can't wait another week Thom pls.

Seriously I remember reading up on Burn The Witch when I was going through my huge Radiohead phase back when TKOL came out, and thinking that was the one song (out of the millions and billions of unreleased songs on CitizenInsane) that I wanted to hear most. And now it's happening.

robotrock

Banned
I was super bummed when I read the TKOL tracklist and saw no Present Tense. Burn the Witch stung too.

I can only hope we'll get The Present Tense on this one.

Deeku

don't forget Lift guys

also i really hope there's some announcement soon cos i want to stop thinking about this

Deeku

So I wonder whether all of this is an elaborate planned thing that actually ties into the themes of the album, or they decided to promote the album this way as a big fuck you to all the kinda semi-leaked/ inaccurate news thats been happening since the end of last year.

hughesta

Banned
So I wonder whether all of this is an elaborate planned thing that actually ties into the themes of the album, or they decided to promote the album this way as a big fuck you to all the kinda semi-leaked/ inaccurate news thats been happening since the end of last year.
we'll find out if this album ever comes out.

ZeroRay

They'll mail CD-Rs of the album to the people who got the Burn the Witch pamphlet.

Would be a pretty Radioheady thing of them to do.

dogstar

Banned
Oh shiiiiit

Thursday hype

Their back catalogue is now in the hands of XL Recordings, who have handled their physical releases since In Rainbows. May 6th is the date this material is being re-launched.

So could this (LP9) be a net free release?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom