• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the ZOE series officially dead?

Solid

dark10x said:
It's not that difficult, though...
Yeah? I hear the quite opposite :p

Maybe you have good Ninja skills? I don't know if I have that. Mechs is fine but Ninjas is something completely different :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
callous said:
Am I the only person on earth who thoroughly enjoyed the first Z.O.E.?

I enjoyed the first hour and the last couple hours...but everything in between was garbage.

The scenario design was just really awful during most of the game. The level graphics below you made little difference and fighting the same group of enemies over and over again became boring...

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
callous said:
Am I the only person on earth who thoroughly enjoyed the first Z.O.E.?
Nope. I actually loved it. The combat system alone was enough to keep me happy, though I can understand why not everyone likes the game as a whole. ZoE2 completely destroys it, though.

WarPig

ZOE had the best demo ever. Then they strung the demo end to end a hundred times to make the game. Viola = bad-ass. Leo & Celvice = shoot out airlock soonest.

I never beat ZOE 2 cuz it came out during the month when I didn't have a job. I keep meaning to finish it, I liked it and all.

The only Hideo Kojima autograph I still have is the one he put on the E3 2002 ZOE 2 promo pamphlet, along with Murata and Shinkawa's signatures. Kinda fond of that one.

DFS.

Charles

ZOE 1 controls owned everything IMO, and when it came out it was the first 'story game' worth playing for PS2 so I have really fond memories of it.

Solid

I like ZOE1 as well. It's not the best game but definitely good! I actually like the soundtrack a bit more then ZOE2's.. at least when I listen to them here on my computer. More techno :p

WarPig

The soundtrack I'll allow is kind of a push. I liked the ZOE 2 main theme a million times better, but the rest of the original ZOE soundtrack had some pretty cool beats.

DFS.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
It's been a while since I played the first game and don't recall the music too much (just the title screen music which I ripped to MP3). But ZoE2's music is absolutely awesome, and 100% perfectly fitting for the game. The song "Ardjet" is easily one of my favorite songs in a video game, as well as "Beyond the Bounds" and "Vivid Transparency." It's one of the few soundtracks I have that I can listen to while at work and not fall asleep.

Top Bottom