• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

StuBurns

Banned
Peff said:
I'm not sure of what you're asking exactly (since if I'm not mistaken getting a finisher means you didn't fulfill the conditions for the first Style Command in the first place), but the only commands that don't require button presses or add elemental stuff with Ven are the Air Flair series. The first two are obtained by getting enough CP, the next one two are after walking x steps and the level 6 Finisher is obtained by killing enough enemies from Air Flair 4

I was sure I did it earlier and went from Fever Pitch to Cyclone once I did Stratosphere which is what I unlocked from Air Flair 4.

Jerk

Banned
lol I think that I may be really underleveld.

I am level 30 and I am about to fight what I think to be the last boss.

How hard is he to beat (Terra/Critical)?

Peff

Maybe you filled the bar again by using stratosphere? I really think it's an either/or, plus each Style has its own finisher that is different from the standard ones.

EDIT: It's the hardest story boss, but with the right setup it's a fun fight.

StuBurns

Banned
Peff said:
Maybe you filled the bar again by using stratosphere? I really think it's an either/or, plus each Style has its own finisher that is different from the standard ones.
Yeah maybe, I don't know what in my Battle Command build would have caused Cyclone, I guess I'll go back to looking at that. Thanks.

EDIT: Had Strike Raid in there, switched it for Quick Blitz, that seems to have done it. Thanks.

Just beat Terra's story. Last boss was kinda annoying because the block animation is so damn slow that blocking a lot of his faster attacks were almost impossible.

On to Ventus next.

Jerk

Banned
ExtraKr1spy said:
Just beat Terra's story. Last boss was kinda annoying because the block animation is so damn slow that blocking a lot of his faster attacks were almost impossible.

On to Ventus next.

Yeah, thank goodness for second chance and mine square.

Edit: To get the secret ending, do I just choose 'New Game' and beat the game with the other two? Since I am on critical, do I automatically get it?

Peff

Jerk 2.0 said:
Yeah, thank goodness for second chance and mine square.

Edit: To get the secret ending, do I just choose 'New Game' and beat the game with the other two? Since I am on critical, do I automatically get it?

Yes and no. You also need to finish
the fourth story (it's more like an epilogue) that unlocks once you have the 12 Xehanort Reports. You probably missed one with Terra in the Mirage Arena, the rest are easy to find.

Jerk

Banned
I have three from beating Terra's story.

Can I simply jump into one of my old saves and get it (how do I get it)?

Also, I never used the board game or bothered much with the mini-games, did I miss anything exclusive?

Peff

Yep, you can.
Go to the Mirage Arena and just fight until you get Xehanort's Report V. I think you get it when you defeat the first Iron Prisoner, which is pretty early
. Also, yep, you missed some stuff
the ice cream mini-game has an exclusive Style Command when you beat all the songs, but it's only activated randomly by using ice-cream during battle. The Command Board has an exclusive D-Link (Pete, which you can get by falling on his square), an exclusive ShootLock (in the very first board) and I think some commands scattered around. That's it, I believe.

Jerk

Banned
Peff said:
Yep, you can.
Go to the Mirage Arena and just fight until you get Xehanort's Report V. I think you get it when you defeat the first Iron Prisoner, which is pretty early
. Also, yep, you missed some stuff
the ice cream mini-game has an exclusive Style Command when you beat all the songs, but it's only activated randomly by using ice-cream during battle. The Command Board has an exclusive D-Link (Pete, which you can get by falling on his square), an exclusive ShootLock (in the very first board) and I think some commands scattered around. That's it, I believe.

Thank you Peff, you are awesome.

111o7qd.gif

2poveqh.jpg

Speaking of dancing.

How do you get the Break Time command?

Peff

Fimbulvetr said:
Speaking of dancing.

How do you get the Break Time command?

The pinball area thingy in Disney Town
hit the three/four green spots and then the cage in the middle opens up. It's there for the three characters.

EDIT: Beaten!

Just started but I'm already enjoying it. I knew nothing about the new battle system features going in so this is a pleasant surprise. Will play more later.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I just started playing and forgive me if this has been brought up ad nauseam…but is there really no way to move attack to the square button and jump to X?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
WTF at Terra's part:

Braig at Radiant Garden is impossible to kill. I tried Shoot Lock but it's still difficult because Braig moves around a lot.

Jigsaw

Banned
i've started a few hours ago on proud,beat the first 2 worlds and i'm in love,the combat system's awesomeness can't be described in words,this is so my goty (sorry nier)

and the graphics,my god...just jawdropping...the comic look hides alot of psp's weaknesses like the common low res textures,it looks just on par with the ps2 games

xintin

ULTROS! said:
WTF at Terra's part:

Braig at Radiant Garden is impossible to kill. I tried Shoot Lock but it's still difficult because Braig moves around a lot.
just block his shots (the white ones, not when it goes into cursor mode), he'll do most of the damage in the battle to himself and it'll give you time to load up a shotlock

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
D:

Terra/Xehanort is really giving me a hard time now. I end up dashing constantly to avoid his attacks... any suggestions?

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Peff said:
Yes and no. You also need to finish
the fourth story (it's more like an epilogue) that unlocks once you have the 12 Xehanort Reports. You probably missed one with Terra in the Mirage Arena, the rest are easy to find.
Say what???
a fourth story :O??? With who do you play then

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
About to hit up
P-Pan
after throwing down some command board and whatnot with Terra. I gotta say, the proud mode feels great on this. The bosses take more than one try (sometimes more . . FUCK
YOU ZACK AND EXPERIMENT 221!
) and the combat is just so fluid and invigorating.

Really enjoying it.

duckroll

You know, the best news for everyone who loves the combat improvements in BbS, is that not long after this, Re:Coded will be out on the DS. We won't have to wait to long to get another taste of awesome combat mechanics in KH! :D

BbS = 2010
Re:Coded = 2011
3D = 2012

WHO NEEDS KH3? ALL HAIL S-E OSAKA! <3 <3 <3

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
duckroll said:
You know, the best news for everyone who loves the combat improvements in BbS, is that not long after this, Re:Coded will be out on the DS. We won't have to wait to long to get another taste of awesome combat mechanics in KH! :D

BbS = 2010
3D = 2012

Will it really be that great? I haven't kept up with it at all (though I'll get it anyways . . *sigh*), but if it's as fun as BBS I'm always sold.

Yazus

duckroll said:

BbS = 2010
3D = 2012

You know, I really really think that KH3DS will be infact KH3. We will be probably following Sora and the others again
Sora, Riku and Kairi were on Destiny Island at the end of KH2, so the story will be probably following them
maybe 3 different stories again or maybe finally Sora is main and Riku+Kairi make the definitive party members, could be really ace.

Also the screenshot (very early) for KH for the 3DS does infact show Sora+Riku on the ilands.... who knows, the story in these games are always pretty much fucked up - retconned but I'm hoping for KH3 to be on the 3DS than instead to be on "omg teh ps3" "omfg square abandoned its on the 360" or "omfggg multiplat lololoo"
Also KH3 on consoles would mean no HD town :(

Jerk

Banned
Kagari said:
D:

Terra/Xehanort is really giving me a hard time now. I end up dashing constantly to avoid his attacks... any suggestions?

2 Curaga, Shield Square and as many homing spells you can fit. Also pack a second chance ability.

Try to deflect his dark volley ability and use a max Thunderstorm(sp?) shotlock ability as your B&B.

And yeah, a shitload of dashing.

duckroll

KH3D is not KH3. Nomura has made this very clear. It could be a lead-in to KH3, but it's not KH3 because he feels that KH3 as a title should be made by those who made KH and KH2 (his Tokyo team). But at the same time he feels that the Osaka team has earned the right to make fully featured KH games like BbS, so honestly to actual gamers, it really doesn't matter because it means that KH3D will be like BbS, a fully featured KH game with new worlds, brand new content, new gameplay systems etc.

hamchan

duckroll said:
Nope. It's my favorite. :/

Hey, it might still be mine. I'm only half way so it depends on how much content the game contains compared to KH2FM+. I'm really loving the battle system though.

Also, I'm not melding commands much but I'm getting the impression I should be. I can't really get many combos though.

Peff

hamchan said:
Hey, it might still be mine. I'm only half way so it depends on how much content the game contains compared to KH2FM+. I'm really loving the battle system though.

Also, I'm not melding commands much but I'm getting the impression I should be. I can't really get many combos though.

Buy a bunch of basic stuff like Fire or Blizzard and go crazy from there. The abilities you get from using crystals are very useful, so they're really encouraging you to experiment.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Fighting Venitas, then Mickey appears (something that is always awesome and ridiculous), joint fight with a great track, being expelled to Radiant Garden (hearing that music again gave me the chills)...
Loving this. Finished the area and didn't want to stop but it was very late.

The scene with
Lea and Isa
was cute, and I was entertained by
Isa
always sporting the low poly face even during the close-ups on him. The head model changes (or lack thereof) never fail to provide me with a bit of lulz in KH and FF.

I've been melding a lot, it's so fun (thank the heavens for the recipe items, I hate it when games don't give the slightest clue to the results for no reason and you have to use a faq or reset all the time). I want to unlock a third command board already,
it was delicious to crush Cinderella.

My special edition arrived this morning, my mum nabbed it to give me as a birthday present tomorrow, i'll probably sit and play it at work all day long (can't beleive im buying PSP games again!)

Just about finished Terra's story. Probably gonna take a break afterwards and go back to VC2.

Good game so far.

Also, Master Xehanort never stops gesticulating.

Jerk 2.0 said:
2 Curaga, Shield Square and as many homing spells you can fit. Also pack a second chance ability.

Try to deflect his dark volley ability and use a max Thunderstorm(sp?) shotlock ability as your B&B.

And yeah, a shitload of dashing.

You can just block/counter hammer everything that isn't his meteor spell or ultima cannon.

Pureauthor said:
Also, Master Xehanort never stops gesticulating.

His fingers.

They won't stop wiggling. D:

thefil

I don't have the game, but I just watched the secret ending on YouTube. Glad to see
we will be returning to Sora/Riku/Kairi for one of the next entries

Is it just me, or does the lock-on function in this game blow? Half the time it just randomly deactivates for no discernible reason.

Top Bottom