• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

Jerk

Banned
black_vegeta said:
I just bought the game...ripping it right now to my memory stick.

What is the character order to play to go along with the story?

Terra->Ven->Aqua.

Truth be told, as long as Aqua is last the order of the first 2 does not matter.

Mael

Actually it could go Ven > Terra
minor spoiler about the regular unversed (if that)
I mean the reveal of the unversed is just boring in terra story, I went in blind with Ven first and man it's a good twist

Also it's official it's actually the best game I bought this year.
It's KH1 again, you weren't lying Gaf.

Ferga

black_vegeta said:
Cool, thanks.

Also, what difficulty should I start with? I'm thinking Proud Mode.

Proud if you've played a kh game before i reckon because i found it pretty normal-ish

Critical if you want that 'hard' experience

Ferga said:
Proud if you've played a kh game before i reckon because i found it pretty normal-ish

Critical if you want that 'hard' experience

I played 1 & 2 before and loved them.

Proud Mode it is...my journey begins. :D

Jerk

Banned
Jeels said:
Ugh, he had about one combo of health left in him and I died. =/ I got too nervous.

Do you at least have 'Second Chance' and 'One More'?

Those will make the fight a lot easier.

Jeels

Jerk 2.0 said:
Do you at least have 'Second Chance' and 'One More'?

Those will make the fight a lot easier.

Ya I do. I just need to keep practicing.. I refuse to click continue though, will constantly be "retrying".

Jeels

Beat him! The twisted..something finisher really helps. The one that throws your keyblade across the field and brings it back to you. Perfect for a fight like
terranort
. It was literally my last move.

Aru

Beat the game with Aqua, I started with Ventus for my last game.
Yeah, I chose Aqua before Ventus. I shouldn't have, but well... it's done.

I hope the game explains why
Ventus looks like Roxas

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If I want to start with a new character after beating it with another, do I just start a whole new game? I don't load the save or anything?

I have never played in KH hearts game. Should I play them in order. I know the story sucks, but I'd still kinda want to be surprised by the shitty twists. Will BBS 'spoil' others in the serie? Or do they suck enough that I should just play BBS?

Fantastical said:
If I want to start with a new character after beating it with another, do I just start a whole new game? I don't load the save or anything?

Yeah you can do that, I kept that save from the very start before you pick and just loaded that save each time.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DualShadow said:
Yeah you can do that, I kept that save from the very start before you pick and just loaded that save each time.
Oh, just realized I did that same thing. :D Thanks!

EDIT: Also this game is awesome. It's really been impressing me after I was deeply disappointed with 358/3 Days. God what a boring ass game.

Jigsaw

Banned
DualShadow said:

why?the game asks you if you want to skip the prologue/tutorial if you start a new game

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
So, I finished with Aqua's story the other day. I started with Terra in Proud Mode, but then I realized that I didn't really care and went through Ven and Aqua in Standard Mode. It's good to see that it really won't hinder me getting the secret ending.

I kinda wish they had made Destiny Island into a playable level :3

Hmmm, so I have a question. I beat the game but now have the various mini-games and arena fights for each of the characters to complete. I've noticed however that in Terra and Ven's games the worlds have had their combat levels bumped up and the enemies seem to be dishing out more XP, however Aqua's is still the same as before. Is there anyway to get hers to do the same? I tried beating the final boss of her story (not the finale) but that did nothing.

Aru

Ushojax said:
Other way round.
And yes it does.

Yeah, more or less. The heart of Ventus goes into Sora's. It's a bit light, but oh well.

Also, why would they made the story over complicated by using Sora's face for Vanitas ? :/ There isn't really an explanation for this, or I missed it. I think they just want to confuse us.

Finished the game with the 3 characters and got the real ending. The secret video was interesting and far better than the other secret videos of the previous games.
Well, KH2's secret video was more or less
the introduction CG/last battle of each character
, so it wasn't really difficult to do better than this.

Took me around 43 hours judging by what the game said. But I did a lot of arena missions and treasure/sticker search with Terra.

Ven's part was either too short or easy, or maybe it was because I already completed the game twice already. Only 9 hours to beat his final boss (Proud mode).

Greatest game in the series, though I still love KH2 a lot.

I hope KH3D is at least as good :D

duckroll

Die Squirrel Die said:
Hmmm, so I have a question. I beat the game but now have the various mini-games and arena fights for each of the characters to complete. I've noticed however that in Terra and Ven's games the worlds have had their combat levels bumped up and the enemies seem to be dishing out more XP, however Aqua's is still the same as before. Is there anyway to get hers to do the same? I tried beating the final boss of her story (not the finale) but that did nothing.

I'm pretty sure Aqua's game stats carries over into Last Episode, which would be her version of "post-game" content. You should be playing on the Last Episode save instead of her story save.

duckroll said:
I'm pretty sure Aqua's game stats carries over into Last Episode, which would be her version of "post-game" content. You should be playing on the Last Episode save instead of her story save.

Doesn't that bar access to one of the secret bosses though?

Peff

duckroll said:

That's right, but you can't fight the Mysterious Figure in Last Episode because
Land of Departure is now Castle Oblivion
, so if you want to do that it's best to use the normal save file.

Also, about Vanitas
he looks like whoever is replacing the darkness in Ven's heart, which happens to be Sora

Torquill

Wow, I'm usually pretty gung-ho, hardcore about unlocking secret movies in KH games, but looking at the requirements for Item Completion% in the Trinity Archives. Fuck that. That's asking too much. I maxxed out my damn Journal on a char. That should be enuff. Yay for Youtube I guess.

You know, it's kinda funny, this series a has rich history of hard-ass post-game optional bosses, but before BBS NA only had one, now we have three.

Seda

Torquill said:
Wow, I'm usually pretty gung-ho, hardcore about unlocking secret movies in KH games, but looking at the requirements for Item Completion% in the Trinity Archives. Fuck that. That's asking too much. I maxxed out my damn Journal on a char. That should be enuff. Yay for Youtube I guess.

That's why you play on Proud Mode

Torquill

Seda said:
That's why you play on Proud Mode
I'm not good enough lol. I tried playing KH2 on Proud once. When it took me like 20 tries to beat the giant Nobody at the beginning I figured it wasn't worht the hassle.

Trying to fight
BBS Unknown
now. Sweet jesus he's mean. Also,
Who this hell is this guy? No nobodies have been created yet, and none of them had blue lightsabers. Could a Nobody have formed from Xehanort willingly removing his heart and putting it into Terra?

Aru

Torquill said:
I'm not good enough lol. I tried playing KH2 on Proud once. When it took me like 20 tries to beat the giant Nobody at the beginning I figured it wasn't worht the hassle.

Trying to fight
BBS Unknown
Who this hell is this guy? No nobodies have been created yet, and none of them had blue lightsabers. Could a Nobody have formed from Xehanort willingly removing his heart and putting it into Terra?

Proud mode isn't THAT hard. It's pretty much normal mode for KH fans that played previous games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Torquill said:
Trying to fight
BBS Unknown
For now he's just a shittily designed boss but most people are assuming time travel. Imagine that in KH!

Fuu said:
For now he's just a shittily designed boss but most people are assuming time travel. Imagine that in KH!

Would you say he's a shittier optional boss than Yiazmat from FFXII?

Pureauthor said:
We already had time travel in KH2. Also I peg Mysterious Figure as a time-displaced amnesiac Xion.

'Cept way taller and with completely different powers. Right?

Fuu

Fimbulvetr said:
Would you say he's a shittier optional boss than Yiazmat from FFXII?
Fortunately I'm not familiar with Yiazmat's supposed shittiness.

Pureauthor said:
We already had time travel in KH2. Also I peg Mysterious Figure as a time-displaced amnesiac Xion.
We had? Looks like I'm starting to forget the intricacies of KH's plot... Woohoo!!

Fuu

Pureauthor said:
Timeless River.
Oh snaps, I never took that seriously. Time travelling shenanigans full of plot holes for KH3 (and/or KH3D) confirmed, more Xehanortansems and Soras for everyone.

Torquill

Gave up on
Unknown
. Just too hard. First time I've given up on KH content, but damnit, I don't have the time to put into crap like that anymore lol.

Torquill

Ferga said:
Am i strange for understanding the secret ending on my first viewing?
No. It just connects some dots outright that one could already infer. Aside from
the Ansem and Aqua meeting
it doesn't really present anything new.

I have almost no interest in Re:Coded. It's too soon, I'm KHed out at the moment and it's another rehash. I might just download and watch all the videos. Meh, we'll see.

Jeels

Mr. Wonderful said:
So Disney Town is the most sterile, depressing, and stupid mini-game world/collection that I've ever seen in a game.

I enjoyed the minigames, mostly ice cream and vollyball...sure despite being colorfully detailed it's mostly empty, but thats just BBS in general.

Torquill

Mr. Wonderful said:
So Disney Town is the most sterile, depressing, and stupid mini-game world/collection that I've ever seen in a game.
I have to disagree. The mini-games were all excellent. The world was very small, but the underground locations were all pretty neat.

Torquill

Fuu said:
Too much luck-based crap in the second secret boss fight for my tastes, as long as the computer decides to start spamming the same overpowered attack(s) there's no way around it. The
"everything I do will leave you with 1 hp or kill you lolol"
thing in both secret bosses is just annoying, I hope that's not how they'll be handled in the next games. Great music though.
I agree completely. Especially the gang-bang attack. All I can do is spam some surges and hope I don't miss any. That move is ultimately the reason I quit trying him. I'd be doing flawlessly and half the time he used that I'd die. Meh.

Top Bottom