• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

Jigsaw

Banned
iirc time splicer raped
vanitas
pretty badly

I'm really surprised, but I think I enjoyed Days more as a game

i punched my ds in the face because of the fucking camera,this game is so easy even on proud until the game suddenly decides to take off the lock on

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Where are all these magic abilites that I missed out on? Fusion? I have some decent magic stuff, but nothing earth shattering.

Holmes

Adam Prime said:
:lol nothing is more amusing than Cinderalla's ball.
There's only three people at the entire "ball"
There's also the Olympus Coliseum, where you can hear the "crowd" cheer, but there's no one in the stands. :lol

I beat Terra's story last night... I prefer Ventus, though. He has better movement and he's more fun to play with. Aqua seems interesting so far, in that she takes forever to kill enemies. Gotta meld better commands. :/

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm about ready to say fuck it to this game, I know I still have two more bosses plus the bonus episode bosses. I don't think I've ever given up on a game before, hell if I could put the setting down to Normal instead of Proud I'd go ahead and finish it.

Now I think I'll just YouTube the ending... but actually I probably won't because, I don't give a shit. :lol The game was fun, but the story was just a bunch of "uhh okay".

JEKKI

man Ive been trying to play this game and now Im like fukk this game!!!

spent a whole day playing Terra story trying to beat
Xehanort

stupid azz mother freakin meteor move that's damn near impossible to dodge or block and kills u the moment a single rock hits you.

I already have problems with the game... bad camera, unresponsive combat, extremely vulnerable startup and recovery animation in moves, enemy ability to break out of hitstun, no invincible moves for the player other than the shot lock, inconsistent damage being dealt to enemies, etc.

but whatever... I can deal with it, until the game throws an attack at you that's going to kill you 95% of the time, and when you do survive it he throws it out again when you no longer have a full HP bar!!

so yah. Im angry, rage quitting the shyt out of this game, selling it, and had to post somewhere on the internet to vent it!!

Oyashiro

What the fuck, I feel so ashamed of myself. I'm playing in Normal mode, Terra's story, and I cannot beat this motherfucker first boss. The red thing with the wheel. Fuck this guy. I can't figure out what the shit I'm supposed to do. He's got like 19 body parts to aim at and I can't figure out which one the game wants me to target. I'm assuming it's the wheel he keeps tossing around, but I'm doing barely any damage to it. This is so frustratiiiiiiiiing :|

Oyashiro said:
What the fuck, I feel so ashamed of myself. I'm playing in Normal mode, Terra's story, and I cannot beat this motherfucker first boss. The red thing with the wheel. Fuck this guy. I can't figure out what the shit I'm supposed to do. He's got like 19 body parts to aim at and I can't figure out which one the game wants me to target. I'm assuming it's the wheel he keeps tossing around, but I'm doing barely any damage to it. This is so frustratiiiiiiiiing :|

That was a really tough first boss. Although I played on Proud Mode, none of the other bosses besides the final one were as difficult.

Speaking of BBS, I finished Terra's story several months ago. I liked it a bit more than Ventus's, but the problem is that I have no motivation to finish the game with Aqua's story. Maybe I'll wait a little while until I'm in the mood for some keyblade hack n' slash fun.

Jeels

JEKKI said:

Xehanort

stupid azz mother freakin meteor move that's damn near impossible to dodge or block and kills u the moment a single rock hits you.

I already have problems with the game... bad camera, unresponsive combat, extremely vulnerable startup and recovery animation in moves, enemy ability to break out of hitstun, no invincible moves for the player other than the shot lock, inconsistent damage being dealt to enemies, etc.

but whatever... I can deal with it, until the game throws an attack at you that's going to kill you 95% of the time, and when you do survive it he throws it out again when you no longer have a full HP bar!!

so yah. Im angry, rage quitting the shyt out of this game, selling it, and had to post somewhere on the internet to vent it!!

Are you kidding, the meteor move is completely blockable. :)

Oyashiro

Finally got past it. I randomly attempted to play the board game but it's convoluted, confusing, and annoying as hell. I don't HAVE to play it, right? Will I be at a huge disadvantage if I don't?

Anyway, so far, the game is alright. I didn't really know what to expect... I played both KH1 and 2 and liked them, but that was a long time ago. I don't know if I just don't remember this or if I'm just growing old, but man, these cutscenes are painful to watch. They're sooo slow, overdramatic, overacted... I just wanna skip them all :| Maybe it's cause I just started the game, or maybe it's because it's Square Enix, lol.

jvalioli

JEKKI said:

Xehanort

After my last post in this thread I did a rage quit on the same boss. Might pick it back up since I'm on break now.:lol

The command board is great for leveling commands, but that happens in battle too, so it's not necessary. I was pretty confused at first too, but after a few games I got the hang of it and spent a huge amount of time on it (because it was so much fun).

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So I just finished Birth by Sleep with all 3 characteres on Proud mode (Aqua as last) en found all 12 Xehanort reports, now how do I play the Final chapter?..

Mael

Kingsora said:
So I just finished Birth by Sleep with all 3 characteres on Proud mode (Aqua as last) en found all 12 Xehanort reports, now how do I play the Final chapter?..

Same here, I finished the 3 stories in Normal mode, got all the reports and finished the Final chapter and....where the hell is my teaser trailer?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mael said:
Same here, I finished the 3 stories in Normal mode, got all the reports and finished the Final chapter and....where the hell is my teaser trailer?

There is no teaser trailer as such. 'Blank Points' is the special movie that is unlocked after you finish the final chapter. You can view it in the movie theatre.

Mael

Ushojax said:
There is no teaser trailer as such. 'Blank Points' is the special movie that is unlocked after you finish the final chapter. You can view it in the movie theatre.

It can't be seen when you finish the game 100%? I mean after the end sequence like in KH1?

Ushojax

Mael said:
It can't be seen when you finish the game 100%? I mean after the end sequence like in KH1?

I don't think it plays on it's own, I think you have to go into the bonus section and watch it.

Kingsora

Kingsora said:
Anyone?

Peff

Are you sure you aren't missing one of them (probably V)? As soon as you obtain the last one you get a prompt to create a different save to continue the story.

Kingsora

Peff said:
Are you sure you aren't missing one of them (probably V)? As soon as you obtain the last one you get a prompt to create a different save to continue the story.
Nope thats not it, I got all twelve...

Kingsora

I just finished aqua again and the battle report said: Report completion 51%

Does that have anything to do with it? Because when I look in the trinity archives, I can see all the 12 reports..

Aru

Kingsora said:

Does that have anything to do with it? Because when I look in the trinity archives, I can see all the 12 reports..

Isn't there a 13th report ? An introduction report or something that you can only have with Ven ? I don't remember very well.

Ushojax

Kingsora said:

Did you keep clear saves for each character? I think you have to have all 3 on one memory stick for the final chapter to unlock.

Kingsora

Aru said:
Isn't there a 13th report ? An introduction report or something that you can only have with Ven ? I don't remember very well.
not that i am aware off.,

Oyashiro

Well damn. I'm almost done with Terra's story but
Master Eraqus
is kicking my ass. Cannot manage to beat this guy. I usually get really close to beating him, and I can block/dodge all of his attacks except one -- the fucking sword rush he does out of nowhere. I ALWAYS get caught in it, and even when I mash the square button in hopes that I'll block on of them, it never happens. I've had times where I have almost a full bar of life and he does like 5 rushes in a row and kills me. :/

Jigsaw

Banned
Oyashiro said:
Well damn. I'm almost done with Terra's story but
Master Eraqus
is kicking my ass. Cannot manage to beat this guy. I usually get really close to beating him, and I can block/dodge all of his attacks except one -- the fucking sword rush he does out of nowhere. I ALWAYS get caught in it, and even when I mash the square button in hopes that I'll block on of them, it never happens. I've had times where I have almost a full bar of life and he does like 5 rushes in a row and kills me. :/

if you have problems with him already then the final boss will kick your ass

just get a few levels at peter pan's hideout (it won't take longer than 2 minutes),a meager +1 attack really does wonders in this game

Oyashiro

Jigsaw said:
if you have problems with him already then the final boss will kick your ass

just get a few levels at peter pan's hideout (it won't take longer than 2 minutes),a meager +1 attack really does wonders in this game
Hm... Alright, fair enough. Guess I need to go grind, then. What level should I be, anyway? I'm 23 right now.

Also, so glad I can change the difficulty once I'm done with this character. I think I'm gonna do the other 2 on Easy. I just won't have enough time to sink 35-40 hrs on this. :(

EDIT: Alright, I got a little overboard and went up 10 levels :p Feels good, man. Anyway, can someone explain to me these two things, please...

1) Finish Commands. How exactly do I unlock the "???" ones? For example, for my LV2 I have a red, brown, and yellow skill. The red one is "???", the brown one is Rising Rock 1, and the yellow one is "???" as well but the exp bar on this one is almost full. How exactly do I get experience for these?

2) D-Links. I don't really get how to level them up. I usually never use D Links because I always forget about them and they're really weak, but I randomly started using Zack and he somehow leveled up extremely quickly. Now he has extra skills and he's pretty decent. However, I've been using Ven as a D Link a lot more often and he hasn't leveled up at all.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Sorry for the bump, but I picked this up last week. I'm at the end of Terra's story, but I'm stuck at the second fight against Xehanort, as he keeps on whipping my ass until it's good, red and raw :| I'm currently at level 34, should I grind to level up some more? Any tips on how to defeat him, what magic/techniques I should have in my deck etc.?

And yeah, the game's pretty damn good. I'm don't like it quite as much as KH1, but this is way, way better than KH2 and KH:CoM/Re:CoM

Oyashiro said:

The first boss was surprisingly hard. The first boss, Eraqus and the final fight against Xehanort are the only ones I've had any trouble with (and Eraqus took like three tries to defeat).

Combichristoffersen said:
Sorry for the bump, but I picked this up last week. I'm at the end of Terra's story, but I'm stuck at the second fight against Xehanort, as he keeps on whipping my ass until it's good, red and raw :| I'm currently at level 34, should I grind to level up some more? Any tips on how to defeat him, what magic/techniques I should have in my deck etc.?

And yeah, the game's pretty damn good. I'm don't like it quite as much as KH1, but this is way, way better than KH2 and KH:CoM/Re:CoM
Don't worry about magic techniques. What you should be doing is getting the abilities: Once More and Second Chance and Leaf Bracer. Just get those and practice blocking and countering. Though an alternative to block and counter is spamming Thunder surge and ShotLock. If you don't have thunder surge, just combine something like freeze raid + thundara or confusion strike + thundara. Just make a bunch of those. As for the abilities, gamefaqs has an image with all the recipes that will be helpful.

http://i.imgur.com/xZ0ur.png

Combichristoffersen

Crewnh said:
Don't worry about magic techniques. What you should be doing is getting the abilities: Once More and Second Chance and Leaf Bracer. Just get those and practice blocking and countering. Though an alternative to block and counter is spamming Thunder surge and ShotLock. If you don't have thunder surge, just combine something like freeze raid + thundara or confusion strike + thundara. Just make a bunch of those. As for the abilities, gamefaqs has an image with all the recipes that will be helpful.

http://i.imgur.com/xZ0ur.png

I have Thunder Surge and Leaf Bracer, but how do I shot web get Once More and Second Chance?

I have Thunder Surge and Leaf Bracer, but how do I shot web get Once More and Second Chance?
Fira + Fira + Wellspring Crystal = Once More
Blizzara + Blizzara + Pulsing Crystal = Second Chance

Phatcorns

I'm sure this has been discussed ad infinitum, but what the hell is wrong with Aqua and Terra's voice actors? Did they just fucking read the script like a robot or something. Good lord, Terra's is bad, but Aqua makes me want to strangle her and get some fucking emotion going.

It's so incongruous with the series because the voice acting is usually one of my favorite parts.

Anyway, on a more positive note, this is one of the best games I have ever played and the KH team is absolutely beastly. Versus 13 is going to blow our minds I believe.

Phatcorns

The first boss was surprisingly hard. The first boss, Eraqus and the final fight against Xehanort are the only ones I've had any trouble with (and Eraqus took like three tries to defeat).

Yeah, use block and counter against Xehanort. Does a ridiculous amount of damage and is effective against just about all of his attacks.

Hey is there a guide for these finish commands and special Meld Commands? I want to know what im missing for my Aqua play through since for the others I just brute forced it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
xKilltheMx said:
Hey is there a guide for these finish commands and special Meld Commands? I want to know what im missing for my Aqua play through since for the others I just brute forced it.

yeah there's a pretty good one on GameFaqs that I used while I was playing through the game, very helpful.

I find the difficulty of the boss fights in this game to be incredibly uneven and, at times, frustrating. On Normal at that. All of the enemies are a cake-wake, completely brain dead no real challenge. Near the end of Terra's campaign I found the camera, in those vortex fights, to be what I fought the most.

Some boss fights are as brain dead simple as the standard enemy encounters, and then there's some that just destroy you and I don't get it. BbS just goes from zero to rape. The fight against
Vanitas and Xehanort
was brain dead simple, the fight against
Terra-Xehanort as your armor
is beyond frustrating. There's no difficulty curve, it's just uneven. I think what annoys me the most is that blocking isn't a command you can do on reaction, it's slow to come out, it's sluggish, and you can't use block to break some of these combo attacks. You just get to sit there and watch yourself get fucked.

There's been two or three encounters in the game like this. It's fun up until random, frustrating difficulty spike.

Edit:
Fuck it. This fight is bullshit. I'm not going to go grind for hours, or re-work my deck to have nothing but curative items for this encounter because that means going through and skipping multiple cutscenes as well as fighting
Vanitas and Xehanort
again. Which would be easy, the point is it's filler and annoying to repeat, I've already done it once. I guard and counter, guard and counter, then he busts out more bullshit attacks, flinging meteors at me. It's a war of attrition with my current command deck being restricted to three Mega-Potions and a bunch of attacks that are suddenly useless to even try and use.

JCX

Joining in on the frustration train, I'm stuck at
Ven's final battle against Vanitas because the analog nub SUCKS SO MUCH!
It's not even like
Terra vs Terranort, because at least that is about skill and well timed blocking. Ven's final is just using the horrible analog nub.

Rage.

Yeah, it was just a matter of adding a few more curative abilities and items, two cura's and a hi-potion to go along with the mega-potions, to my deck to survive the encounter with
Terra-Xehanort

Terra's campaign down, now on to Ventus'.

Combichristoffersen

Phatcorns said:
Yeah, use block and counter against Xehanort. Does a ridiculous amount of damage and is effective against just about all of his attacks.

Oh God, I have to use blocking? Blocking in this game is horrible. Takes forever to pull off, and misses 95% of the time.

Takes forever to pull off, and misses 95% of the time.

Blocking doesn't miss.

You'd have to be facing the wrong direction with Terra or Ven, or trying to stop an unblockable attack.

Combichristoffersen

Fimbulvetr said:
Blocking doesn't miss.

You'd have to be facing the wrong direction with Terra or Ven, or trying to stop an unblockable attack.

Always seems to miss when I try to block Xehanort's attacks, but I guess it's just due to blocking being shittastically slow in this game

Top Bottom