• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

tim.mbp

Clott said:
I really want a white PSP but I think it's only available in Nippon, would I be able to import it which i have nothing against, and be able to play state side games on it?

A white PSP-3000 was released with the Assassin's Creed bundle.

Jeels

tim.mbp said:
A white PSP-3000 was released with the Assassin's Creed bundle.

Yup, thats the one I have (bought it from a Gaffer actually), but you can buy a white PSP from Japan, it'll still play games in the States, I'm pretty sure its region free.

Clott

I checked out the AC PSP but it has a glitter finish. Thanks for the advice guys, I will be putting my order now and look forward to the huge collection of portable titles at my disposal. To be honest I may probably be using it only for travel, when at home I will opt for the PC/Console alternatives, but you never know, maybe it tempts me to play in bed!
That's what she said

Volcynika

Eh, what the hell. Getting this for $20 makes it easier to swallow with all these other games coming out these next couple of months :lol

(Amazon credit)

Luigi87

Huzzah, my copy shipped... Now to wait until Tuesday for delivery.
This long...long wait since beating KH2 is almost over...

Definitely want this, but I want to see where I can get it at a discount. After Metroid Other M and Valkryia Chronicles 2, I don't know if I have it in me to drop down another $40 especially since Halo Reach comes out the following week!

I think Frys is selling it at $33, which isn't bad. Hopefully it isn't online-only.

I played through most of KH1 but KH2 dominated nearly a week or two of my life, had surprisingly a lot of fun out of it. I really liked Roxas, and extremely disliked Sora donald goofy and co. I'm supposing I'd like this game? Or is the story too far out there? KH2 seemed to wrap everything up. Not sure where else the plot could go, even prequel wise,

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game went on the top 5 for next month's NPDs.

The KH series always sells well. Makes me really wonder if we'll ever get any new news on a console KH game... :(

Don't want to wait 5 years, you know. :(

Jeels

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game went on the top 5 for next month's NPDs.

The KH series always sells well. Makes me really wonder if we'll ever get any new news on a console KH game... :(

We'll see if it can, Dissidia was one of the most pirated games ever, didn't break 500k in the states, and was still the highest selling PSP game of 2009. =/ Peace Walker didn't manage to do very well either. Let's see if KH can do it.

Paznos

Grimmy said:
Wow surprised that it's #2 on Amazon's bestseller list - right under Halo Reach
I know that's pretty surprising imo but nice to see. Just wish Valkryia Chronicles 2 was right behind it.

hamchan

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

Hopefully it does but the PSP has really dropped off.

Spiegel said:

OK I am a member of the 358/2 Days Defense force and even I think that BBS is a better game.

Varth said:
BbS is the right one for you, then. Story is very straightforward, and even the nods to what-happened-here-and-there are pretty much self explanatory in the whole game.

Yes. Unlike every other game in the series, this game is completely stand alone. You can play and get pretty much the entire plot except for a few nods at the absolute very end. References to the earlier games in the series are just there so people who've played them can go "Ooohh yeah, that."

jaxword

Clott said:
This may be a bit out of place of a question but in the last few months I have been really itching for a PSP, I have finally had enough and would like to catch up on games such as Crisis Core and have lots of Jrpg's in my pocket on the go.

I really want a white PSP but I think it's only available in Nippon, would I be able to import it which i have nothing against, and be able to play state side games on it?

Check your PMs. :) I have one collector's edition I'll sell/trade, with Axel strap and other goodies.

So which psp(s) feature dualshock support and video output? And are they worth it? My wife likes the KH series and psp isn't exactly ideal for playing a game that someone likes to watch. I wish handheld games would stick to quick play style games and not rpgs and story driven games that people play at their homes anyway. /rant.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So which psp(s) feature dualshock support and video output? And are they worth it? My wife likes the KH series and psp isn't exactly ideal for playing a game that someone likes to watch. I wish handheld games would stick to quick play style games and not rpgs and story driven games that people play at their homes anyway. /rant.

Well, the PSP GO has Dualshock input AND video output.
Shame the game isn't coming out on the PS Store... :lol

I have a PSP GO :(

DR2K

Banned
I have this preordered from Amazon. Free release date delivery and everything. Plus $10 credit. I haven't bought a UMD in over a year.

Aeana

GameFly shipped it out for me this morning, which I found to be pretty strange. Wasn't expecting that until Wednesday.

hamchan

Square Triangle said:
Playing Kingdom Hearts 1 now for the first time, trying to get into the series to see what I've been missing.

I think the first KH plays rather horribly to be quite honest, that camera is especially way too close and damn that underwater stage to hell.

It's worth a playthrough but I really like the future games in the series much more.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jaxword said:
Check your PMs. :) I have one collector's edition, with Axel strap and other goodies.

KHPSPimageexplosion.JPGs

Ahh, I kind of wanted that one, but most import places sold out of it fairly fast.

hamchan said:
I think the first KH plays rather horribly to be quite honest, that camera is especially way too close and damn that underwater stage to hell.

Yeah, hasn't aged well.

Make sure to be a mage or defender; only losers play as warriors.

xero273

Mejilan said:
*surprised*
Got a shipping notification earlier today from Amazon.

I guess this is how they are going to do release date shipping for the game since Monday is a holiday.

Saiduck09

Neo Member
hamchan said:

It's worth a playthrough but I really like the future games in the series much more.
while it does play kinda crummy now, i gotta say i think they story was more solid the first time around, though you are right, i think the second game plays way better. im super stoked about this new one though! the DS game fell a little flat for me, its the only one i havnt beaten - and i played the gba one thru both times as sora and rikku

I can see your point now about the camera issues, it's def. a fight every time I face enemies- having to seeing the camera around a lot. Also the gummi ship mini game thing is annoying as hell =/ Also I did pick warrior, am I screwed?

Square Triangle said:
I can see your point now about the camera issues, it's def. a fight every time I face enemies- having to seeing the camera around a lot. Also the gummi ship mini game thing is annoying as hell =/ Also I did pick warrior, am I screwed?

Out of 1 MP point, sure. But it's not going to matter unless you're a completionist.

Square Triangle said:

No, but you are a loser. :p

In reality it takes you a while to learn guard and you're probably bad at magic.

No big deal, you're just going to have to learn to love attack and Dodgeroll. And limit breaks I guess.

Make sure you lock-on to every enemy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ahh KH1, the reason I bought a PS2 along with FFX and one of my most replayed games back then. The camera is ass but lock-on solved most of the problems for me.

Nice to see some in the thread getting interested in the series with BbS. Welcome to our convoluted fun!

Snaku

Banned
Bah, guess I got my order in too late, since Amazon isn't offering Release Day Shipping anymore (even though it still says it on the order page). Won't be shipped till the 13th. :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I gotta reserve my copy tomorrow. :T

FFFFFFFFFF.

I lent out my two normal PSPs to two friends currently in states different from my own. And now I'm left with my PSP GO.

Damnit.

corn_fest

Man, I wish I still had a PSP to play this game.
I'm hesitant to pick one up though, seems like a 4000 model or a price drop is just around the corner. Money's a little tight too:lol

Top Bottom