• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

Fimbulvetr said:
It's all right.

One of his attacks breaks the fourth wall.

Dammit, that was one of my ideas for stuff a secret boss does :(

I'm sure it's been done a million times before anyway.

Phloxy

ok, I'm a PSP Go owner. Gonna keep my PSP Go though. Sooo, which is better to grab on the cheap, PSP 2000 or PSP 3000?

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I had framerate drops until I clocked in it menu/ installed . . and no problems since. Runs beautifully, super fluid and I even ran the 32 bit colors too.

Game's crazy awesome. I'm going through as Venty first, though I think I should have chosen Terra. I've done fourish worlds and I'm having a blast. I love the monoply/mario party upgrade system.

I'm someone who really enjoyed 309/20/8/4 days, too.

Aeana said:
Go into the configuration and set the CPU speed to the higher option.

Exactly.

Osietra

Banned
For those who already have it, what's the best difficulty setting to play on? I'd like a challenge, but not an impossible one, and this will be my first KH experience.

CryptiK

Fidelis Hodie said:
I had framerate drops until I clocked in it menu/ installed . . and no problems since. Runs beautifully, super fluid and I even ran the 32 bit colors too.

Game's crazy awesome. I'm going through as Venty first, though I think I should have chosen Terra. I've done fourish worlds and I'm having a blast. I love the monoply/mario party upgrade system.

I'm someone who really enjoyed 309/20/8/4 days, too.

Exactly.
I use CFW it wont let me install the game comes up with an error. Is clocking the CPU dangerous for the PSP? And whats this about 32bit colours?

KH Vets might wanna take critical for a challange... After small grinding Proud Mode becomes Easy mode.

Peff

CryptiK said:
I use CFW it wont let me install the game comes up with an error. Is clocking the CPU dangerous for the PSP? And whats this about 32bit colours?

KH Vets might wanna take critical for a challange... After small grinding Proud Mode becomes Easy mode.

It drains the battery life faster but that's about it, if you're playing at home you can just plug in the AC adaptor. 32-bit colour makes dithering disappear but it looks a bit softer, just go with the one that you like the best.

CryptiK

Peff said:
It drains the battery life faster but that's about it, if you're playing at home you can just plug in the AC adaptor. 32-bit colour makes dithering disappear but it looks a bit softer, just go with the one that you like the best.
how high should I clock it? and where do I enable 32bit.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
It was all under the config menu in-game.

And did anyone choose the one harder than proud? Proud kicks my ass if I start just mashing buttons. Love the battle system. On one hand it seems really easy to blow by everything, but bosses always catch me off guard when I don't have anything to heal with. And it doesn't help that I'm stubborn and don't like to try a different deck combination. :lol

V_Ben

Banned
I fished my 1000 out of a cupboard today. Damn thing won't turn on unless its connected to a power supply :lol

The things I do for some games :D

StuBurns

Banned
So it works with CFW, good news, can't wait to try it, no extended delay between the US and UK release too, very cool. Enjoy it GAFfers.

CryptiK

Fidelis Hodie said:
It was all under the config menu in-game.

And did anyone choose the one harder than proud? Proud kicks my ass if I start just mashing buttons. Love the battle system. On one hand it seems really easy to blow by everything, but bosses always catch me off guard when I don't have anything to heal with. And it doesn't help that I'm stubborn and don't like to try a different deck combination. :lol
for ths first boss I grinded till I hit level 11 went to the boss and beat tehs hit out of him no probs.

hamchan

CryptiK said:
for ths first boss I grinded till I hit level 11 went to the boss and beat tehs hit out of him no probs.

Pretty much grind if you want proud to be easy, don't grind if you want proud to be hard.

duckroll

hamchan said:
Pretty much grind if you want proud to be easy, don't grind if you want proud to be hard.

It doesn't really matter either way though. Proud just isn't hard enough for those looking for a challenge. Playing through the game normally will be more than enough to power you up very quickly. You don't need to grind. Normal = super easy, Proud = easy.

Hopefully Critical makes up for the lack of challenge in the JP version!

hamchan

I'm just happy they included critical mode. The lack of critical mode in an English version of KH2 made me sad.

CryptiK

I wonder if a Final Mix version will come for this. Most likely as the English version has additions.

freaking NA getting PSP Decals I WANT!

Peff

CryptiK said:
I wonder if a Final Mix version will come for this. Most likely as the English version has additions.

Yeah, they'll most likely announce it very soon. Fortunately this time it doesn't look like they can fit anything else on the UMD and the extra content we have is already quite juicy so I think we won't be missing anything big.

duckroll said:
You don't need to grind. Normal = super easy, Proud = easy.

Hopefully Critical makes up for the lack of challenge in the JP version!

hamchan said:
I'm just happy they included critical mode. The lack of critical mode in an English version of KH2 made me sad.

I beg your pardon gents? Is critical available from the start? I was going to play proud mode but this lack of challenge doesn't instill masochistic confidence.

Peff

Yep, Critical is now one of the four difficulty modes you can choose from at the beginning. Apparently you deal half the damage and take double. You also start with EXP Zero, an ability that keeps you at level 1 (or if you unequip it and then equip it later, whatever level you were then).

Peff said:
Yep, Critical is now one of the four difficulty modes you can choose from at the beginning. Apparently you deal half the damage and take double. You also start with EXP Zero, an ability that keeps you at level 1 (or if you unequip it and then equip it later, whatever level you were then).

.....tasty

Bebpo

Banned
What's the point of playing on a higher difficulty mode if you're going to run around in circles and grind to be overleveled?

If you wanted an easy experience, why wouldn't you just play on a lower difficulty level where you can get the same experience without wasting any time grinding?

I never had to grind once in BBS. I just played the game normally.

Epcott

Waited 2 years for this game... the moment is finally here! :D
Too bad I have a PSP Go

*womp womp*

I wonder if 3rd Birthday and FFXIII Agito will be PSN'less as well?

Jerk

Banned
Epcott said:
Waited 2 years for this game... the moment is finally here! :D
Too bad I have a PSP Go

*womp womp*

I wonder if 3rd Birthday and FFXIII Agito will be PSN'less as well?

Probably not, but as this game has shown, God hates the PsPGo, so...

Takao

Banned
Jerk 2.0 said:
Probably not, but as this game has shown, God hates the PsPGo, so...

The Third Birthday has been confirmed for PSN. Agito probably will be there when it's released as well.

I don't think either of those games have ties to Disney so it's pretty safe to assume they'll get released on PSN. Isn't that all that's keeping KH from PSN, the Disney vs. download situation?

V_Ben

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I don't think either of those games have ties to Disney so it's pretty safe to assume they'll get released on PSN. Isn't that all that's keeping KH from PSN, the Disney vs. download situation?

The disney v digital thing is all kinds of f*cked. They've been releasing PS1 classics on the store, so its all kinds of dumb.

Eh? From what I know of the storyline, Disney worlds are the best integrated they've ever been (with the runner up being KH1, of course).

Wazzim

Banned
Peff said:
Eurogamer review, 7/10 Seems like most complaints are directed at how the Disney worlds aren't all that well integrated? Eh.
They are obviously just looking for hits, it is in NO way possible for this game to get a 7/10.
I played the JPN version and the EU one will soon be mine (10sept.->store=win) and I can confirm that it is a load of bull. 9/10 IMO

CryptiK

I really had hoped for a Toy Story World in this :( Why wouldnt you want the Toy Story world Disney/Square get onto it!

Epcott

V_Ben said:
The disney v digital thing is all kinds of f*cked. They've been releasing PS1 classics on the store, so its all kinds of dumb.

So that's the reason? I never realized disney had a problem with digital releases. I thought this was just a SE decision... like how there is still no Final Fantasy Crisis Core on PSN >:-(

CryptiK said:
I really had hoped for a Toy Story World in this :( Why wouldnt you want the Toy Story world Disney/Square get onto it!

Im guessing Pixar have some say in it, no film they have done has been in a KH game has it?

CryptiK

kyo_daikun said:
Im guessing Pixar have some say in it, no film they have done has been in a KH game has it?
nope. I highly doubt Pixar have a say at all Disney owns the properties and pixar.

Yeah they are just a subsidiary so there shouldnt be any problem, maybe they think that if they are in KH it might detract from their movie tie in games? Who knows :lol

Incredibles, cars and toy story would undoubtebly be awesome in KH.

Top Bottom