• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

xero273

Jerk 2.0 said:
Does not using the game-panel thingie affect you in combat?

I really am not a fan of boardgames.

no you don't have to use it. It's another method for leveling your commands early in the game but later on fighting enemies is enough

CryptiK said:
nope. I highly doubt Pixar have a say at all Disney owns the properties and pixar.

That's not really true. It is true that the company is now Disney•Pixar, but Pixar remains their own separate entity in regards to legal proceedings and corporate policies. All their properties are owned by Pixar.

Not to mention that it's not really Disney•Pixar at all; it's more like Pixar's Disney with how leadership has changed in the last few years in Disney. Pixar absolutely has a say on whether or not their properties are used.

xero273

black_vegeta said:
Has it been confirmed if the UMD will be able to run on Gen 5.50 D3 w/Prometheus cfw?

CryptiK said:
I use CFW it wont let me install the game comes up with an error. Is clocking the CPU dangerous for the PSP? And whats this about 32bit colours?

KH Vets might wanna take critical for a challange... After small grinding Proud Mode becomes Easy mode.

yes it works on cfw

Aeana

Jerk 2.0 said:
Does not using the game-panel thingie affect you in combat?

I really am not a fan of boardgames.
The command board simply gives you a way to level your commands in a non-combat setting. Also, it's a good way to get new commands.

I like it, personally. I never expected a Nomura game to include an Itadaki Street clone.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Aeana said:
The command board simply gives you a way to level your commands in a non-combat setting. Also, it's a good way to get new commands.

I like it, personally. I never expected a Nomura game to include an Itadaki Street clone.

Yeah, I didn't think I'd like the Command board too much but it's a lot of fun. I've almost spent more time with it than the story.

Takao

Banned
Disney is pretty weird in terms of digital distribution. For example, their Toy Story 3 video game is on PSN in Europe, but isn't on PSN in North America. The same goes for a bunch of other Disney games.

duckroll said:
No it hasn't. It probably will be confirmed soon, but it's not confirmed yet.

Ah, my mistake then. I thought it was confirmed alongside Tactics Ogre.

Yeah, I'd like to imagine Pixar titles being in KH3. Monster's Inc would be great especially if the characters take on a monster form while in that world. Toy Story of course as toy versions.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Any word on the euro price for the SE?

39696_117751168275292_100394823344260_126961_4242391_n.jpg

Kingsora said:
Any word on the euro price for the SE?

I'm not 100% sure but when I changed my preorder from regular to SE on Amazon it was only a couple of pounds more expensive (£24.something to £26.something if I remember right).

Peff

Officially it's 50€, ten euros more expensive than the regular (and the equivalent in pounds, 29.99 and 39.99 I guess) but you can find it cheaper online. It doesn't look as good as Dissidia's, sadly
but I'm still buying it lol

CryptiK

DeathbyVolcano said:
That's not really true. It is true that the company is now Disney•Pixar, but Pixar remains their own separate entity in regards to legal proceedings and corporate policies. All their properties are owned by Pixar.

Not to mention that it's not really Disney•Pixar at all; it's more like Pixar's Disney with how leadership has changed in the last few years in Disney. Pixar absolutely has a say on whether or not their properties are used.
Toy Story is owned by Disney.

Cloudy

Banned
I just watched a trailer and it seems like they recycled "Simple and Clean" for this game too. That seems pretty cheap and tacky...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Cloudy said:
I just watched a trailer and it seems like they recycled "Simple and Clean" for this game too. That seems pretty cheap and tacky...
Well, by now we shouldn't expect a new main vocal track for not numbered entries in the series. I think it's nice that they used Simple and Clean/Hikari instead of Passion/Sanctuary though, considering the game happens before KH1.

Cloudy

Banned
Maybe I'm crazy but why can't they use any of her other songs? Unless she's writing these songs just for KH (I highly doubt this)

Jerk

Banned
Cloudy said:
Maybe I'm crazy but why can't they use any of her other songs? Unless she's writing these songs just for KH (I highly doubt this)

I suppose it cost more to pay her to do a new song than it does to just remix something they already had.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Cloudy said:
That is the case, the songs were specifically made for KH. They were sold as normal singles but she was commissioned to produce them for the games in both instances, so even if they could it would feel out of place to use one of her existing unrelated songs instead. When BbS was announced I did think it was enough of a big deal to warrant a new track but heh.

duckroll

Cloudy said:

Utada Hikaru wrote the songs specifically for KH and KH2. This is why both songs have two versions - a Japanese version for Japan (Hikari and Passion) and an English version for the west (Simple & Clean and Sanctuary). The contract requires her to specifically write a song which can be sung in English and Japanese. She finds that hard and annoying, and after KH2 she expressed that they don't pay as well as she would like for all the trouble, so she isn't very interested in doing it anymore.

So that is why they have been recycling her old KH songs over and over and over, because she doesn't want to make a new one. If KH3 ever comes, I expect a new artist to be involved.

Foffy

Banned
I've been playing it for a while now (Awwh yeah, local stores) and I'm feeling like trying to complete everything in the game before encountering the final bosses of each story. I'm having trouble here, and hopefully people who mastered the JP version or on similar grounds to me can help. The following is based on Terra's story, at around 33 hours in...:D

- It seems I'm missing a D-Link after
Peter Pan
, so did I miss anything or
is it related to the final fight? That's the only aspect of the main story that hasn't been touched by me.
- I'm also missing
Focus Block
and I figure I have to make that or something. Any tips on Command combos? I have all of Terra's attack and magic commands, and that's the only block ability I'm still missing. The same applies for
Ragnarok
, a Shoot Lock ability.
- What do I have to do to advance to Level 29 in the Mirage Arena? I've completed every open task to me, but I'm just stuck at Level 28. The Report Book even shows two Arena Missions with ???? marks, so what do I have to do to unlock them?
- It also seems I'm missing one final finisher for Terra. How do I get it?

duckroll

Pureauthor said:
duckroll, you messed the names up - It's 'Simple & Clean' and 'Hikari' for KH1, 'Passion' and 'Sanctuary' for KH2.

:D

Errr no I didn't. Read what I was talking about in the first place. :p

psycho17

This is the second psp game I've bought this year. Hell before P3P came out I had no clue where my psp was. I can't wait for it to arrive Tuesday.

Kingsora

Euugghhh I really can't find the SE edition, only at one place and it is already sold out before the game is even out...

And ow yeah, does someone have the piggyback guide? If so is it worth it?

Peff

Kingsora said:
Euugghhh I really can't find the SE edition, only at one place and it is already sold out before the game is even out...

And ow yeah, does someone have the piggyback guide? If so is it worth it?

?

Also, no Piggyback guide this time, ther is one by BradyGames but I don't know how good it is. Still, having a chart for the Command Melding can be very useful, so it's more useful than with KH2 for example

- It seems I'm missing a D-Link after
Peter Pan
, so did I miss anything or
is it related to the final fight? That's the only aspect of the main story that hasn't been touched by me.
- I'm also missing
Focus Block
and I figure I have to make that or something. Any tips on Command combos? I have all of Terra's attack and magic commands, and that's the only block ability I'm still missing. The same applies for
Ragnarok
, a Shoot Lock ability.

You need to play more Command Board!

Kingsora

Peff said:
?

Also, no Piggyback guide this time, ther is one by BradyGames but I don't know how good it is. Still, having a chart for the Command Melding can be very useful, so it's more useful than with KH2 for example
I just want to buy the SE in a store in Belgium, not import it.. ^^

I'm just curious on how good and interesting the guide is, I really love to just read an official RPG guide =)

Woohoo mine is out for delivery. Amazon used Fedex this time. Awesome.

For some odd reason UPS doesn't come till around 6 but Fedex comes around noon.

Synless

Picking my copy up as soon as I get outta my internship! I have been craving this game since it was announced.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Mine is also out for delivery, on a FedEx truck.
I'll put the game through it's CFW paces once inget home tonight, via UMD and ISO both.

Jerk

Banned
Kagari said:
You should have had one already.

Only because of P3P.

Also, I finally got the game earlier today and Critical Mode rocks (woot @ extra command slots).

The game is a bit too easy though. Just beat the boss at
Radiant Garden
with Terra.

Mejilan said:
Mine is also out for delivery, on a FedEx truck.
I'll put the game through it's CFW paces once inget home tonight, via UMD and ISO both.

Please, I would like to know before I make my purchase.

Top Bottom