• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It'd be neat for all we GAFers to make a game

Joe

it'd be an rpg, with total japanese influence and most of the time and resources would be spent on art and i'd hate it.

Renegade

Banned
An Exclusive Gamecube RPG that is so convoulted and gay that it is banned in the US. The main character goes dungeon to dungeon (thread-to-thread) defending the cube than heads into the other realm (Off-Topic forum) and comes out the closet (Admits he's gay) and shows off their anime collection and anime Wall Scrolls.

Vagabond said:
An Exclusive Gamecube RPG that is so convoulted and gay that it is banned in the US. The main character goes dungeon to dungeon (thread-to-thread) defending the cube than heads into the other realm (Off-Topic forum) and comes out the closet (Admits he's gay) and shows off their anime collection and anime Wall Scrolls.

Sold. Story is done.

Pana, start coding. Make our dreams a reality.

olimario

Banned
gafthegame.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I am now convinced.

Any future GAF game must be developed by Olimario and Hitler Stole My Potato. Vagabond is of course allowed full creative control over the storyline.

IJoel

I'd be up for sw architecture and low level coding. :p

Seriously... the only problem would be the level of commitment of the people, but I'm sure there is a good pool of talent here.

The only issue I see is the art. I haven't seen anything remotely original from an art perspective on the forums.

If some of you people are actually serious about doing this, here's some inspiration for you; Ikaruga was done by about half a dozen people (full-time) with minimal support. Of course the crew's gotta be multi-talented in order to pull this off.

0wn3d

YOu need your forum for something like this to actually work. I think it'd be cool to attempt a game.

Brannon

Didn't Opa-opa already try something like this? And didn't it take the road to suck? Then they cancelled it? And it was for Dreamcast because of the hatred for all things Sony?

So we as GAF are going to make a game that only gaming forum geeks will get, and it'll be on Gamecube?

As long as Reisadan is the main character...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
JackFrost2012 said:
I want to write story!!
I need artists, coders, musicians, designers.

Hey bitch! That's my job! Let's make a kick ass RPG Frosty!!

If anyone of you are interested in quick results from your work, I'd HIGHLY recommend against doing an RPG. Doing even the smallest of RPGs would take years, especially if it's some pet side project, outside of your normal lives/responsibilities.

My .02, focus on something not so story driven that can get up and running as quickly possible, like a shooter or action/platformer.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I vote for a "classic" Final Fantasy-styled RPG.

I can see it now... Drinky, Kobun, Jarrod, and Generic-Xbox-User-Here! Drinky would use flame attacks while Jarrod drops piles of paper on opponents...

Of course, we'd simply NEED an EAD Ninja.

EDIT: (I almost considered pulling out Inform and writing up a GAF text adventure, but I've never finished ANY of the text adventures I started work on.)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
ManDudeChild said:
The game would have to include vehicles such as the Rotflcopter, and a bananna sidekick with three power-ups depending on what color he is. Oh, and whatever the hell that purple, crying thing is. That could be a boss.

NOTHING CAN KILL THE GRIMACE.

This is the funniest thread in quite some time.

That being said, for the proud few that are actually trying to do this, best of luck. I've been trying to get a game concept for a portable puzzle title off the ground for the last two years (actually there's a couple of forum members on board too) with slow results. Life gets in the way so easily, and working over long-distances is a bitch and a half. That said, I've seen great things done under similar circumstances by other teams I've gotten to know.

Godspeed and all that. :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i could offer assistance if people are a) desperate b) making a GBA game.

My coding skills are awesome.... on a fecking mainframe.
But my GBA code basically looks like C-ified Adabas Natural!

OOOO LETS MAKE ANOTHER BIG ARRAY!
CLASSES, WHAT ARE THEY?!
NAA LETS JUST HAVE BULKY CRAP SUBS!

Saying that, my puzzle game is actually getting somewhere...

DCharlie said:
My coding skills are awesome.... on a fecking mainframe.
But my GBA code basically looks like C-ified Adabas Natural!

Hired! Welcome aboard. You'll be in charge of drinks and snacks. I like stuff with lots of powdered cheese. Please make a note of it.

ElyrionX

Imagine the forum meltdown that will occur when the game gets a 6.8....

Time and space would cease to exist........

aoi tsuki

i want options like

Difficulty: Weaksauce | Ultra Hard | Average Forum Poster
Framerate: 30fps | 60fps | Random
Hype Shading: Off | On
Titties: Off | 36DD | 36 DD W/Jiggle (Mild) | 36DD W/Jiggle (Doubles As Weak Attack)
Ferrio's Cam: Off | On
Gamecube Release: Off | One Year Delay By Which Time No One Gives A Fuck But Nintendo Fans

Dragmire

Story: Okay, there's a young man named Joe. But not just any young man named Joe. He's special. Special in that he's not special at all. So he leaves home to find his raison de vivre. While gone, his younger, more interesting cousin, Earl, has adventures beyond your wildest imagination. This is the bulk of the game. Upon arriving home with nothing more than a rubik's cube, Joe is angered by his cousin's importantness, and becomes the final boss in the game. Unfortunately, it was a dating game and there's no gameplay coded for Joe's fight, thus the game ends in a glitch. It could be called Pitiful Joe.

bjork

aoi tsuki said:
i want options like

Difficulty: Weaksauce | Ultra Hard | Average Forum Poster
Framerate: 30fps | 60fps | Random
Hype Shading: Off | On
Titties: Off | 36DD | 36 DD W/Jiggle (Mild) | 36DD W/Jiggle (Doubles As Weak Attack)
Ferrio's Cam: Off | On
Gamecube Release: Off | One Year Delay By Which Time No One Gives A Fuck But Nintendo Fans

:lol

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Marked improvement Olimario! You need a bit more help on perspective, I suggest that you try doing the pose yourself a couple of times in front of a mirror so you can get the feel of the space your model is working with and the weight of the arms/legs. I also reccomend in investing in a little wooden man (or a Stikfas) to help things get started so you can have an easier time rendering the perspective. If your comfortable with any 3D modelling programs, creating a "boxman" is equally as good. I also suggest you do three passes with the drawing. What I mean is to do a very nice and clean line drawing. Then do a black and white fully rendered version with stark lighting and contrast to really understand and help you make the shadowing more accurate. Then of course the final color version.

aoi tsuki you could make me cry with laughter. :lol

Top Bottom