• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane the Virgin S2 |OT| Mex Education

tm24

So trying to get my friend into the show. Hulu doesnt have all of this season? The hell? could of swore they did last year. Any legal streams of the first shows of this season?

No JtV tonight so CW can air an hour of Christmas ads :-\

(Literally, it's a special titled "Greatest Holiday Commercials Countdown" and I think this is a new low for filler holiday programming).

Gina was nominated again this year for the best actress in a comedy/musical which is pretty awesome as was Rachel Bloom, I'm going to have to root harder for her since Gina won last year but it's pretty awesome/amazing that two CW shows on the same night have nominations.

Also... Awkwarrrd. Golden Globes Twitter Account Misidentifies America Ferrera as Jane the Virgin Nominee Gina Rodriguez
Unfortunate, hopefully not as disgusting as it appears technical oversight :-/

But YAY for Gina and Rachel. I almost can't choose which one I want to win, but CEG needs the victory way more than JTV does.

I'd pick Rachel myself, mostly because I don't enjoy Jane the Virgin as much as last season. Gina still absolutely deserves her nomination (both do, duh).

Either way, I want the award to stay with The CW - they deserve all the recognition they can get and more.

Okay, I loved this episode, even if A LOT stuff happened. Needs more Petra though. Are they laying ground for another romantic option for Jane? Sure looks like it (and I don't mind!)

As an aside: Gina, Jaime and the show have been nominated for Critics Choice Awards!

Okay, I loved this episode, even if A LOT stuff happened.
So basically, every episode of Jane the Virgin :p

Needs more Petra though.
So basically, every episode of Jane the Virgin :p d-:

As an aside: Gina, Jaime and the show have been nominated for Critics Choice Awards!
75d8df627b768ee46f30fc9f82612085b4c24aa4.gif

jb1234

Okay, I loved this episode, even if A LOT stuff happened. Needs more Petra though. Are they laying ground for another romantic option for Jane? Sure looks like it (and I don't mind!)

It feels like it and I'd prefer they didn't. More romantic complications isn't what this show needs.

(Magda is such a hag. She's going down.)

It feels like it and I'd prefer they didn't. More romantic complications isn't what this show needs.

(Magda is such a hag. She's going down.)
Honestly, I'm looking forward to a steamy student-professor relationship.

Anything to get Jane laid. Girl certainly deserves it XD

Blackhead

Redarse
Wasn't Jane's laptop a white Macbook?! Did the writers really change it just for this episode!? LMAO it's like the opposite of the Surface/NFL i.e when the Macbook is fucked up suddenly it's a generic windows laptop

WGMBY

So trying to get my friend into the show. Hulu doesnt have all of this season? The hell? could of swore they did last year. Any legal streams of the first shows of this season?

Hulu only has recent episodes in the current season. I don't know anywhere else that has it streaming unfortunately.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So the composer of Jane the Virgin music also did Making a Murderer music? Huh. I also finally found a clean version of the clapping theme. That's my favorite part of show. :) Something always mischievous happens during it.

Those flashback scenes of Petra and Rafael had me all warm and tingly. They belong together
angry.gif

And yes Jane, get that tenured Latin D! I so relate to her Horny Virgin struggles.

Everything related to Sin Rostro and Nadine and whoever else's name I'm forgetting in that whole mess continues to be utterly nonsensical
lol.gif

Another fantastic episode <3

JtV is my weekly tv rock: reliably great but in a way that rarely compels me to post about it. But this episode had such a perfectly composed arrangement of those totally honest, relatable, grounded emotional moments that this show does so well that I started welling up and nearly fucking cried. I never do that. The parallel choices made by Petra and Xo (and even blonde cop lady!) to reject the people they very probably loved for different but equally sensible reasons showed a real maturity rarely displayed by television characters in the throes of possible romance. It wasn't contrived to make for artificial conflict and drama; it was just honest and real. Rarely do I find myself caring so much for the love lives of fictional heterosexual characters.

They got me, in particular, with Rogelio's proposal, in equal parts because the set-up for it was so sweet and earnest - with those lines about them drifting back and eventually finding each other, with their incredible daughter as the implied connecting force - and because the let-down was not just heartbreaking but completely understandable. Ro never got those 20+ years of raising Jane, but he had a career and a purpose unto his own - the very same thing Xo has been putting aside for two decades in order to be there for Jane. I've said this before and I'll say it again, but as the daughter of a single mother, the relationship between Jane and Xo, and the implications thereof, are absolutely the most acutely observed, meaningfully insightful depiction of this I've seen on television. Maybe any work of media, because it is so passingly rare.

10/10, 100/100, you fuckin got me again Jane the Virgin.
bonus points for finding a reason to replay that clip of Rose and Luisa making out in the pool with fireworks again for the 50th time uh huh I see you
Agreed.

This was the first episode since the three Villanueva women's baptism speeches that really nailed that cross-generational link (the walls you create and that are created for you when you become a single mother, a struggle shared by Alba, Xo with her state of professional arrested development, and now Jane with her difficulties in finding a both suitable and willing mate) and the first since S1E12 (Jane writing her father's death, Petra faking her own, all in that absolutely spectacular sequence) that absolutely perfected establishing a thematically powerful but narratively effortless synergy across all the episode's major throughlines.

The joys and despairs of single motherhood. Primal lust. The frustration of being a writer, but no longer having only yourself as the audience. Making up for lost time.

The economy with which the episode was able to cram all these ideas with such an easygoing sense of repose at the same time was a nice counterpoint to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend's own superlative episode this week that was nonetheless so small and intimate in scope as to be considered (in my opinion) a bottle episode by comparison.

Monday nights haven't been this good since my adolescent detour to Monday Night RAW :p

I FINALLY watched the last episode and yeah that was a fantastic one. Of course Rose would be Rafeal's mom's secret step daughter and great lead into the next scene. Can't blame Xo for not wanting another kid even though I was expecting it to happen at the end of last season.

Is Xo the most attractive grandmother on TV? I'm leaning strongly towards yes.

Of course the Grammys are tonight so everyone is getting out of its way.

Leeness

Laughing out fucking loud at Jane driving to the teacher's place and getting pulled over while pantless.

Edit: Damnit, #teamrafael being destroyed tonight &#128557;

FZZ

Banned
This show is criminally underrated.

Also proud to be repping
#TeamMichael
especially after this episode

#TeamHotTeacher

How could Jane deny herself the pleasure of that thick, juicy slab of meat? Sure, maybe it was tactless to bust out the condom before even entering the bedroom, but to drop him for Michael?

So unrealistic :p

Blackhead

Redarse
good episode and all BUT... that's some tame kissing and lame sexting (AT LEAST SHOW US A SEXY TEXT although it would never be as good as our imagination). I know it's family television and they can't get explicit BUT I've been with catholic girls saving their 'virginity' until marriage and there's lots of other *ahem* sex acts they're willing to do. It feels a little silly that Jane only has kissing/sexting in her repertoire before thinking about sex.. that said the virgin hook is no longer why I watch the show I like that they kept the consistently great characterization by having Jane and abuela talk about it instead of keeping it a secret too long. Petra and Jane playing off each other was fun

great season so far

jb1234

#TeamHotTeacher

How could Jane deny herself the pleasure of that thick, juicy slab of meat? Sure, maybe it was tactless to bust out the condom before even entering the bedroom, but to drop him for Michael?

So unrealistic :p

Yeah, I find it kinda baffling. But I'll admit that I don't really like Michael.

That was amazing, maybe my favourite episode yet and there have been SO MANY good ones. Petra and Jane together are just magical.

Yeah, their chemistry is off the charts. Petra is secretly the best character on the show.

And of all the storylines to extend past one episode, it's the stalker/captor assistant one XD

Leeness

Loved Jane and Petra together. Lmao at Anna and Elsa.

#saverogelio

But man...

To see him crawling back to Petra, and for even someone as desperate as her to see through his BS...dude is broken.

Hope he doesn't end up like Luisa :-(

RIP #teamrafael :(((((( Just continues to go down in fucking flames.

Loved Jane and Petra together. Lmao at Anna and Elsa.

#saverogelio

But man...

RIP #teamrafael :(((((( Just continues to go down in fucking flames.

I was #TeamRafael from the beginning, but it's not looking good. And as much as I hate to admit it, Michael is growing on me and I just can't accept it. That said, Petra is far and away the most amazing and compelling character on the entire show.

It's honestly just hard to believe that, last season, she framed Raf for domestic violence.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
But Michael is such a boring human being. Watching him is like watching paint dry. Goddamn. Ugh

But yes, as long as we have Petra in our lives. I'm going to be alright.

Yeah, Michael is such a bore. And his weird reverse mullet hair disturbs me.

Rafael fell down a few pegs because of all his scheming, but there's still Hot Professor Chavez.

Think of all the cute, intellectually adroit babies they would have made
angry.gif

Top Bottom