• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Rapstah

I don't have it handy so I can't be sure, but I feel like he got booed in 1993 WWF. Maybe not on RAW, but for sure at WMIX?
People boo when he pulls Sid out of the 1992 Rumble. They edited it to cheers and Hogan chants with re-dubbed commentary when they recapped it on Superstars.

WM9 has a too small crowd for any real anti-Hogan reaction to really happen. Apathy, maybe.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nope, people definitely cheered the hulkster on WM9. He'd been out of the company for awhile at that point enough to get the nostalgia pop.

It was after the result that night that the booing and apathy started again.

Aiii

So not worth it
1525201_493125177471215_2110527360_n-635x322.jpg

bjork

I don't understand. Is TNA some kind of tax write-off for the parent company or something? ECW was drawing more people than that before The Franchise threw down the NWA title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't understand. Is TNA some kind of tax write-off for the parent company or something? ECW was drawing more people than that before The Franchise threw down the NWA title.

In the fractured cable market we're in the 1.0 IMPACT draws makes it one of the highest rated shows Spike has and one of the better performers on cable for Thursdays.

Hasney

Nope, people definitely cheered the hulkster on WM9. He'd been out of the company for awhile at that point enough to get the nostalgia pop.

It was after the result that night that the booing and apathy started again.

Oh yeah, I had the live tape and there were loud cheers for his tag match.

I never knew about the Hulk title win after the main event. My uncle must have turned it off when he was taping it for me straight after Yokozuna won and I had no way of watching any other programming at that point, so I just assume Hogan had won it some time inbetween then and when I watched the next PPV my uncle taped, which was King of the Ring.

bjork

In the fractured cable market we're in the 1.0 IMPACT draws makes it one of the highest rated shows Spike has and one of the better performers on cable for Thursdays.

Right, but is that photo from a TV taping? If you're drawing that low attendance at house shows, doesn't that show that you're getting an audience that will watch on TV but not turn up for live shows... so why bother, if that's the case?

Hasney

Right, but is that photo from a TV taping? If you're drawing that low attendance at house shows, doesn't that show that you're getting an audience that will watch on TV but not turn up for live shows... so why bother, if that's the case?

Considering they've got nowhere to tape TV from now, it might end up being a TV taping venue.

Verendus

Banned
I hate you all

also The Rock started this whole kicking out of finisher shit and nobody cared about it cause you're all a bunch of Rock marks.
Jabroni.

nah man apparently if you don't like The Rock you're a smark who knows nothing about the business
Jabroni.

Also, The Rock sucks (except when he's heel).
Jabroni.

Though, I'm in no way sticking up for Rock. One of my least favorites to watch
Jabroni.

bjork

Considering they've got nowhere to tape TV from now, it might end up being a TV taping venue.

Live tonight, from the Bumfuck High School Gymnasium! I can only imagine... reports of TNA losing money from buying tarps to cover all the empty seats. Sheesh.

I know what I like. Minute-long promos, maybe two on a PPV. Longer time for an interview segment like Piper's Pit. Rock with a mic yawning through the same singalong shit is as boring to me as triple-uh h-uh promos, possibly even as dull as Orton. Sorry.

PopfulMail

Was considering going to a WWE house show this weekend but I'm not impressed with $65 for shitty seats. I'd be cool if it was just me, but dropping $130 for the wife and I to go does not make my wallet happy.

Can anyone convince me this is worth my monies?

bootaaay why don't you go down to the dealership and mock Meng in person

go ahead

Hey, I'm not mocking him! I just find the idea of him snapping into Meng mode mid-sales pitch to be pretty funny.

Also, at least he has a shoot job, rather than making an ass of himself in the ring like so many of his peers continue to do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That reminds me. Hey guys, good job not making the November OT title Nashvember like I said. No really, great fucking job you bunch of marks.
ibeB8laUaL2Rp1.gif

Hasney

Hey, I'm not mocking him! I just find the idea of him snapping into Meng mode mid-sales pitch to be pretty funny.

Also, at least he has a shoot job, rather than making an ass of himself in the ring like so many of his peers continue to do.

He's the "car spa" manager though, he might not even do sales pitches. Here he is demonstarting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4H8UAog_g

I hope he at least gives the death grip to prices.

EDIT: On the video he's been promoted to Director. He's gripping up that corporate ladder.

I got a request to upload some post-95 Jumbo, which I don't have much of in my collection - it's real sad watching him wrestle as a shadow of his former self, but the crowd still love him and there's a good story to this six man tag. Also, believe it or not, Akiyama isn't the one who takes the pin. Oh, and Dory & Baba are both more awesome in this than you'd expect;

Mistuharu Misawa, Jumbo Tsuruta & Jun Akiyama vs Akira Taue, Giant Baba & Dory Funk Jr. - (AJPW 10/18/96)

That reminds me. Hey guys, good job not making the November OT title Nashvember like I said. No really, great fucking job you bunch of marks.

He didn't deserve it.

I'd prefer to see Naitovember before Nashvember.

I'd have liked to see that dipshit Nash try his hand at Japanese wrestling in his prime - would have been fun seeing Shinya Hashimoto murder him with a high-angle DDT.

In all honestly, the Japanese love a big gaijin, Nash probably would've got a good run and a title shot, at least. He's still a chump, though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd have liked to see that dipshit Nash try his hand at Japanese wrestling in his prime - would have been fun seeing Shinya Hashimoto murder him with a high-angle DDT.

In all honestly, the Japanese love a big gaijin, Nash probably would've got a good run and a title shot, at least. He's still a chump, though

Nash would have said the same thing to Hashimoto he said to Matt Bourne. It's not real, you (fat) moron.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Bigggg-goooo Sexxxx-aaaay! Jocku knifu POWWWWWAAAAH BOMB!

Hasney

Getting pretty sick of this Nash slander. Tempted to donate my quads to him so he can come kick all of your asses.

My reaction at being quad-less and seeing the destruction Kevin Nash caused among victims IN THIS VERY THREAD.

It's not my fault he's a hack who only ever got anywhere because of his size, or that he's become the idol of the anti-smarks who are kidding themselves into thinking they're not smarks.

Nash would have said the same thing to Hashimoto he said to Matt Bourne. It's not real, you (fat) moron.

And Hashimoto would have said (via translator); it may not be real, but you damn well better make it look real or I'm going to murder you in that ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The entire female wrestling fan demographic in Japan would have tripled if Nash was in Japan.
And Hashimoto would have said (via translator); it may not be real, but you damn well better make it look real or I'm going to murder you in that ring.

A) If Nash was a hack, how is it that Bret says his best match was with Diesel?
B) Nash would have murdered Hashimoto in his prime in a shoot fight.
C) Nash's son is less of a failure than Hashimoto's.

Top Bottom