• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

How stupid is Vince to let one of the best announcers ever, who was totally happy to just coast, go over something he had no control over?

You dumbass. JR beast mode incoming

Gonna watch the Tamura match later

Volk being awesome;

i72jCw1KbzfeW.gif

BIG axe kick from Nagai;

iKJWq2mg6PFGT.gif

ultra hot crowd for that one, crazy commentary. last 3 or so minutes are very gifable. watch out for:

a stiff push kick that sends Han down for a ... down
an awesome body scissors takedown into double leg hook
an awesome counter to a mid kick that turns into a kneebar

also JR on UFC is a dream come true. him commentating Bigfoot vs Hunt would've been insane.

Hadn't seen this before, Rocky Romero from the 2012 BosJ press conference;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6_Dl-qBU4c

Lol, SHUT MOUSE!

ultra hot crowd for that one, crazy commentary. last 3 or so minutes are very gifable. watch out for:

a stiff push kick that sends Han down
an awesome body scissors takedown into double leg hook
an awesome counter to a mid kick that turns into a kneebar

Will do. The crowds have been pretty hot for all the RINGS stuff you've posted so far, loved that one guy right by the camera flipping out hard for Nagai "YEAH YEAYEAH!! YEAA!! NAGAAAAAII!!!!"

Will do. The crowds have been pretty hot for all the RINGS stuff you've posted so far, loved that one guy right by the camera flipping out hard for Nagai "YEAH YEAYEAH!! YEAA!! NAGAAAAAII!!!!"

cool that you've been enjoying, early RINGS was one of the best shoot-style promotions out there.

shame Tamura is not around, he's the same age as Sakuraba and in much better physical condition.

Kiyoshi Tamura vs Nikolai Zouev - RINGS, 1997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2gSUpP_Ns

strobogo

Banned
Best of Memphis in the 80s Disc 8

I would recommend Bock vs Jarrett just to see Jeff in a rookie vs champ match, Hennig vs King, and definitely Don Bass sings.

The next disc is the last of matches and has 2:45 instead of around 4 hours worth. It also has about an hour covering King's heel turn, and 36 minutes of music videos. I just did some random searching during the music videos and they look amazing.

DMczaf

Since we're talking about Jake...
Earthquake killing Damien goes down, to me, as the most I've ever been worked up by an angle in wrestling history. Number 2 is Elizabeth getting slapped. So Jake is involved in the first and second most emotional moments in wrestling history to me.

With Elizabeth, it's long-term booking. It's that everyone loved Elizabeth and stuff like that didn't happen. With Damien's death? It was ALL Jake's reaction. No offense to Tenta, but it was all Jake that carried that angle. It was even cartoon-y how Damien 'died', but there wasn't nothing funny at the time. It was dark. It was unsettling. It was so much more evil than I bet it was intended just based on how Jake sold it.
damiendeathhtuqi.gif

Seriously. That shit shook my soul, the way Jake opens the bag and snaps back in horror. That shit was REAL to Jake.

Anth0ny

As shitty as WWE has been the past months, I fucking love the Rumble and am getting well excited for WWE again just to find out who's gonna be in the rumble and what they're going to build to Mania.

Network also helps.

Damn you WWE, every damn time you trick me.

this usually happens to me, but i'm so bummed out about what's happening to bryan that i'm really not excited at all this time around. so dumb. too dumb.

also, as a Canadian, I'm not getting the network til late 2014/early 2015. fuck everything.

strobogo

Banned
With a camera on both of his eyes. There should be a general show where wrestlers watch their most embarrassing moments (be it drug/alcohol related, or botches in Sin Cara's case).

jmdajr

Jake was amazing man. Fuck, he made me believe he was blind!

I mean deep down I knew he wasn't but hell.....he sold that shit.

Dark Ninja said:
We also need Zack Ryders Catering Hour and David Otunga's Legal Advice

David Otunga's show should be like a Judge Judy sort of thing.

They should also do 'The APA Presents; WWE Superstar Celebrity Poker' - JBL and Ron Simmons to host, with random superstars and celebrities joining in each episode.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't even understand day/month/year. Do Brits say 13th of January, 2014? month/day/year makes so much more sense because that's how you say it.

The Dutch say, 13 januari, 2014. Same goes for Germans, not sure about the French, but I believe they do it as well.

bjork

iYq2eHkN9KlVc.gif

This GIF represents why attitude era is the best era.

Attitude Era started once Austin had the belt and the c-team DX did that big promo on the Raw after WM14.

Coke era Shawn was just testing what they could get away with on air. I was always fond of the Uncle Tom 3:16 sign, personally.

Check out all of those signs, man.

Shawn is a...
ASS 3:16

I miss the crazy amount of signs in crowds these days. They used to be all about the 'freedom of speech' in the Attitude Era, constantly poking fun at WCW for taking signs away from fans.
Now look at the WWE...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry, but every aspect of DX sucked outside of a couple NAO matches. Coked out Shawn was a huge turd that I would take corny Cena or god booking Hogan over because, man, if you thought Cena buried people? Drugged out Shawn was on another level. And all the DX promos were so fucking terrible. It was never offensive. It was like stuff your hillbilly cousin would do, and you'd just roll your eyes and wait for Stone Cold to come out. Even CANADIAN HERO MODE tweener Bret had more 'attitude' than those shmucks.

Fuck DX. Absolute worst part of Attitude Era. Ghetto, shitty NWO.

Sorry, but every aspect of DX sucked outside of a couple NAO matches. Coked out Shawn was a huge turd that I would take corny Cena or god booking Hogan over because, man, if you thought Cena buried people? Drugged out Shawn was on another level.

"SID IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF LUGAGGE IN THIS COMPANY"

"SUNNY DAYS"

Yuki Ishikawa vs Daisuke Ikeda - (BattlARTS 09/01/1997)

An early meeting in the long line of 'Ishikawa & Ikeda beat the piss out of each other' encounters. Unsurprisingly, this one's pretty hard hitting from the off. Big backdrop drivers, stiff kicks, one particularly sick forearm smash from Ikeda and one HELL of a lariatoooooooo. Good stuff, although the tiny crowd are typically quiet.

I don't even understand day/month/year. Do Brits say 13th of January, 2014? month/day/year makes so much more sense because that's how you say it.

Day/Month/Year makes so much more sense because it's in order of size. Also, I say "13th of January" because I speak English properly.

Top Bottom