• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shocking fact of the day.

WCW was founded on October 11th, 1988 and was bought out on March 26th, 2001. It lasted twelve and a half years.

NWA TNA was founded on May 10th, 2002. It's 2014. For TNA to last longer than WCW it only needs to make it a few months into 2015.

jmdajr

Shocking fact of the day.

WCW was founded on October 11th, 1988 and was bought out on March 26th, 2001. It lasted twelve and a half years.

NWA TNA was founded on May 10th, 2002. It's 2014. For TNA to last longer than WCW it only needs to make it a few months into 2015.

wooah

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My math was wrong (probably from watching Scott Steiner videos all morning) it only needs to make it to Nashvember.

A) If Nash was a hack, how is it that Bret says his best match was with Diesel?
B) Nash would have murdered Hashimoto in his prime in a shoot fight.
C) Nash's son is less of a failure than Hashimoto's.

Bret's a mong as well, doesn't even know what his best match is (vs Bulldog, Summerslam '92), lol. I'm pretty sure any shootfight Nash entered would end with him on the floor clutching his knees in agony. Hashimoto's son is only 21 and still in the young lion phase of his career. If he sticks it out and ZERO1 don't drop the ball, he could be a real big deal in Japanese wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big E should be watching old Steiner Bros matches to learn new moves. Like he should do Rick's catch powerslam thing.
Bret's a mong as well, doesn't even know what his best match is (vs Bulldog, Summerslam '92), lol. I'm pretty sure any shootfight Nash entered would end with him on the floor clutching his knees in agony. Hashimoto's son is only 21 and still in the young lion phase of his career. If he sticks it out and ZERO1 don't drop the ball, he could be a real big deal in Japanese wrestling.

Only a Brit would think anyone's best match involved Davey Boy.

Now hit. My music.
rickrudeqprmp.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually don't think Davey's that bad, but I think he's as unexceptional as Neidhart. I'm just mostly taking the piss as Wade Barrett would put it #godsavethequeen#badnews#bareknuckle4lyfe

After seeing Robets last week I am curious what shape Scott Hall is in these days?

Thing sstill good? Last I heard he was getting hip surgery or something?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The thing I find most dubious about Nash's claim to only be in it for the money and not being a mark himself is that he went out of his way to never, ever, ever lose or put anyone over.

Now you might say well Man God, he's just taking inspiration from some decently smart business minds like Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper, and I can agree on this.

When it doesn't make sense is during his IMPACT run though when he was mid card for the vast majority of it. Still called out sick anytime he needed to do a job.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing I find most dubious about Nash's claim to only be in it for the money and not being a mark himself is that he went out of his way to never, ever, ever lose or put anyone over.

Now you might say well Man God, he's just taking inspiration from some decently smart business minds like Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper, and I can agree on this.

When it doesn't make sense is during his IMPACT run though when he was mid card for the vast majority of it. Still called out sick anytime he needed to do a job.

Nash put over Shelley completely without having a single match.

Plus, it's pretty obvious Nash hated TNA and just had a few of the young guys he liked enough to give the rub.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Real talk, I bet it's awesome for Nash to see how much two of his best friends have turned their life around, Sean and Scott. All of the Kliq is doing pretty ok these days. Can't say that for a lot of wrestlers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE has a 30 second compilation of DDTs and talks about its evolution, but evolution usually means it gets better. DDTs have only gotten worse over the years.

Aiii

So not worth it
As shitty as WWE has been the past months, I fucking love the Rumble and am getting well excited for WWE again just to find out who's gonna be in the rumble and what they're going to build to Mania.

Network also helps.

Damn you WWE, every damn time you trick me.

there's an alternate reality where a healthy Magnum TA put WWF out of business, Sting is the COO of WCW, HHH and Undertaker job in comedy matches and DDP is a 12 time champ.

jred2k

As shitty as WWE has been the past months, I fucking love the Rumble and am getting well excited for WWE again just to find out who's gonna be in the rumble and what they're going to build to Mania.

Network also helps.

Damn you WWE, every damn time you trick me.

I believe the technical term is "relapse".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since we're talking about Jake...
Earthquake killing Damien goes down, to me, as the most I've ever been worked up by an angle in wrestling history. Number 2 is Elizabeth getting slapped. So Jake is involved in the first and second most emotional moments in wrestling history to me.

With Elizabeth, it's long-term booking. It's that everyone loved Elizabeth and stuff like that didn't happen. With Damien's death? It was ALL Jake's reaction. No offense to Tenta, but it was all Jake that carried that angle. It was even cartoon-y how Damien 'died', but there wasn't nothing funny at the time. It was dark. It was unsettling. It was so much more evil than I bet it was intended just based on how Jake sold it.
damiendeathhtuqi.gif

Watched a couple of those Volk Han matches - I think I preferred the match with Nagai, although the Yamamoto one was great as well. Volk's ridiculously good at takedowns and grabbing a hold out of nowhere, some of his transitions were awesome, like when he floated over Yamamoto's back, stood on the side of his knee and wrenched the other leg up into a standing ankle lock. Also, that lucha-style side-headlock takedown that's just a feint to grab the leg is freaking sweet. I also really enjoyed the weird double-leg crab-esque position he got himself in early on against Nagai. The finish to that match was great, loved Nagai's comeback with the single leg crab, then Volk just finished it with that brutal arm lock. Fun stuff. Gonna watch the Tamura match later

Volk being awesome;

i72jCw1KbzfeW.gif

BIG axe kick from Nagai;

iKJWq2mg6PFGT.gif

Top Bottom