• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Sunflower is back!
ib0F46t3Q3rlpI.gif

KissVibes

Banned
Welcome back Sunny! The thread just wasn't the same without you.

Also, I hope WWE is prepared for Alexander Rusev bombing on the main roster. It's going to be worse than Bo Dallas' mini feud with Wade.

Xater

Welcome back Sunny! The thread just wasn't the same without you.

Also, I hope WWE is prepared for Alexander Rusev bombing on the main roster. It's going to be worse than Bo Dallas' mini feud with Wade.

It's the same story as always. They see big guy they like and push him. No one else really gives a fuck, especially not with this gimmick.

gurudyne

Dude's not that bad, just needs more time in NXT to polish him up. And to get rid of that godawful gimmick. It's 2014--"I'm a foreign guy!" is not a legitimate character any more. Even LeFort has more going on than that and there was a time when I thought he was as two dimensional a OHN HON HON I AM HOW YOU SAY ZE CHEESY NONAMERICAN stereotype as you could get.

Regardless, I doubt it's as bad as Bo's work last year. Awkward, clumsy, unself-aware Bo.

It does archive the stream. Tough to not get spoiled though!

Here's last year's. Watch with us!

http://www.twitch.tv/sunnybuns/b/366540510
http://www.twitch.tv/sunnybuns/b/366549441

This year I'll make sure I keep the chat window in the video feed so people can see reactions.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah he's back! and please keep the chat window. This is all that was recorded from last year's chat, and it's when The fuckin Great Khali entered
Speedybluedude: NOOOOOOOO
Gurudynamo: UGH
Harrydemeanor: OH *** NO
Chriswok: hahaha noooooooooooo
Nmarchan: OH WHO THE ***
Entropiawow: WHO THE ***!?!?
Thefrankman: Hababaoouahaeeyyy
Crunchinjelly: ***
Dyslexicalucard: I never saw Zandig get eliminated, but I wasn't paying attention
Coldplay619: YES
Mrboo01: OH ***
Eveningmusuko: KHALI MONTH
Ozoneent: LOLOLOLOL
Reneledarker: No!
Pavaloo: KHALI SAVE BRET
Misterbeef: OH GOD WHY
Mcnei1y: KHALI? YOU ***
Ultratech87: WHO PICKED KHALI?
Speedybluedude: What the ***!
Dyslexicalucard: Khali month? Nooo
Thefrankman: HABBboouuuhaeyayeyeye
Bigosc2k: no no no non no no no n no
North911: hes KOFI-ING
Sabucin: who picked him?
Coldplay619: KHALI MONTH
Broadcaster Sunnybuns: KHALI MONTH
Bionicarrrmmm: who in the *** picked Khali
» whyyyyyyyyy
Ubertag: Zandig will win even if he was thrown over the top.
Slightconfuse: WATTTTT
Thefrankman: Hahhabbubuaooaleyeyeyeyyeee\\
Speedybluedude: and I thought me picking Miz was bad
Chriswok: It's too late in the rumble for this ***. Avs are at stake.
Bigosc2k: no no no no no
Ultratech87: WHY WOULD ANYONE DO SUCH A THING?!
Pavaloo: i'm so down for khali month
Brinbe: LOL
Mcnei1y: whoever picked khali is laughing there *** off
Slightconfuse: WHO
» DID THIS
Mechashiva555: Khali or china makes everyone winners
Coldplay619: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Ozoneent: Khali Month is the best month
Thefrankman: HOLY *** LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE YETAYY!!
Bryan's post-Mania feud

Xater

Also isn't Lana still translating Russian although Rusev speaks Bulgarian which is a completely different language.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah he's back! and please keep the chat window. This is all that was recorded from last year's chat, and it's when The fuckin Great Khali entered

Amazing. Do you have the whole archive? You can pastebin it so we can look at it for shits and giggles.

Showaddy

Also isn't Lana still translating Russian although Rusev speaks Bulgarian which is a completely different language.

Another reason why Rusev struggles to get over, Lana's a shit manager. Estrada was a big part of getting Umaga over and Rusev needs someone like Heyman or Colter, not a diva going through development herself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He holds a doctorate in beef so he clearly knows how to play with the big boys.

Meanwhile all you OT community sweat hogs stink up the cheap seats and don't show proper respect to your gaming side betters.

gurudyne

HHH must be bigger on managers than Vince, because I just do not see the point of a character who causes a language barrier for another character with a(n uncharismatic) language barrier. She's not even charming like Ricardo was. There's nothing for the audience to do here; the manager's just a borefest and that leaves the wrestler as the one who needs to draw the interest/heat, which was the whole point of managers for guys like Rusev.

Lana's not a good manager because "foreign heel heat because foreign" doesn't work anymore, speaking a language other than English is just gonna get you "WHAT" chants and nothing more. so i don't know if it's that she's a bad manager as much as it's a bad gimmick

She rocks the hell out of a suit though
Amazing. Do you have the whole archive? You can pastebin it so we can look at it for shits and giggles.
unfortunately, no. I had to look for this one, i wasn't there live. someone posted it like this the thread last year

Xater

HHH must be bigger on managers than Vince, because I just do not see the point of a character who causes a language barrier for another character with a(n uncharismatic) language barrier. She's not even charming like Ricardo was. There's nothing for the audience to do here; the manager's just a borefest and that leaves the wrestler as the one who needs to draw the interest/heat, which was the whole point of managers for guys like Rusev.

Oh I agree with you and Show. She is terrible as a manager. If the dude has no charisma they need to get a manager who has some. Lana is just there. She kinda does nothing.

UberTag

Oh I agree with you and Show. She is terrible as a manager. If the dude has no charisma they need to get a manager who has some. Lana is just there. She kinda does nothing.
Could Aksana take Lana's gimmick and make it work? At least she's got main roster experience.

Xater

Could Aksana take Lana's gimmick and make it work? At least she's got main roster experience.

I don't think so. There isn't much to work with when it comes to the translator gimmick. You gotta be a real good talker to get something out of it.

KissVibes

Banned
I would actually mark out for seeing a LayCool reunion swerve set up an Undertaker appearance.

- AJ attacks LayCool.
- Undertaker beats the shit outta Teddy Long for letting it happen.
- Undertaker does an official investigation and sees that AJ was last connected with Dolph Ziggler.
-THE PHENOM VERSUS THE SHOWOFF AT WRESTLEMANIA THIRTY.

Undertaker would shed tears at someone selling his old man moves like they were actual death blows.

Xater

Since people are talking about Sting again: As much as a run with him would probably suck I just want to see it for the novelty of it. There just something about him working in WWE.

Top Bottom