• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

I can see it now. We all sign up for WWE Network ready to sink our teeth into some New Generation, Attitude Era, and Ruthless Agression Raw.

THANK YOU FOR SINGING UP. YOU NOW HAVE ACCESS TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW 2010 TO PRESENT. ENJOY.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Needs to be said by BnB
tumblr_mz6yjtjMwt1rnjfjfo1_r1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ready for Fantasticamania. It sounds, uhuuuuuuu..............

FANTASTIC

I think I might actually watch some TNA now. I mean who knows how long they have left. I want to be there when it comes crashing down. Maybe Stro and review weekly impacts now. Save him from doing it down the road.

What is up with Hogan's health these days? Should he not be wrestling?

He could probably do something but his back is so held together with screws and tape that if he does wrestle again it wont be in WWE or any organisation with a decent health / wellness program.

Speaking of didnt TNA trot him out a few times to take some bumps after his back op?

RINGS, "MEGA BATTLE TOURNAMENT '95", 1995.10.21
International Center, Fukuoka
5,050 Fans

01. Mitsuya Nagai vs Gigitedze Bkouri

iz1BFjnPeswK1.gif

lovely Karelin Lift, Bkouri threw Nagai like a ragdoll the whole match.

iYTsJBMPepi5s.gif

you know, i'm gonna call this a Rolling Splits Leg Hook Scissors Hold. yeah, that should do it.

02. Ilioukhine Mikhail vs Nikolai Zouev

i055QsdjueU7c.gif

good mid-kick counter into a kneebar.

ib2gu9w96522s2.gif

an awesome rolling neck crank for the finish, really smooth.

03. Bitsadze Ameran vs Yoshihisa Yamamoto

ibvtMPE00IpJge.gif

angry ass sleeper hold for the finish, after an hilarious Rolling Thunder miss.

04. Hans Nyman vs Buzariashvili Ramaz

iJn0zc3cbiIWt.gif

HUGE belly-to-belly.

iqQe5zdinN5ti.gif

great striking sequence for the finish.

05. Grom Zaza vs Andrei Kopylev

iqMvF45JyZONN.gif

yikes. hmmmmm, i'm gonna call this a Roling Inverted Omoplata Knee Hook.

06. Volk Han vs Pieter Oele

iqHiaUHbUFdxG.gif

Volk Han, who look like the shy uncle that's into plumbing, drags Oele to mid ring for a sweet armbar finish.

07. Dimitri Petkov vs Bitsadze Tariel

ib2ADigqbCZnt.gif

holy shit, this is the most entertaining worked shoot i've ever seen. Tariel is hairy as fuck and Petkov is FAT. FAT ASS does a judo throw into neck crank.

idCwjjlncrFdi.gif

FAT ASS pulls a single leg boston crab out of counter.

iERSdb3mz4ShS.gif

CAN HE DO IT KING, CAN HE LIFT TARIEL, CAN H... OH MY GOD HE DID IT, HE DID IT, ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT TO TARIEL, WHAT POWER, WHAT STRENGHT!!!

ipF2Xr0270RR8.gif

THE SPINNING KICK THAT BEAT FAT ASS PETKOV!!

08. Akira Maeda vs Dick Vrij

i7GkEgx8qqMIG.gif

Maeda eats a stiff kick.

i1zOpvDDQOjXD.gif

nice kneebar counter to knee strike for the finish.

you owe it to yourself to at least watch the full Petkov vs Tariel match, Petkov does everything at fat speed:

http://youtu.be/c650Epoc7-o?t=1h29m21s

strobogo

Banned
A animated represenation to my reactions today:

Went to StroMomo's to pick up the old iPhone. Got a giant tub of chicken and noodles.

ibamOqwgjZU7M7.gif

Went to the grocery near by to pick up some chips and salsa. I went to the salsa aisle and found Herdez. I looked down one and saw a 2 pound jar.

ibu6O3rk3k4EJw.gif

I looked down again and saw a 4 pound jar.

i7QT4PHp3uvQu.gif

Artist rendering of what I may look like later tonight.

id2I7ea8bDTqP.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched a gaki no tsukai batsu game from 2011 in an airport the other day. Enjoyable to watch Masa Chono slap the shit out of one of the hosts.

strobogo

Banned
That's so bad. If MOM were supposed to be these serious dudes from what appears to be Harlem, why did they come out in purple Hammer plants and throw their hands in the air? It's like they just didn't care.

Penguin

I can see it now. We all sign up for WWE Network ready to sink our teeth into some New Generation, Attitude Era, and Ruthless Agression Raw.

THANK YOU FOR SINGING UP. YOU NOW HAVE ACCESS TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW 2010 TO PRESENT. ENJOY.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

To be fair, get a week free.. and sure we'll have someone give us a full report before everyone jumps in!

Downhome

Just saw this on the WWE FB. Huh...

Veteran wrestling journalist Bill Apter makes his WWE.com debut with this inside look at what was once the most shocking moment in WWE history — the night Bruno Sammartino lost his WWE Title to Ivan Koloff in Madison Square Garden.
FULL STORY: http://wwe.me/sIiJZ

That 12 month gap between WCW dying and TNA starting is pretty surreal for the sheer amount of start up feds that attempt to get something going and pretty much ALL of them having the exact same roster!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
That 12 month gap between WCW dying and TNA starting is pretty surreal for the sheer amount of start up feds that attempt to get something going and pretty much ALL of them having the exact same roster!

XWF is ready for that push brother!

not that fake 2009 comeback

FyreWulff

TBH, I don't think we'll see a stable competitor to the WWE until everyone from the WCW ages out of the business or dies.

Otherwise we're just going to keep seeing attempts to bring WCW back under another skin, and it ain't gonna work

Aiii

So not worth it
TBH, I don't think we'll see a stable competitor to the WWE until everyone from the WCW ages out of the business or dies.

Otherwise we're just going to keep seeing attempts to bring WCW back under another skin, and it ain't gonna work

It's the only thing that WILL work. If you want to be competition to WWE, you need to be like WWE. You can't be an indie, you can't be ECW, you can't be anything but exactly what the mainstream crowd wants and that's WWE-style. Bisschof understood this, to beat WWF, he had to be WWF and be better at being WWF than WWF was. And that's what he did with Nitro until WWF reversed that years later and became better at being WCW than WCW was.

Though to be fair, WCW helped alot with that by being absolute shit from halfway through 98 and beyond.

I still feel like TNA could have been bigger if they had stayed true to their 'beliefs' and didn't chop and change every 2-3 years for a quick fix. People were starting to invest in the Divas Division, The X-Divison, etc and then they blitz it all to be WWE-Shite.

Striker

WWF was mild as it gets compared to the other two. After WCW did the Hall and Nash invasion and bringing in some concepts from ECW, they started bringing in more viewers. Vince had to stop making dentists and garbage men.

Aiii said:
It's the only thing that WILL work. If you want to be competition to WWE, you need to be like WWE. You can't be an indie, you can't be ECW, you can't be anything but exactly what the mainstream crowd wants and that's WWE-style. Bisschof understood this, to beat WWF, he had to be WWF and be better at being WWF than WWF was. And that's what he did with Nitro until WWF reversed that years later and became better at being WCW than WCW was

I don't buy that all the mainstream wants is what WWE gives them, not for one second. I highly doubt you'll ever see another "me too!" sort of promotion get anywhere close to WWE's business, so the only alternative IS to provide an alternative - sure, you can list all the alternatives that HAVEN'T worked, but one day there'll be an alternative that does things differently and garners hype and generates buzz and forces Vince to change what his promotion is, just like ECW & WCW did in the mid-90's.

TNA needs to hurry up and die, leaving a gap in the market that hopefully someone, ANYONE, will pick up on and use to challenge WWE. Competition breeds success, the only think a lack of competition breeds is complacency.

Aiii

So not worth it
If you want to rival WWE? For sure you need to bring a WWE type of wrestling program.

If you're happy with 1.0 ratings, then sure, you can be different. ECW was different and had buzz, but it was never a ratings or PPV buyrate draw by any means. They barely made 1.0 in a time when wrestling was a lot hotter than it is now. Not to mention getting a TV deal was near impossible because the networks didn't like the content.

I agree, it'll happen one day probably due to the WWE slipping up and resting on it's 'success'. Sure they're making a ton of money year on year, but ratings, buy rates and general opinion seems to be decreasing year on year. I get the feeling that more and more people are starting to become aware they've watched the same show for a decade more or less.

The cynical side of me thinks WWE are taking so many top indie stars just so they're no longer in the indies (and in turn hurting the promotions they're with).

I'd be really interested in seeing how a foreign promotion would do in the US if they ever managed to get a TV deal.

It's not about wreslting it's about stars. People needs names they know . WWE has the biggst names.

Are you going to see diesel bret and HBK or hogan, flair and savage??

strobogo

Banned
There will never be a competitor to WWE in America. They've reached the same level as the NBA for basketball and NFL for football. There are other leagues, but they don't matter. Alternative and competitor aren't at all the same thing. TNA says they are an alternative, but think of themselves as a competitor and that's why they suck. You can't compete and trying is a pointless and costly endeavor.

It's not about wreslting it's about stars. People needs names they know . WWE has the biggst names.

Are you going to see diesel bret and HBK or hogan, flair and savage??

That was sort of the point I was making with TNA's constant changes. Each time it looked like they had built or established a star from within their own roster, they went and changed direction, bought in a bunch of old-WWE names and dumped the other guys back down the roster.

If they had just stayed true to their original plans, I think TNA would have grown and people would have become educated to TNA's own style - the whole THIS IS WRESTLING bullshit they preached for like 5 years then dropped it as soon as they became 'popular' on Spike.

Top Bottom