• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

G-Fex

I like ribs and I like tacos. Also, Ahmed is fat as fuck and I imagine he got that fat by eating 100s of tacos and full racks of ribs for lunch every day. He also looks like Abdullah the Butcher, who runs a ribs place.

I used to love eating Ribs. Man I need to go to a ribs place.

Also Ahmed kinda looks like Viscera kinda.

Man, La Sombra was so, so lucky Ultimo Guerrero had the wherewithal to rush forward and catch him on that botched springboard implosion senton to the floor. He could easily have landed neck first on the concrete and I shudder to think what could have happened, given the height. Lucky guy.

Also, either Ultimo was selling really well, or legitimately hurt after the finish. Hope it's the former, he's been one of my favourites on this tour.

G-Fex

I like ribs and tacos too! Just not ribbed tacos.
You know what mexicans over here eat? Mariscos aka Fish tacos! Tacos with fish or sometimes tacos with shrimp. It's wacky I don't think i'd like it.

What if that tweet from Mable was actually about Ahmed?
well it's possible. Ahmed would probably tweet in all caps and it'd be just like one of his promos from WWF Warzone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wonton beef stew

Forgot to take my medication Morty

DMczaf

I hated it when Ahmed's tights would always go up his ass, creating a make shift thong.

Ain't nobody wanna see all that.

So I guess the current front runner for the main event of WM is Orton vrs Batista with Batista winning the rumble.

That cant possably main event the biggest WM shows of all time can it? Like, I know they are buddies with Triple H but surely that would get bumped to the mid card if they wanted to have Batista win the rumble?

Maybe Taker would close the show?

Maybe Triple H himself finds a way for him to do main event.

strobogo

Banned
Batista/Orton sounds like a terrible main even of a B level PPV. Sounds like a super terrible one for WM. I'd much rather see Batista vs Cena, Bork, Taker, or Bryan. Or even HHH. Batista vs Sting!

strobogo

Banned
Sea food is not for me. I don't know why people think crabs and lobster are such high class meals. You wear a bib and eat sea bugs. Nothing high class about that.

G-Fex

What about shrimp? They're the chicken strips of the sea!

I just can't get past the fishiness, my how I've tried over the years. But I just can't do it. I'll eat the chips though no problem.

Ah it's alright. Least we like chips, I'll buy you a round someday.

Mascara Dorada is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. How is he that good? I mean, goddamn. Dude's insane.

Despite the last match being a total spotfest, it was also a TON of fun. Really enjoyed it. The whole 2nd half of the show was great fun.

strobogo

Banned
I'm thinking about trashing the Jerry Lawler Show review. It's super dry and boring. Straight interviews from King like he's Tom Snyder.

Yeah, the Jerry Lawler show is almost always dull as hell. There's one episode where he commentates over one of his matches in Japan, which was kinda interesting though.

Just to properly illustrate Mascara Dorada's insanity;

ij5oR8KZFhAh7.gif

iZyG2mF1prOoD.gif

i3jQF81jd1LlV.gif

iHP0lFIMstAOk.gif

iz0qZuFmLGTox.gif

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

The Jerry Lawler Show

After King went on Letterman, he decided he could do his own version.

Austin Idol (1983)

The first guest on the first show. Naturally, King's partner was his first choice. This is actually less David Letterman and more like The Tomorrow Show. King says that many wrestlers fake their hometown, but he wants to know if Idol is really from Las Vegas. Idol is indeed from Vegas. King is also sketching while doing his interview. Is Austin Idol married? Of course not! It's not fair to the women of the world for him to be married. Idol is asked about a plane crash he was in where a fellow wrestler died. Very straight and dry.

Koko Ware & Dutch Mantel (1983)

This starts with Koko playing piano and singing while Dutch is playing guitar. Koko is pretty good. Dutch is playing an electric guitar that doesn't appear to even be plugged into an amp. Koko's been singing gospel his whole life. Dutch starts to play Louie, Louie. I guess he was plugged in after all. Koko is also a good friend of B.B. King. We're shown some clips of Koko in the ring. Both King and Koko make cheesy jokes such as "You've got a face made for radio" and "I've already got a record. A police record".

i9cxjkp9qdFtF.gif

Lily Butler Interview (1983)

King talked with super fan Lily Butler. She's been going to shows since before King was even born. She doesn't like any heels. She hates Jimmy Hart. Me too. She actually hit Jimmy with her cane once.

Lance Russell Interview (1983)

Lance explains how he got into wrestling. He had been doing sports for a TV station and when wrestling started being carried, he volunteered to do the wrestling and it stuck. We get a picture of a very youthful Lance at the TV station. They talk about King breaking into wrestling by sending in drawings of the wrestlers. We get to see some of them. We get some clips of young King trying to scare Lance with Dr. Frank. It appeared to actually be Boris Karloff in full Frankenstein get up. Every week, King would do something to fuck with Lance.

iwXKG5L5la7za.gif

iqn2oYQkUV7HE.gif

Special Olympics (1984)

An interview with a super fan from the Special Olympics. The super fan even got to get his girlfriend on the air. The fan wants to know how King feels about meeting a fan like him. It was nice.

Tommy Rich Interview (1984)

Tommy talks about being a double champion and facing larger talent like King Kong Bundy. King asks if Tommy's solo run is putting any strain on his team with Eddie Gilbert. Tommy doesn't believe so. Tommy is mostly concerned with getting his free meal vouchers.

Jerry Lawler Viewer Mail (1984)

The first letter asks about the Bad News music video King made. This also includes Mr. Roggin's Neighborhood, which is just clips of coaches and athletes getting crazy. This is actually 3 different segments in one. The first question was part of the Tommy Rich segment, as was the weird sports thing. The next one is an in studio phone call where a woman asks why wrestlers always work the left arm and leg. King says it is because the majority of wrestlers are right handed and wrestlers will give up their weak limb to keep their dominant limb strong for escapes.

Kareem Muhammad Show (1985)

Kareem buries the show and says no one wants to hear Jerry Lawler but dead people. He thinks he can do the show better than King. His grandmama can do it better than King. King invites Kareem to come over from Studio B and take over the show. This is after Kareem messed up his lines to bad that King immediately started laughing at him. Then he gets on the set and throws to commercial. Kareem talks with Tojo and Jerry Jarrett. This is awful. "You see this outfit? It reminds me of when I used to shoot at chinks like you over in Vietnam, man." This makes Jerry laugh. "All you look alike." Tojo is Hawaiian and billed as Japanese. Kareem calls Jerry a pervert for some reason and they leave the show.

Two Year Anniversary Celebration (1985)

I think I see a cake, so someone should their face smashed in it. Steve Conway from the local radio station gave some words. "To a man that can say 'That's not my child' in seven different languages, you've done well for yourself." A clown comes in with a balloonogram. This is so stupid. A redneck gives King a Hogamania shirt. Fernando from Ecuador calls in, telling King to watch the bologna and says he doesn't know what full grown midget means.

Brickhouse Brown Interview (1987)

King does this in the crowd with Brickhouse in the ring. This was before Brickhouse turned face. We're shown footage of King vs Don Bass. Brickhouse interfered and attacked King. Nothing interesting at all.

Imagine if John Cena got his own TV show where he got to interview other people on the roster for no reason other than he was the top face in the company. And that show lasted for years.

Top Bottom