• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

So I figure I post some more things about Kayfabe Commentaries as I almost always buy their releases although I still have yet to buy the Timeline of 1963-1969 with Bruno Sammartino.

I watched "Breaking Kayfabe" with Jim Cornette where he ranted for almost three hours on everything from WWE to WCW to TNA and mostly ROH. It was kind of interesting.

February 4th is when Timeline 1993 WCW with Vader comes out. That should be good.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So I figure I post some more things about Kayfabe Commentaries as I almost always their releases although I still have yet to buy the Timeline of 1963-1969 with Bruno Sammartino.

I watched "Breaking Kayfabe" with Jim Cornette where he ranted for almost three hours on everything from WWE to WCW to TNA and mostly ROH. It was kind of interesting.

February 4th is when Timeline 1993 WCW with Vader comes out. That should be good.

WCW Vader was so badass

That fucking mask releasing steam was so gdlk

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

More Memphis Music

Jerry Lawler (My Way)

The AWA and CWA are doing a retirement ceremony for the AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship, presenting King with the belt as he's held it for 6 of the past 10 years. There will be a redesigned title coming, but the original will be King's personal property from now on. We then get a video set to My Way of King's best moments while Southern Heavyweight Champion. Included was a clip of him doing the Sting entrance from the rafters.

Jimmy Valiant (Boy From New York City)

Another in ring montage.

Jerry Lawler vs. Dutch Mantel (The Winner Takes It All)

Seems like an inappropriate song for a wrestling video. Montage of a single match. Dutch won it.

Jerry Lawler vs. Nick Bockwinkel (Winning)

Highlights of their series, although with some extra footage that didn't make the aired versions.

ibs3Za2Igj1M6s.gif

Koko Ware & Dutch Mantel (We Are the Champions)

In ring stuff. Come on, give me some Fabulous Ones styled videos, damn it!

Bruise Brothers (Soul Man)

Sweet. These dudes pretending to be the Blues Brothers.

inuYJg6fvV5nv.gif

New Generation (Let’s Hear It for the Boy)

This is like a Fabulous Ones meets Dukes of Hazard video. This is so goofy. These guys ride on each other's motor cycles and also take horse carriage rides together on their property, while shirtless and chewing on wheat. And swimming together a lot. The 80s were such a weird time where you would have clearly a loving gay couple being a happy gay couple, but no one realized that's what was going on.

iz9JrErEyW7aH.gif

ibj2lJPZxVS2so.gif

Harley Davidson & Dirty Rhodes (Let’s Hear It for the Boy)

Not excited for the same song. Harley Davidson is better known as Hillbilly Jim. This is an in ring montage.

Rock N Roll Express (Jump)

This starts with the most amazingly 80s fade in possible. Colors all over the place in this. It's in ring stuff bumpered with the RNR driving their car fast and warming up before a match. Sound fades out part way through.

igpA7AGQTPloG.gif

Dirty White Boys (Dirty White Boy)

The DWBs are the sleaziest looking guys you can imagine.

ioiRBAWH4QfSj.gif

Eddie Gilbert (Hot Stuff)

Eddie has two totally rad babes pick him up in a sports car and they go shopping.

ibsV1pSCgnsHmG.gif

Randy Savage & Lanny Poffo (State of Shock)

This is already bizarre, with quick cuts between Randy, Lanny in his knight armor, and a barking dog. And swimming. And hanging out in trees. And showering.

iePkJbLGkT0b2.gif

iKkYzcvlWgRsN.gif

Jerry Lawler (The Warrior)

Just in ring stuff.

Louisville Sluggers (Look Out for #1)

I don't know who these guys are. Very short.

Randy Savage (War Machine)

Bah god, it's TAZ! Mostly in ring stuff with some training thrown in.

iTqpZb6khazg3.gif

Koko Ware (The Bird)

Just in ring stuff, but I didn't know he was doing the bird man gimmick before he was in the WWF. There isn't an actual bird with him, though.

Austin Idol (The Kid is Hot Tonight)

In ring stuff.

Austin Idol (Holding Out for a Hero)

Training montage!

ioGPBelhPZcL8.gif

Tracy Smothers (When the Going Gets Tough)

Do you want to bone Tracy Smothers in a horse barn?

iFY2SqgsrcWTW.gif

Soul Train Jones (Living In America)

Soul Train is Virgil, who dressed up like Apollo Creed once upon a time. He also used to dance with the kids and looked to actually have charisma.

ibkWYGa2NmfObL.gif

Jeff Jarrett (Dreams)

Clips of Jeff wrasslin and winning prizes at the fair. This also includes an ad for a poster where Jeff was sexy as fuck.

iJeCnNHYJD7Y2.gif

Jerry Lawler (Turn the Page)

Mostly in ring stuff with King heading to a show mixed in.

Bill Dundee (Gypsies on Parade)

This is clips of Dundee being on the road and going to diners and stuff.

Jerry Lawler (Wanted Dead or Alive)

They used the same clips in every King video. Guaranteed to see him doing a fist drop from the 70s, punching Bock, knocking Hogan around, and having no problems with Kamala.

Freddy (Do the Freddie)

Memphis told copyrights to SUCK IT. Not only do they have a full on Freddy Krueger character, but they also use a song from the Freddy Krueger album to promote him.

i3xJMSatZI3iD.gif

The only thing left is a disc covering major events in the First Family.

somedevil

Someone saw the AJ Styles shoot. Here is some of the interesting stuff he said:

WWE never contacted him

AJ would have no issue going to NXT for a "short time". He would think it would be good to get a look at the "WWE way" and also to get used to their ring. But he would NOT move his family there and would NOT spend a considerable amount of time like some of his previous ROH breathren.

-Interviewer asked him to address rumors that TNA initally offered him a contract that was 50% less than what he was currently making and for less years. AJ smiled, put his head down and hesitated before answering. Seemed like he was confirming it, but he did not.

-He did confirm that the offer was for less and was for only 2 years, not 5 like he had on his last contract.

-AJ came back asking for more money than his current deal, more years and some perks. He wanted his airfare, hotels and rental cars paid for by TNA.

-Confirmed that Dixie is NO LONGER in charge of finances

-Said Booker refused to put others over, which is something a few people I know there have also told me.

-Hated how Hogan was in it for himself.

-Confirmed Paul Heyman was all but a done deal to come to TNA It didnt happen because Heyman had one demand that TNA refused to meet....100% creative control. Money, years, etc. all were settled. Creative control over booking ended up being the stickler and thats why Heyman DID NOT come to TNA.

-Jarrett resigning put a halt to him resigning.

-Said he was very concerned when Jarrett left. If Jarrett, who put his blood, sweat, tears and own money into TNA, would just up and leave.....was this ship sinking so bad that he wanted off?

-Believes the Claire Lynch story could have been awesome, if it was played out the way they initially wanted.

-Claire was to be the niece of Dixie...be a Carter and she would be incredibly hot. But the people above Dixie nixed the niece thing, as they felt it bring bad press to the Carter family. They did say they got the "hot chick" though. AJ stated obviously they were blind and she was NOT hot. Not at all. Seemed to have vomited in his mouth.

Basically AJ is going to be on the new Jeff Jarrett show when he starts it up. Also the actress of Claire Lynch will never be forgiven.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bet Heyman could have done some awesome stuff with a guy like Abyss. Those AJ/Abyss matches were awesome before Abyss went back to being ... whatever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised that thread about the Football Player cutting a promo isn't filled with more "What's a promo?!" replies.

Do you remember the OUTRAGE over the use of "cuts a promo" in "Angry man cuts a promo on girl on subway"?

DMczaf

-Claire was to be the niece of Dixie...be a Carter and she would be incredibly hot. But the people above Dixie nixed the niece thing, as they felt it bring bad press to the Carter family. They did say they got the "hot chick" though. AJ stated obviously they were blind and she was NOT hot. Not at all. Seemed to have vomited in his mouth.

Claire.gif

G-Fex

Jeff jarrett is the guy who believes he is a superstar that never got his break but doesn't realize he is an improved version of Eric Watts.
Yeah I guess when you put it that way
If only he'd stop hitting people with a guitar and start playing it instead.

I'd like to see this too. Do it for the fans Double J
ROH has a masked wrestler named "The Romantic Touch"????

da fuck

PFFT, Sin Cara can be romantic. Just get him and Eva Marie together in mixed tag action and bam she'll fall head over heels with him. LITERALLY

I think it's time for me to watch some TNA dvd.

tm24

Gonna be a bit late on the Rumble OT, Niners game and gf got me legit shook! Tuesday at the latest!

Also, heres the latest list for the Rumble Lottery

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
darkbanjo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to getting that coveted #30 spot.

It's gonna be mine. I have the money to make it happen.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ROH is TNA-Lite

guys interrupt a match right as the bell rings just to a cut a promo in the ring while the match is still in progress.

da fuck happened to SCUM

I haven't seen them since they booted Steen

Gonna be a bit late on the Rumble OT, Niners game and gf got me legit shook! Tuesday at the latest!

Also, heres the latest list for the Rumble Lottery

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
darkbanjo
sf2fanatic]

Dammit my rumble qualifying victory match over Harry D goes unnotice.

:(

E: Is DM gonna pull a Macho King in the rumble when RBH goes and hunts him ala Warrior.

So how does Vince parody this sheamus thing .

I'm guessing some off hand comment by JBL.

" that punk mighhle, dropping bombs like Richard Sherman did on the 49niners !"

Rapstah

They're supposed to be friends now but Russo hasn't changed a bit (although he'll claim he has) so I don't know what that means.

Top Bottom