• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
I tried to watch his newest KC show and couldn't deal with 15 minutes of him bitching about Russo. I'll watch Thy Kingdom Come instead.

hhh1.jpg

strobogo

Banned
All I see are STRIATIONS.

EDIT: Kanyon sighting in the Power Plant! It's funny how they make his time in WCW sound like a big deal with him being a superstar on the rise when he was one of the glut of weekend show guys who was no where near a title or being a star.

strobogo

Banned
Even watching it back, I still don't remember it at all. It feels like WWE has given up on big moments in the Rumble. Someone winning and Kofi's stupid shit are all they do now. No big meeting between two legit stars, no star making performances, nothing. So weird, kayfabe mentioned on a WWE DVD.

Recall

Watched last years Royal Rumble and I still can't believe what a mess CM Punk vs. The Rock was.

I don't even know the card is for this year, shows how much attention I've been paying.

G-Fex

Now you understand why I took up drinking after going my whole life without it. I also watched a lot of the WCW stuff sped up to get through it quicker.

I drank my fill of rockstar today, I ain't got shit! I got soda but that's it. No snacks no nothing. I'm borked. This shit has black reign...BLACK REIGN.

strobogo

Banned
Rockstar seems like it would make things worse. Booze makes it easier. These stupid reviews are like a real job. One that Sunny refuses to pay me for. The boss treats me like a slave.

G-Fex

Yeah it's not exactly helpful with stress or blood pressure I imagine. I'm going to finish it, just like I finished final doom.

Tell you what Stro, you think you could put my review on the site? Unless you already got a review for Turning point 2007.

Sunflower is a pimp and you're all just his hoes.

That's what you are, Strobogo. Just a ho turning tricks.

The way I see it, in this thread you have two options:

Be the pimp or one of his hoes.

Me?

I'm gunning for the top, daddy.

Recall

My brother asked and I was unsure but are there any John Cena PPV matches where he is challenging for the title (in a singles match) and fails?

Recall

Trying to look it up. So far I only found a draw with Punk at Night of Champions 2012.

We googled it and checked some results and it seems that every time he challenges for the title he wins, which sort of killed the outcome of many matches.

strobogo

Banned
Good DVD. It skipped over some of the more salacious parts of HHH's career like the death reign where he didn't do what's best for business on a regular basis, but Hunner does seem like a genuinely good dude outside of the ring. I think they went a little over board with the praise at times (especially Batista, but HHH completely made his career so it is understandable), but I do think the IWC in general underrates him as a wrestler. I think if you go back and watch 2002-2004 stuff, you'll find HHH matches much better than what you thought at the time. He was the best guy on Raw during that time and his matches were the best during that period.

Xater

We googled it and checked some results and it seems that every time he challenges for the title he wins, which sort of killed the outcome of many matches.

Last time it happened was apparently Vengeance 2011. Del Rio was the champion and beat Cena via TKO.

Edit: Also Wrestlemania 2011, but yeah it's a rare thing.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My brother asked and I was unsure but are there any John Cena PPV matches where he is challenging for the title (in a singles match) and fails?

Vengeance 2011. Del Rio (c) beat Cena in a Last Man Standing match

Aiii

So not worth it

Haha, whenever Cena has a match I just assume he's winning. Prevents frustration.

Aiii

So not worth it
What if Cena had a 50% win record one year? Would opinions on him change any?

If they were clean losses and in notable matches, sure.

He'd still have all his other flaws, but sure, it would definitely have a positive impact on his image and staleness.

bjork

Gonna be a bit late on the Rumble OT, Niners game and gf got me legit shook! Tuesday at the latest!

Also, heres the latest list for the Rumble Lottery

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
darkbanjo

I don't know what this is, so add me first and explain the rules second.

Hasney

Think I might book the Monday after the Rumble off work and soak in the whole Rumble weekend, including the Avatar Rumble.

There's a pub showing the PPV live, but I need to find someone to drag with me too.

Striker

If they were clean losses and in notable matches, sure.

He'd still have all his other flaws, but sure, it would definitely have a positive impact on his image and staleness.
Notable? Absolutely. As for losing clean in big matches, Bret was probably the biggest name off the top of my head. Bulldog and Owen beat him clean at SummerSlam and Wrestlemania, respectively. Top babyfaces generally won't be beaten clean - it's okay mostly because it protects them. At the same time, Cena's been protected since 2004. No other guy has been for nearly as long.

Top Bottom