• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

jred2k

TNA shows look like a lot of fun to go to. You wouldn't have to wait in line at the urinal like at those pesky attended events.

KissVibes

Banned
SHIRTS:

BATISTA:

39158.jpg

CENA (Who has run out of colors and now has his NEON COLLECTION):

I always liked the look of the Brock Lock. He made it look insane.

Agreed. I get that the kimura is "legit" but the BROCK LOCK looks way cooler.

You. I like you. *handshake*

I like you too, brother!

*shakes hand*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They should go back to the drawing board with that Batista shirt, the MMA influence is really huge on it.

Also serves as a minor spoiler on how he's returning - sounds like they'll be paying attention and calling attention to his UNDEFEATED MMA record. :)

DMczaf

Everything about this Batista returns screams "generic babyface"

Ugh. This is going to be Rock all over again. Both guys who were more entertaining as heels being forced to be faces because it's what's best for business :(

Ah. My knowledge of Japanese wrestling during that era outside of the main stars is very minimal so I was just reading about how UWFi basically lost all the matches vs NJPW wrestlers.

Yeah, other than Takada winning the IWGP title from Mutoh, it was a very one-sided feud. But that's because, like the NJPW vs UWF feud in the 80's, it was only happening because UWFi were in deep financial trouble - New Japan agreed to the feud, but only if Riki Choshu be given full creative control and he was determined to show that NJPW wrestlers were the best, as Takada had angered him by making a lot of public comments deriding the New Japan style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roll call: who's watching Raw live tonight to see Batister?

And should we set up a nerd chat for it?

GARY ALBRIGHT vs NOBUHIKO TAKADA - UWFi, 1992

iD45nKfo3dy71.gif

this is Gary Albright. American, big, fat, strong, with a mullet. also the original human suplex machine. sadly died in 2000 of heart failure.

itYm8P5xJxDIb.gif

Gary goes nuts as soon as the bell rings, HUGE belly-to-belly.

iIYwDbL8HM3Ri.gif

goddamn, what a striking combination from Takada to take the big man down, lovely stuff.

ibyFCBCJWt1V8G.gif

HUGE SIDE SUPLEX, good stuff.

iijsvVcFP2q7v.gif

Takada loves getting hit with the World Strongest Slam.

ieFXI5c1bwTAr.gif

what's better than 1 belly-to-belly suplex? 2 of them.

iLRtnUC1QKRuz.gif

Takada fights back with another beautiful striking combination.

iDH095jPG0Cdr.gif

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!

ieLMJa46uKriN.gif

finish comes from a belly-to-back that send Takada down to the count and win Gary the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do I have to PM tm24 to qualify for the lottery?

I wonder if Batista would be in a match tonight.

Since Del Rio is in the doghouse, I imagine Bats will come out, Batista Bomb, and leave. Though I'd rather see an angle develop, it's possible. Del Rio has that MMA experience so they could do a worked match to build to Lesnar, OR to build Batista the same way they did with Brock in the ring.

gnrmjd

If they were clean losses and in notable matches, sure.

He'd still have all his other flaws, but sure, it would definitely have a positive impact on his image and staleness.

He needs his wins to make stars. Both Punk and Bryan owe a LARGE part of their success to Cena's win record, just as Batista did with HHH.

KissVibes

Banned
Why is ADR in the doghouse? Is it because he can't get a reaction without a sidekick?

Batista really should come back and shit on Bret Hart, talk about how he gave Sheamus his big break at Fatal 4-Way, how Orton only won after F4W because Batista wasn't around, how Cena isn't hugging fat girls but plastic ones now, ect...

I just want him to be a mega asshole.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL....Del Rio doing MMA stuff with Bork? The ban did more damage than we thought.

You ever see ol Dos Caras Jr's fight with Crocop? He got mopped but he had the balls to step in there.

strobogo

Banned
Just the idea that they'd waste Bork on ADR so he can show off that he knows how to get head kicked is ridiculous. Sunny, are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay, Sunny?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just the idea that they'd waste Bork on ADR so he can show off that he knows how to get head kicked is ridiculous. Sunny, are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay, Sunny?

Bork or Bats? Signs point to a Bats/ADR thing but knowing WWE they may blow it off fast.

Gonna be a bit late on the Rumble OT, Niners game and gf got me legit shook! Tuesday at the latest!

Also, heres the latest list for the Rumble Lottery

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
darkbanjo

Add me, please! Thank you!

Ripclawe

Banned
- According to a new report by F4WOnline.com, another explanation for Ryback's controversial Twitter rants last weekend was because WWE is pushing talents to do different things on social media to get people talking when weekends are slow. Ryback was reportedly described as the perfect candidate for the job because people backstage in WWE believe that Ryback really is crazy
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...versial-Twitter-Rants.htm#j40yIMejPH5JEOP7.99

I believe it....

gurudyne

Hey dudes i havent seen WWE since EDGE retired.
What are the highlight matches since then? Who is this Daniel Bryan dude?

And yes i know im askin' for too much :3

Bootaaay keeps a running list somewhere. It's worth a gander. Two things missing from the previous replies are

a) WWE's revamped development show, NXT, is the best show they produce now. It's all about new guys with occasional cameos from RAW stars. Great women's division, the writers can write to characters' strengths and it focuses on good in-ring work (a lot of the time). It doesn't deliver 100% of the time, but I've yet to see a show where there wasn't something worth watching. And Sami Zayn vs Cesaro 2-of-3 -Falls match was my MOTY last year.

b) Goldust (yes that one) has had a phenomenal comeback. And the story about his comeback (Authority vs Rhodes family) was the greatest angle of 2013. Check out his singles match (and the buildup to it) against Orton.

http://i.imgur.com/6i7XjNE.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Eager to see how you fit Nylund into this thread.

Penguin

So after this whole Sherman promo thingie

I was checking Youtube for promos and stuff, and most of the memorable ones were all delivered by heels. Aside from Dusty's "Working man" promo, what are some other memorable face promos?

bjork

I don't care if he can FU the big show or whatever, Cena can't woo right and that's unforgivable.

So after this whole Sherman promo thingie

I was checking Youtube for promos and stuff, and most of the memorable ones were all delivered by heels. Aside from Dusty's "Working man" promo, what are some other memorable face promos?

Jake at wrestlemania 6.
Macho man on the WMX special with Vince, in a studio.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I miss Kaitlyn and her tracts of land.

But I'd rather have a shot with ODB.

kBQoMEE.gif

Rapstah

I believe it....
I don't think Ryback's Twitter thing was organised in that way. In the Observer Radio where Alvarez and Meltzer discuss it for the first time, Meltzer says something to the effect of "maybe that's what they'll be doing on weekends now to keep people talking" without actually directly saying that's why Ryback did it. Alvarez started saying Ryback's thing was done in that way after that. Maybe his sources actually did disclose to him that that's what it was, but the way he's been saying it every time since makes me feel like he's just reporting his misunderstanding of exactly what Meltzer said as fact.

bjork

You know, if Raw had a crowd like that post-WM every week, I'd be 100% more interested in watching. That Ziggler pop was unreal, even watching it for the second or third time.

Also, lol @ del rio's skinny calves. Go call Buff's surgeon.

KissVibes

Banned
You know, if Raw had a crowd like that post-WM every week, I'd be 100% more interested in watching. That Ziggler pop was unreal, even watching it for the second or third time.

Also, lol @ del rio's skinny calves. Go call Buff's surgeon.

Nah, Del Rio should just wear pants. IIRC, the calf implants ruined Bagwell and he had to get them removed.

krae_man

Gonna be a bit late on the Rumble OT, Niners game and gf got me legit shook! Tuesday at the latest!

Also, heres the latest list for the Rumble Lottery

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman