• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Vylash

We're definitely not making any money. Legitshook.com is our vanity project, we do it for the love of the wrassles. Never looking to make a profit and to do that I think it'd be insane to try.

vince-mcmahon-money.jpg

Jamie OD

I'm not a Cena fan but they way he handles that crowd is just masterful.

His response to the "sexual chocolate" chants was hilarious.

One thing about Cena we should all appreciate is whenever the entire crowd is against him, he treats it as a challenge to win them back.

Double main event announced for DGUSA in Brooklyn on February 23rd;

Open The Freedom Gate Title: Johnny Gargano (c) vs. Roderick Strong
EVOLVE Title: AR Fox (c) vs. Chris Hero

Hero's done a ton of jobs since coming back to the indies, but I really hope he doesn't do the job here.

I can't be the only one who's completely and utterly over AR Fox and that one match he always wrestles, right? I mean, fuck. People shit on the Bucks for wrestling the same match over and over (although, doesn't that just make them the modern day R&R Express?), but it's nothing compared to Fox.

Rapstah

Fuck it, I'll go with wiki's definition. It's carried me through college!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_WWE#1993.E2.80.931997:_The_New_Generation

KOTR 1993 til Survivor Series 1997 it is!

I had no idea about this:
During this period, WWF's parent company Titan Sports was renamed World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc.
So this is why the new 2002 logo is just WW and doesn't just add the extra line to turn WWF into WWE. They actually removed a word.

To what extent are the 1993-1996 Raws available anyway and in what quality? If my math is correct then there should be 208 episodes and I kind of feel like watching them right now. 208 hours is a lot though.

Hero's done a ton of jobs since coming back to the indies, but I really hope he doesn't do the job here.

I can't be the only one who's completely and utterly over AR Fox and that one match he always wrestles, right? I mean, fuck. People shit on the Bucks for wrestling the same match over and over (although, doesn't that just make them the modern day R&R Express?), but it's nothing compared to Fox.
I'd be all for Hero taking it here.

AR Fox is the definition of flipy flip wrestler and follows that script in every match.

edit: also, count me in for any wrestling podcast. WRESTLING!

darkbanjo

He doesn't post often here, but I keep it open for whenever he likes to post. :) I enjoy them when they come out.

:) Thanks Sun. I never quite knew whether anyone was reading my stuff but one person is more than enough. Been a bit preoccupied with work the past few weeks but I'm hoping to get back to it ASAP. I've been enjoying Lambda's stuff a lot so it's on my mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
:) Thanks Sun. I never quite knew whether anyone was reading my stuff but one person is more than enough. Been a bit preoccupied with work the past few weeks but I'm hoping to get back to it ASAP. I've been enjoying Lambda's stuff a lot so it's on my mind.

Whenever's clever brother! I like em and I know people want more. We don't get a shitload of traffic on the site itself but it is gettin dem views.

Looking forward to this.

BROOKLYN BROOKLYN

AR Fox is alright I guess. He was really interesting say a year ago, but then fatigue...

I've decided to quit all indie wrestling viewing. I did the same with video games. I'm not touching indie games, wrestling, movies, or music. Ever.

I'm a AAA man in an independent shoestring world.

Yup. Still deciding what qualifies as "New Generation", is it everything after Hogan left in June 1993? Or is strictly at the start of 1994?

I think the New Generation started when Bret Hart won the title. By that time Hogan was gone, Warrior had a little stint, Savage was a sideshow and Flair passed the torch. We got new guys like Razor and Shawn Michaels became HBK.

Anth0ny

Stupid idea I thought of if Bryan has to miss Rumble due to concussion:

Wyatts beat the shit out of Bryan tonight on Raw, is forced to miss Rumble due to injury. They could mention the concussion too.

Cena wins belt at Rumble, somehow Bray Wyatt wins Royal Rumble. After winning, he challenges Bryan to a #1 contender match at Elimination Chamber. If Bryan wins, he gets the title shot at Mania. Of course, Bryan would win, presuming he's ready to go by the time Elimination Chamber comes around.

This:

-continues the Wyatts/Bryan feud that was kinda awkwardly dropped cold last monday
-gives Wyatts/Bryan something to do until March
-gives the fans what they want, assuming Bryan can't compete in Rumble
-even if Bray loses at Chamber, winning the Rumble is a big deal, people will remember that
-gives importance to the Elimination Chamber PPV. now that there's only one belt, it's pretty much a filler ppv between rumble and mania. a #1 contenders match gives you a reason to watch, especially if people expect bryan to win. I know I'd tune in.

what do you guys think? how else do they make the chamber ppv feel important?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright I got the quote back. A bit steeper than expected. Not out of the realm of possibility, but I'll need to save some money for a bit to make it happen in my budget. I won't reveal specifics, since that's bad form, but it's juuuust too much for me to do alone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since I changed my diet I've had killer farts. Just thought I'd share that with you in the hope that someone can relate.

All of mine vanished once I went on a meat and cheese only keto diet. It's like there was nothing in my body. I miss that. I think it's time to get back on the wagon.

gurudyne

They could have ADR unify the IC/US titles against Sheamus in the first of a best-of-eleven-PPV-matches series.

Interesting idea though. Wonder how Wyatt would play off the first big loss since his debut.

Stupid idea I thought of if Bryan has to miss Rumble due to concussion:

Wyatts beat the shit out of Bryan tonight on Raw, is forced to miss Rumble due to injury. They could mention the concussion too.

Cena wins belt at Rumble, somehow Bray Wyatt wins Royal Rumble. After winning, he challenges Bryan to a #1 contender match at Elimination Chamber. If Bryan wins, he gets the title shot at Mania. Of course, Bryan would win, presuming he's ready to go by the time Elimination Chamber comes around.

This:

-continues the Wyatts/Bryan feud that was kinda awkwardly dropped cold last monday
-gives Wyatts/Bryan something to do until March
-gives the fans what they want, assuming Bryan can't compete in Rumble
-even if Bray loses at Chamber, winning the Rumble is a big deal, people will remember that
-gives importance to the Elimination Chamber PPV. now that there's only one belt, it's pretty much a filler ppv between rumble and mania. a #1 contenders match gives you a reason to watch, especially if people expect bryan to win. I know I'd tune in.

It also gives Vince four weeks to convince himself that Wyatt vs. Cena is actually a good idea for a main event.

All of mine vanished once I went on a meat and cheese only keto diet. It's like there was nothing in my body. I miss that. I think it's time to get back on the wagon.

The increased meat and fibre in the diet, and the cut in carbs is to blame for mine. I think. I think I've lost weight just from the fact I'm 'regular'.

Forgot how much I loved Gary Albright. Essence d'America!

UFC: David vs Goliath was a memorable card. It's also got ol Don Frye doin it up...

i'll try to find it. i'll do anything from the 90s japanese shoot-style scene (including legit Bas Rutten or Frank Shamrock fights), early MMA (90s, including early PRIDE FC), IGF (Barnett, Sefo, LeBanner matches) and other rrandom stuff like K-1 cards with wrestlers in them, crossover fights, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i'll try to find it. i'll do anything from the 90s japanese shoot-style scene (including legit Bas Rutten or Frank Shamrock fights), early MMA (90s, including early PRIDE FC), IGF (Barnett, Sefo, LeBanner matches) and other rrandom stuff like K-1 cards with wrestlers in them, crossover fights, etc.

Man thinking back, K-1 had some fun-ass years.

I have legitimately no idea who is winning at the Rumble. Last year's was super obviously Rock Wins/Cena Wins. This year I'd probably say the likeliest options Orton and Bautista, but only because that's the absolute worst combination imaginable.

Also - I'd like it if the Main Event of Elimination Chamber should be Big E/ Ambrose/ Rollins/ Reigns/ Fandango/ Adolph in a unification of the IC/US titles. They should use the undercard to further the storylines of the WM main events (Punk/ Bryan/ Authority/ World Title/ Bork/ Bautista/ Undertaker/ Cena etc.) and to establish something for the tag titles (really I'd like them to do a big multi-team TLC at Mania, but I doubt it'd happen).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have legitimately no idea who is winning at the Rumble. Last year's was super obviously Rock Wins/Cena Wins. This year I'd probably say the likeliest options Orton and Bautista, but only because that's the absolute worst combination imaginable.

Also - I'd like it if the Main Event of Elimination Chamber should be Big E/ Ambrose/ Rollins/ Reigns/ Fandango/ Adolph in a unification of the IC/US titles. They should use the undercard to further the storylines of the WM main events and to establish something for the tag titles.

Yeah calling the Rumble winner is tough. You want to bet on the obvious picks but they absolutely can SWERVE the fuck out of things.

I don't think my boy Batista is gonna win. I think they'll get him a Mania feud out of it based on who eliminates him. Probably hit that world title run around Summerslam.

I'd be totally down for a 'surprise' guy to win it, like that year Santino was in the last 4 and it was like 'ZOMG'. Even though we all knew it wouldn't be him, we still wanted to believe it could be.

Laserfrog

Alright I got the quote back. A bit steeper than expected. Not out of the realm of possibility, but I'll need to save some money for a bit to make it happen in my budget. I won't reveal specifics, since that's bad form, but it's juuuust too much for me to do alone.

PM me the details!

strobogo

Banned
There are really only a few guys who could possibly win: Batista, a returning Sheamus, Punk, D-Bryne if he's able, and maybe Roman Reigns.

Top Bottom