• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

I must say, there is nothing funnier than Cena and Batista botching the end of the 05 Rumble and yet somehow getting a perfect double elimination out of it

Then CUE VINCE

I must say, there is nothing funnier than Cena and Batista botching the end of the 05 Rumble and yet somehow getting a perfect double elimination out of it

Then CUE VINCE

That was a botch?! Man, I thought that was one of the best worked finishes to a match ever. You being serious?

That was a botch?! Man, I thought that was one of the best worked finishes to a match ever. You being serious?

Serious as a torn quad

I'm hoping for a surprise entrant to be Steve Blackman.
It's not likely, but it'd be fantastic.

Yeahhh buddy, and he can bring kendo sticks and shit!

Batista was supposed to win clean. Vince blew out his quad coming down from the back to restart the match.

That was honestly a botched ending? I need to watch it again. I remember the quad bit, but the ending was a botch? The bastards.

Ya, what Man God said. Cena was supposed to just go over the ropes on the Batista Bomb but for some reason BIG DAVE went with him :p

Honestly I spent at least 10 minutes trying to find a way it WASN'T perfect and then I was like 'How did they do it'... and they LUCKED their way into that spot?

and then shit the bed over it?! The bastards.

They couldn't plan a better one again if they tried.

---

Well you know what... well played the refs!

jred2k

Ya, what Man God said. Cena was supposed to just go over the ropes on the Batista Bomb but for some reason BIG DAVE went with him :p

He didn't account for Cena's sweaty jorts weighing 65lbs.

WWE is coming back to Toronto in April awesome...wait

6Yp7B7V.jpg

:|

At least it isn't going to be just the lame parts of a roster while the rest are at Raw.

kiguel182

OK, so I've got WM 1 and WM 17 covered, you guys pick the slack. Slackers.

That was honestly a botched ending? I need to watch it again. I remember the quad bit, but the ending was a botch? The bastards.

That whole scene is hilarious.

Is as if the botch wasn't enough but even when they improvised it Vince tore he's quads.

What are the odds? Amazing.

Cut Bobo some slack, he's too busy finding Playroom strippers on twitch to keep up to date with all the latest nerdy wrestling news.

That whole scene is hilarious.

Is as if the botch wasn't enough but even when they improvised it Vince tore he's quads.

What are the odds? Amazing.

I just don't get how Batista fell out if that really was a botch. Maybe he figured he was about to get his neck broken by Cena and just said fuck it I'm going with you.

Vince gets props for somehow keeping a straight face after he destroyed himself.

It's the refs slick reactions that make it seem like it was planned. Those guys are the heroes.

Verendus

Banned
Yeah calling the Rumble winner is tough. You want to bet on the obvious picks but they absolutely can SWERVE the fuck out of things.

I don't think my boy Batista is gonna win. I think they'll get him a Mania feud out of it based on who eliminates him. Probably hit that world title run around Summerslam.
Batista is gonna win. Believe. There is no main event other than Batista vs. Lesnar that makes sense. The stage is set. I don't want no mid-carders or jobbers in a title match this year. There is only one title.

Ripclawe

Banned
I just don't get how Batista fell out if that really was a botch. Maybe he figured he was about to get his neck broken by Cena and just said fuck it I'm going with you.

Vince gets props for somehow keeping a straight face after he destroyed himself.

if I remember correctly, they were both supposed to go over but make it obvious that Cena hit the ground first, but it got screwed up that Batista hit the ground almost the same time as cena.

kiguel182

Cut Bobo some slack, he's too busy finding Playroom strippers on twitch to keep up to date with all the latest nerdy wrestling news.

It's the refs slick reactions that make it seem like it was planned. Those guys are the heroes.

If you take into consideration that Vince was probably screaming on his headset he really kept his cool.

I wonder what was going through their head when Vince just sat there in the ring. It should be an interesting read on the eventual Cena bio.

bigosc2k

Banned
Gonna be a bit late on the Rumble OT, Niners game and gf got me legit shook! Tuesday at the latest!

Also, heres the latest list for the Rumble Lottery

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
darkbanjo

Can I please be added in the list?

The worst part is there was really no reason for Vince to go out there. They had it handled. Just have Finkel announce the match is restarted per the refs, and done.

Recall

So without mentioning Summerslam can anyone share with me say, 5 WWE 2013 PPV matches worth seeing? If you have more than that then even better. Cheers.

UberTag

WWE is coming back to Toronto in April awesome...wait

6Yp7B7V.jpg

:|
Toronto should feel blessed they're getting house shows again.
They're lucky Vince humored those fans with a RAW taping back in September.
He thought he was screwing them over by booking a main event featuring Goldust.
Joke on him was that Dustin was in the best shape of his life and poised to launch his comeback of the year campaign.

(I miss Carl DeMarco.)

strobogo

Banned
So without mentioning Summerslam can anyone share with me say, 5 WWE 2013 PPV matches worth seeing? If you have more than that then even better. Cheers.

R-Truth vs Brodus Clay TLC
Total Divas vs True Divas Survivor Series
Miz vs Fandango NOC
Randy Orton vs Big Show Survivor Series
Bork Laser vs HHH Extreme Rules

Vylash

Punk vs Taker at Mania 29
Rollins and Reigns vs The Usos at Money In The Bank (well the kickoff show, but whatever)
I'm mentioning Summerslam anyway and saying Lesnar vs Punk and Cena vs Bryan
Goldust and Cody Rhodes vs Reigns and Rollins at Battleground
Survivor Series Elminiation match with The Shield and The Real Americans vs Rhodes, Goldust, The Usos, and Mysterio

Xater

Man I leave this thread for a bit to do the nerdy vidya games podcast with Penguin and now we have a new legitshool.com section? Vince is also trying to pimp the site on Colts show. What the hell?

Also Vince if Colt really ask for a lot you should try to get some Bean burying in there for free. I think that's a great idea by Strobo.

Oh christ the astroturfing thing is back in Gaming-GAF

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES

Also I vote we Benoit Speedy Blue Dude from WrassleGAF

It's really just because I want better odds in the Rumble Lottery but FUCK IT

CM Punk vs The Rock - Elimination Chamber
Shield vs the John Cena Trio (Sheamus/Ryback) - Elimination Chamber
Money in the Bank Match for the WWE Championship - MITB
Shield vs Rhodes Brothers - Battleground
Shield/Real Americans vs Usos, Rhodes, Rey Mysterio Survivor Series Match - Survivor Series

Xater

Oh wait there are actually two new sections on Legitshook. Shit happens fast here.

Maybe I should start reviewing wXw shows if I start going there regularly. lol

gurudyne

Punkertaker
Rhodes vs Shield at Battleground
2013 Red MitB match
Shield vs Usos
I'm blanking on a fifth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Apparently Maryse is doing real estate now. She doesn't say it like it does, but it really sounds like her fashion line failed. Usually real estate is what wrestlers do when they can't find anything else. Of course, she'd still be in the company if it wasn't for the Bellas. (which I'm sure it's just Nikki's doing because obviously Brie is perfect because she's fucking Daniel Bryan!)

Punk/Rock from EC was much better than the Rumble match.

Yeah, I double checked that after. I meant the one that didn't have the nonsense double ending with The Rock restarting the match by invoking his executive powers. Though the match at the Rumble had an infinitely more compelling story leading into it with Punk as the defending champion.

kiguel182

Undertaker vs CM Punk Wrestlemania

Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan Hell In a Cell

Orton vs Cena TLC

CM Punk vs Jericho Payback

CM Punk vs Ryback Hell In a Cell

Man, that was harder than I thought. SummerSlam really was an amazing PPV, shame that the buys weren't great. The best matches of the year were either there or on Raw.

You can also add the HHH vs Lesnar matches to that list, even if I didn't enjoyed them that much.

Punkertaker
Rhodes vs Shield at Battleground
2013 Red MitB match
Shield vs Usos
I'm blanking on a fifth.

Forgot Rhodes vs Shield. Maybe you can add the Survivor Series match? Rhodes Brothers gave us some good tag team action this year.

Recall

Now I'm even more concerned since I have the best PPV matches of 2013 boxset and it features two fucking horrible diva matches and a handful of trash so I was convinced the term "best of" was used loosely...again.

Seems I was proved correct. Time to track down the worthwhile stuff then.

Top Bottom