• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Who was more injury prone: Batista or Edge? Honorable mentions go to Undertaker and Mark Henry.

I was about to ask the exact opposite question.

Who has been injured the least?

I remember the Rock being injured only once. I don't remember Jericho being injured. I think he actually used that as part of the angle going into the WM against Edge.

To answer your question I'd say Edge. I remember him being gone an awful lot. Mark Henry has been on roll lately with injuries.

Verendus

Banned
That's like asking what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Batista had 2003, 2006, 2008, and 2009.

Edge has 2002, 2004, 2007, 2009 and 2011.

These two, especially Edge, what the hell? When you actually put it down, they spent far too much time injured. Injury took out Edge in 2011. I never even knew that, I thought he just retired.

So, uh, the Michigan State football team and crowd just did the Daniel Bryan "YES! YES! YES!" at halftime of the MSU/Ohio State basketball game.

Keep burying him though, Vince. You genius, you.

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

* SmackDown opens with The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. Both teams fight to a double countout. The lights go out and Bray Wyatt hits the ring with Daniel Bryan to beat up The Usos. There was a small "yes!" chant. Wyatt hit Sister Abigail on Jey Uso to end it.

* Backstage segment with Randy Orton and Vickie Guerrero. Orton is upset and says he will address Triple H and Stephanie McMahon on RAW.

* The Shield vs. CM Punk and The New Age Outlaws is announced for tonight's main event. Miz TV with Big Show is also announced.

* Big Show appears on Miz TV. He talks about RAW and what happened with Brock Lesnar. Paul Heyman comes out and cuts a promo on Lesnar, praising him and calling him The Ultimate Fighter of WWE. Show challenges Lesnar for the Royal Rumble and Heyman accepts on behalf of Lesnar.

* Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio and Los Matadores defeated Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Ryback and Curtis Axel when Rey hit 619 and the splash on Swagger.

* Randy Orton vs. Big E Langston is up next. Orton came out to a big pop. Orton ends up getting the win with a RKO in what was called a great back and forth match.

* Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt cut a backstage promo on The Usos for Monday's RAW. Bryan says everything we believe in is a lie and plays the heel. This was described as a very good promo.

* Xavier Woods defeated Fandango with a quick roll up. Cameron and Naomi beat down Summer Rae after the match.

* The Shield come out for the main event. Roman Reigns talks about beating CM Punk and says he's the new best in the world. Dean Ambrose says he's been having nightmares thanks to Jake Roberts. Seth Rollins says they're about the future and will be taking out The New Age Outlaws. CM Punk, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg are out next. The Shield gets the win after Reigns spears Gunn.

DMczaf

* Big Show appears on Miz TV.

ig09EWsKBSu2E.gif

Bowser

Smackdown Spoilers:

* SmackDown opens with The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. Both teams fight to a double countout. The lights go out and Bray Wyatt hits the ring with Daniel Bryan to beat up The Usos. There was a small "yes!" chant. Wyatt hit Sister Abigail on Jey Uso to end it.

* Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt cut a backstage promo on The Usos for Monday's RAW. Bryan says everything we believe in is a lie and plays the heel. This was described as a very good promo.

They had Bryan join the Wyatts so they could
feud with the Usos?
What?

UberTag

They had Bryan join the Wyatts so they could
feud with the Usos?
What?
Makes perfect sense when you understand the whole point of the angle is to deflate Bryan's popularity and eventually get him over as a chickenshit heel that can job to Cena.
That can't happen if they're feuding with someone noteworthy.

* Xavier Woods defeated Fandango with a quick roll up. Cameron and Naomi beat down Summer Rae after the match.
Clearly Fandango and Summer Rae are supposed to be the faces in peril for this program, right?

Toki767

I have to think the divas who aren't in Total Divas have much more likeable personalities outside the WWE than the ones who are on the show.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck. I thought they learned their lesson from Survivor Series. What a massive waste of Bork. A rematch from a series of matches a decade ago, but now one guy is a part timer and the other is old and needs to retire or at least go to part time role himself. Bork should be used with top stars for huge money matches or to help put someone over right on the brink, or a mix of both like with Punk. A match with a guy who has been firmly established for 18 years that gets less of a reaction every year is a waste. Mark Henry is kind of in the same boat as Show, but that match feels a lot more interesting at least.

How much are we expecting the WWE Network to cost? I'd be in if it's $8 like Netflix. I don't think I'd be willing to pay $15.

I keep hearing $15 which isn't too too bad for me because I often split PPVs with friends for $15 a person. So if we split $15...BOOM lol. I'd be much more happy with a $10 price though

DMczaf

Are you ready, dudebrotherjacks?

A source close to Wrestlezone sent in word that an employee of the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA – the site for tonight's WWE Smackdown taping – spotted Hulk Hogan in the backstage area. According to the source, Hogan said hello to a few people backstage, but denied taking any pictures.

If the rumors are true, Hogan is not likely to show up at tonight's WWE Smackdown taping, which will air this Friday. Should he return to the company at all, it will most likely happen on Monday Night Raw or a major PPV such as the Royal Rumble, or WrestleMania XXX. However, given that WWE will be firming up all its plans for the April event in the coming weeks, Hogan is likely backstage meeting with Triple H and other executives, working out a deal for Mania.

tumblr_myyoi857FI1rwax6fo1_500.jpg

Toki767

Fuck. I thought they learned their lesson from Survivor Series. What a massive waste of Bork. A rematch from a series of matches a decade ago, but now one guy is a part timer and the other is old and needs to retire or at least go to part time role himself. Bork should be used with top stars for huge money matches or to help put someone over right on the brink, or a mix of both like with Punk. A match with a guy who has been firmly established for 18 years that gets less of a reaction every year is a waste. Mark Henry is kind of in the same boat as Show, but that match feels a lot more interesting at least.
The only reason they're even doing that match is so they can pretend like Lesnar giving the Big Show an F5 is something that he hasn't done a bunch of times before. Pretty sure Big Show weighed a lot more the first time Lesnar gave him that F5 that Big Show made look like an AA.

Wait, so Brock is once again not competition in the actual rumble this year? What a missed opportunity, once again. I want to see him wreck some jobbers and eliminate half the contestant.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like Hulk Hogan alright.

I never felt anger towards Hogan like I did with Cena. I guess because we got Hollywood out of it.

strobogo

Banned
The only reason they're even doing that match is so they can pretend like Lesnar giving the Big Show an F5 is something that he hasn't done a bunch of times before. Pretty sure Big Show weighed a lot more the first time Lesnar gave him that F5 that Big Show made look like an AA.

I think it'd be way better if Bork takes out Show and Henry and then Big E. or someone steps up to fight in their honor and nearly wins. But when I look at the roster, there really isn't anyone besides Bryan (which now doesn't make much sense) or Taker that seems like a reasonable match for Bork. No one else is close to his level. Not even Orton. That doesn't sound like a money match at all. Taker vs Brock, Bryan vs Brock, Punk vs Brock, and Cena vs Brock are the only things that make sense to me. And now Brock vs Batista.

I like Hulk Hogan alright.

I never felt anger towards Hogan like I did with Cena. I guess because we got Hollywood out of it.

Hollywood was so much worse than Cena. Hollywood was the worst.

G-Fex

Are you ready, dudebrotherjacks?

tumblr_myyoi857FI1rwax6fo1_500.jpg

ITS HAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENINGITSHAPPENING

Toki767

I think it'd be way better if Bork takes out Show and Henry and then Big E. or someone steps up to fight in their honor and nearly wins. But when I look at the roster, there really isn't anyone besides Bryan (which now doesn't make much sense) or Taker that seems like a reasonable match for Bork. No one else is close to his level. Not even Orton. That doesn't sound like a money match at all. Taker vs Brock, Bryan vs Brock, Punk vs Brock, and Cena vs Brock are the only things that make sense to me. And now Brock vs Batista.

Bryan vs Brock could've been really special. Especially if Brock ended up the champion and Bryan was the one to beat him for the title. Instead Brock will probably hold the title until Cena beats him.

UberTag

The only guys a part-timer will ever put over are Cena, CM Punk, Orton, Reigns, Big E Langston and/or possibly Sheamus again.

But mostly they'll put over Cena. Because that's who FEEDS the WWE.

Everyone else is just jobber fodder.

Will be interesting to see whether the fans in the next smart town the WWE visits shit all over their booking and cheer valiantly for newly heel D.Brine and Bray.

(Bear in mind that part-timer "put over" rules don't apply to Jericho because he's happy to show up, get booked like a loser and put over the likes of Heath Slater and Evan Bourne.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wish they would have let Jake cut a promo. He'd be an awesome manager just for the promos to get over a 'monster' or vicious type

Toki767

The only person they can possibly put Bryan in the ring with at WrestleMania where he won't get cheered as a heel is probably against Undertaker. Depending on how much Bray Wyatt catches on in the next month, we probably could see Mania looking like Bryan vs Undertaker and Wyatt vs Cena along with Batista vs Brock and I guess HHH vs Punk if that's still happening. Orton seems like he'd be the odd man out though if they break up the Shield sooner than later, they'd probably feed Orton to Reigns.

strobogo

Banned
I vote for Bob Backlund/Bruno Samartino/Hulk Hogan vs Shield for WM. Guaranteed Bruno and Backlund would A. Be far more physically able than Hogan and B. Be better than the majority of the roster even if they can't or shouldn't bump.

Plus Dutch/Bunkhouse Bunk managing the Real Americans. It is my WM dream.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Shield shouldn't be wasting their time with these old farts

Splitting them up at WM in a triple threat match is the most logical outcome.

strobogo

Banned
Bruno should get a WM match, god damn it. He looks like he's in better shape than most dudes 50 years younger than him. I have no doubt he still has one more match in him, especially a tag. Same with Backlund. Hulk is in far, far worse shape than Bob and Bruno, but he can make the hot tag, Hulk Up, and win with a chair shot or something.

Penguin

So is the "The Authority" still an angle?

Like it seems Triple H and Steph just show up whenever to hang out in the back

Anth0ny

holy shit

what's wrong with those people don't they know daniel bryan is a bad guy loser why would they chant yes

So is the "The Authority" still an angle?

Like it seems Triple H and Steph just show up whenever to hang out in the back

Seems like they scrapped that entire angle when they scrapped the Big Show/HHH program after survivor series. HHH/Steph are just neutral at this point.

strobogo

Banned
It's so stupid. WWE should have dropped everything and made YES as big as possible. We're in an era where things are planned out a month in advance at most. This isn't the 80s when they had the main event of WM 5 planned by the end of WM 4. Once YES started taking off, both at WWE shows and other sports, I think WWE should have done everything possible to make it as big as they could.

Looking forward to seeing Hogan back where he belongs. Of course instead of using him to help enhance someone new they will pair him with that new up and comer John Cena.

Vince really needs some competition, hopefully the Toby Keith/Jarrett promotion can grow some legs and become something.

Top Bottom