• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jedi Survivor sees 20-30 FPS gains on all PCs after Denuvo removal

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
that's some prime level clickbait
IOsN2bG.gif

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
You are not getting 30 fps plus by just optimizing it either.
That's quite the claim. I'm a layman, but it seems to logically follow that this depends on how bad it was originally optimized. I would imagine that improvements to the engine's ability to efficiently take advantage of hardware features could also allow for noticeable gains.

Klosshufvud

Too late. I already dropped the game due to migraine-inducing stuttering. The whole intro section is just a complete mess. The game didn't really make a particularly strong impression either.

Rivdoric

This is crazy how games with this denuvo-not-having-any-impact-on-performance get a crazy-amount-of-performance-upgrade when the denuvo-not-having-any-impact-on-performance is removed.

Let's just hope the next game with this denuvo-not-having-any-impact-on-performance removed is Hogwart's Legacy as this is probably the shittiest PC port of 2023.
Funny how all the worst performing games always have the denuvo-not-having-any-impact-on-performance.

Also funny is Baldur's Gate 3 constant top 5 on Steam without this denuvo-not-having-any-impact-on-performance included. I wonder why.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

You can buy this piece of shit for about 16 Great British bangers on cdkeys at the moment incase anyones intrested, although im sure it will go under 10 the next couple of months. Its the most these lazy game devs deserve.

Ponderling

Neo Member
Story's not quite as good as Fallen Order but everything else is better. Along with The Mandalorian these games are the best things to come out of modern Star Wars IMO.

winjer

Gold Member
Removing Denuvo means it's no longer selling.

If denuvo wasn't there from the start to cripple performance on PC so hard, this game would have sold much better from day one.
Lot's of people were put off by the performance issues when this game launched. And first impressions matter a lot. Especially when there were 8 patches that did very little to solve the performance and stuttering issues.
Remember that a game's launch is when it sells the most units. And when a game puts a bad day one impression, it hurts sales.

Top Bottom