• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: A State of Play is scheduled for September

Parazels

Pretty annoying when we've still haven't got the PS5 2nd wave games, especially from a first party. The fact that we're going to have the Pro before the first true next-gen project from Naughty Dog makes me want to stop buying Playstations.
Don't worry. In the foreseeable future AI will let developers speed up game development.
Now we are within the transition period, where the old tools do not work well, whereas the new tools are not ready yet.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I wonder how they are going to show off difference between graphics on PS5 and PS5 Pro. The visible difference should convince the audience, aside from good specs.
100% sure they will run some 720p/1080p visuals on some game and than show the 4K version. Smoke and Mirrors. I don't care about graphics upgrades as much as I really like 1440p image quality but Id like the 60-120fps on every title

30FPS is such a deal breaker for anything but point and click.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The PlayStation Showcase is dead. The industry has evolved past showing 30 games in a 90 minute setting because 28 of those games never move the needle.

It’s far more effective to showcase your needle movers in 10 to 20 minute chunks to build hype. This is the way we’re headed.

MDSLKTR

I wonder how they are going to show off difference between graphics on PS5 and PS5 Pro. The visible difference should convince the audience, aside from good specs.

My predictions:
-GT7 demo with RT on track
-Returnal with the PC version improvements
-Helldivers2 at 120fps
-Black myth Wukong with PC particle effects
-Somehow something with Horizon FW like hero lightings on npcs
-Until Dawn or Silent Hill remakes 60fps modes

Due to pssr and the need to not alienate base PS5 owners they will not be redundant with 4k talk.

The PlayStation Showcase is dead. The industry has evolved past showing 30 games in a 90 minute setting because 28 of those games never move the needle.

It’s far more effective to showcase your needle movers in 10 to 20 minute chunks to build hype. This is the way we’re headed.

I think we can’t be 100% certain on that until a really big PlayStation game is announced in a state of play. Like an Uncharted, God of War, new IP from a main studio, etc.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
wolverine-abs.gif
Complete miss reading of Deadpool.
You can say he is pansexual but a lot of stuff he does is to make things awkward and uncomfortably funny.
Being pansexual is part of Deadpools character.
But I don't think it's ever went past the awkward comments or flamboyance.
Which is good because there's very little they could actually do but make it serious.
Which is not what the character is about.

Last edited:

Or their GaaS initiative fucked them up.

saintjules

Gold Member
Some seem to think its a SOP for the Pro

I don't think they need to make a big deal out of the PS5 Pro, a 2-5min segment in the SoP, with an additional blog post should suffice imo.

Agree. Most of it has already leaked anyway. Just show us what it looks like, how much it costs and when it will be available. No need to spend a shitload of time going over the tech. Announce some damn games.

6:41

Last edited:
What? Aren't people constantly complaining on blurry image and unstable frame rate?
People do complain and many games are guilty of it but masses aren't going to buy a Pro for it, just enthusiasts. Look at the Switch, if people cared THAT much for framrates and visuals the Switch would reflect it. It's the total opposite.

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone with half a functioning brain: "If we reveal our insanely expensive console we should probably show some games to get people excited"
Sony for some reason: "Let's dump all the bad news [and there's al lot] up front and let it fester for two weeks and then show some actual games"

0*Ykt_TGhJoKLdsarH

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Anyone with half a functioning brain: "If we reveal our insanely expensive console we should probably show some games to get people excited"
Sony for some reason: "Let's dump all the bad news [and there's al lot] up front and let it fester for two weeks and then show some actual games"
There is no bad news though. People are excited about PS5 Pro and lots of them are planning to buy them.

The PS5 Disk accessory is literally outselling all Xbox consoles right now, and local game shops have suddenly halved the PS5 trade-in rates. That's because of the huge demand for the PS5 Pro and the folks preparing to buy it upon launch.

And Sony is dominating the news cycle this month with this strategy.

1st half of September = PS5 Pro news
2nd half of September = Games showcase news

nnytk

Neo Member

0*Ykt_TGhJoKLdsarH
Big brain: the bad news got eeeeeveryone talking about them :)

but DLSS is a thing, and plus the RTX 5090 will be out by then too
Heck, by the time the PC version is out, the RTX 6090 might even be out

Yeah I know DLSS is a thing and that's the reason for my post. Native 4K/60fps with all the bells and whistles turned on is not happening without DLSS. Same with PS5 Pro and PSSR. Games need upscaling to run at the highest settings and frames possible.

You could maybe get away with native 1440p and all the trimmings and no DLSS but then games are also becoming more increasingly demanding on current cards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom