• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: A State of Play is scheduled for September

She had been taken over by a symbiote and it was amplifying her emotions as symbiotes have done for the last 40 ish years of Marvel history. She was resenting him for asking her to give up her life and career to do what he wanted to do and the symbiote amplified that.

I mean, there are a lot of valid criticisms to this game, but this doesn't really feel like one of them to me if you were paying any attention to the storyline.
I never said that that she did not have good reasons for what she did. Just that for me I should not have to listen to that while
beating my girlfriend
As for the state of play, I hope that it is a good one and want it to happen as late as possible because I will be on vacation in early September and will not be 100% ready to fight for the PS5 Pro preorders if they open after it.

Astray

She had been taken over by a symbiote and it was amplifying her emotions as symbiotes have done for the last 40 ish years of Marvel history. She was resenting him for asking her to give up her life and career to do what he wanted to do and the symbiote amplified that.

I mean, there are a lot of valid criticisms to this game, but this doesn't really feel like one of them to me if you were paying any attention to the storyline.
That part was actually justified in-story given how much of a dick (Symbiote) Peter has been to her.

The weaker side of the main plot was Miles' tbh.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
As several have said it was a totally open secret at Gamescom plus like Topher Topher said we literally know everything about it specs wise so I agree we don't need a Showcase on it

Blog post, show off DS2 running on it then have them running several games at TGS

I seriously don't think they have enough to show right now to even warrant a full blown showcase
We know about the Pro. The large majority of its customer base still doesn't know that Pro exists - let alone its specs.

Sometimes, we forget that we are the very small minority of hardcore fans who follow news and talk about said news all day. The overwhelming majority of PS customer base doesn't.

The showcases are mostly for them. The rest of us already know 80% of the content due to educated guesses and closely following leaks and rumors.

Topher

Gold Member
We know about the Pro. The large majority of its customer base still doesn't know that Pro exists - let alone its specs.

Sometimes, we forget that we are the very small minority of hardcore fans who follow news and talk about said news all day. The overwhelming majority of PS customer base doesn't.

The showcases are mostly for them. The rest of us already know 80% of the content due to educated guesses and closely following leaks and rumors.

The folks who don't already know about the Pro are likely not going to buy it anyway. Remember, last gen PS4 Pro was largely outsold by the base model. And since this isn't coinciding with innovations in TV tech (4k), probably even less likely folks will upgrade. This PS5 Pro feels like it is meant primarily for the enthusiasts.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I would tend to think most people who would watch a showcase know about the Pro

tmlDan

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

kaizenkko

This is not true. These days, everyone uses social medias. If you have a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram account, you is able to know about gaming rumours easly.

Elios83

Imo given that there's a console announcement to make, given that we already know there's a dedicated show for a 2025 title, given that this year Sony is returning to TGS, the full picture is much bigger than a SoP.
I'd suggest to wait and see how things unfold.

Last edited:

Saber

If this is true I'm honestly scared that they will show Wolverine.

Imagine showing this game as a cinematic drama story about a nobody called Logan and the World Most Powerfull Mutant and Leader of X-men: The Amazing Jean Grey .

simpatico

Gold Member
Sony, even if it's years away, you have to throw your fans a bone. The most hardcore among them all expected Concord (before reveal) to be the next grand Sony IP. A SP/MP dual thread like the games of yore. Give them a peak at whatever Naughty Dog flipped the Factions assets into. I fear they're busy deleting the atrocious GaaS they forced Bend to try and make. Even a fucking splash screen for Ghost of Tsushima II. Someone might need to do a wellness check at Sony HQ.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

They just can't put up a big show anyomore, which is disgraceful

What the fuck happened to Sony?
Corporates took over and went in on GAAS which set back a lot of their 1st party studios. Which was probably related to them moving the Playstation Headquarters from Tokyo to California.

As well as that they decided to invest heavily in boring and safe IPs like Spiderman and other super hero junk.

This corporatisation and Fortnite/Minecraft disease has spread into a lot of Western 3rd party publishers and then couple that with ridiculous game budgets most have become very predicactable and stale with their output. (not to forget EDI infesting the arts....)

Last edited:

Monkfish877

I would absolutely love it if someone like Samsung entered the home console market, this is what happens when there's no competition, Sony thinks they can get away with just coasting along without putting any effort into showing off their first party single player games ( if they have any, not convinced they do), their arrogance is something to behold, I've developed a lot of resentment towards them, I feel as if they're disrespecting me to my face and also the fanbase, would absolutely love it if someone would put them in their place, but who? we desperately need somebody else to enter the home console market.

I would absolutely love it if someone like Samsung entered the home console market, this is what happens when there's no competition, Sony thinks they can get away with just coasting along without putting any effort into showing off their first party single player games ( if they have any, not convinced they do), their arrogance is something to behold, I've developed a lot of resentment towards them, I feel as if they're disrespecting me to my face and also the fanbase, would absolutely love it if someone would put them in their place, but who? we desperately need somebody else to enter the home console market.

There's a reason Sony went all in on GAAS.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Uhm playstation consumers just shunned their recent GAAS game which is looking like a flop.
PS brand has incredible brand loyalty on par with Apple. I guess we'll see. PS5 will finish strong when some big games come out.

Oppoi

PS brand has incredible brand loyalty on par with Apple. I guess we'll see. PS5 will finish strong when some big games come out.
Thank heavens they have real fans to support them and won't have to scoop so low as to pay for positive feedback.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

That's assuming anyone actually cares about this shit outside of forum and social media weirdos.
I dont assume that. Like I said its likely never going to happen. Sales are good and consumers seem mostly pleased. Definitely not dissatisfied enough to look elsewhere.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Meh, this gen I care faaaar more about 3rd party games than Sony’s first party.

In my opinion Team ASOBI is only one left from Sony that actually makes interesting games…..I don’t care about the rest.

Last edited:

nial

I dont assume that. Like I said its likely never going to happen. Sales are good and consumers seem mostly pleased. Definitely not dissatisfied enough to look elsewhere.
Which means that the following shouldn't have any actual reason from happening at all
would absolutely love it if someone would put them in their place
Only Sony consumers can do that
and it's absolutely not because of stuff like
PS brand has incredible brand loyalty

Well he was partially wrong last time. He said it was going to be a showcase and it ended up being a State of Play.
Oh yeah. But he still did triple down that there was a sony show right up to the very end of the month. Also I see the debate is whether its a sop or showcase.
If Sony intends to release the pro this year then they need games to convince us to buy it. So either show, games are gonna be shown.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Other than Astro Bot I cant think of single game I should be excited about from Sony's internal first party games for this year or next year......I cant think of anything.
Sony has a trend of saving the best for last, so we should see banger after banger from 2025 until the end of the PS5 's lifecycle.

Danjin44

Sony has a trend of saving the best for last, so we should see banger after banger from 2025 until the end of the PS5 's lifecycle.
Problem is I lost interest in most Sony's western first party games....I think I just got sick of them.

They only studio they have left that makes the games I would enjoy is Team ASOBI.

Maybe its mostly my problem more than Sony but this gen they have completely lost me. If it wasn't for 3rd party games I dont think I had any reason to keep my PS5.

Danjin44

Sony is pretty lucky Xbox is ran by Phil Spencer
Thats the issue, without proper competition Sony no longer have try to be better.

This is basically what happening for our phone provider in Canada, everyone buying each other out now there is barely competition so they can do whatever the fuck they want because now you have less options.

Punished Miku

Thats the issue, without proper competition Sony no longer have try to be better.

This is basically what happening for our phone provider in Canada, everyone buying each other out now there is barely competition so they can do whatever the fuck they want because now you have less options.
This is what I meant earlier about blaming consumers and no other companies coming. Claiming MS is no competition is crazy with how much they spend and how much they've tried. No one else will ever try entering the console market.

How many years would it take Samsung to get to where Xbox is in terms of 1st party, hardware, cloud infrastructure, sub? No one is coming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom