• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

HT UK

It's ok Emma. Of course there will be bumps along the road, but you can still make an impact in life. All you have to do....is BOLIEVE!

nxt-052214-bo-dallas-2.jpg

Marvel

could never
If she had gotten over on the main roster they would have kept her, this was a good excuse to cut her loose.

Heel

Walmart and WWE have a working relationship, don't they? Maybe it was that.

Maybe there's a history of things coming up "missing" in the locker room (Superstar-worn ring gear, production equipment, Daniel Bryan's future as the top guy) and they put two and two together.

God DAMNIT. Emma was my favorite when she was down at NXT. I wasn't a fan of what they were doing with her at Raw but fuck there was plenty of time for her to get better.

Randy fucking Orton better be fired the second he violates the wellness shit again.

FIRE EVERYONE I DON'T CARE ANYMORE.

I'm really bummed out by this. :(

Ithil

Her release comes five weeks before she would have made her WWE debut in her home country of Australia as she was booked for live events in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth the weekend of 8/7-8/9.

That probably stings most.

Also this thread can be fucking weird sometimes. A wrestler debuts and isn't immediately having the best 5 star matches ever, they're MEDIOCRE!

They have a really good match then they're hot shit and everyone loves them for about two weeks until they're the worst wrestler ever again.

Unless you've seen NXT you can't really call Emma or Paige mediocre. (You're welcome to if you have, though I'd disagree with you) Like, I get that you don't like what you're seeing but chances are NXT fans don't either. It's not the wrestler's fault they're given dogshit 3 minute matches.

I don't get how someone is supposed to get over when they're given nothing. So I don't really get how you can hate someone so passionately when they haven't even had a real match to prove you wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also this thread can be fucking weird sometimes. A wrestler debuts and isn't immediately having the best 5 star matches ever, they're MEDIOCRE!

They have a really good match then they're hot shit and everyone loves them for about two weeks until they're the worst wrestler ever again.

Unless you've seen NXT you can't really call Emma or Paige mediocre. (You're welcome to if you have, though I'd disagree with you) Like, I get that you don't like what you're seeing but chances are NXT fans don't either. It's not the wrestler's fault they're given dogshit 3 minute matches.

I don't get how someone is supposed to get over when they're given nothing. So I don't really get how you can hate someone so passionately when they haven't even had a real match to prove you wrong.

Santino segments are a home run for silly personalities. It just didn't work out.

Cagey

Banned

Likewise, the mega-fans of all the NXT alum here think all the call ups are fantastic and blame everything on the WWE for them not succeeding as well as they did on NXT once on the main roster.

Middle grounds and all that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Preach to these mother fuckers, friend!

joelseph

Well said. Very Bo like.

it's like when they're called up from nxt and isn't an instant hie, it undoes everything about them, it's just an unfair. they're just being --

tumblr_n56londH8s1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Sephzilla

Yeah, unless you're John Cena, the WWE doesn't exactly like having people win in their home (even worse if you're JR in your home)

Typical Vince 80s booking logic. Have a heel get over the hometown guy, that'll get him some heat that sticks around for long run success.

From my main man bix over on Twitter (read bottom to top):

David Bixenspan ‏@davidbix 44s
So it's not as if she pleaded out to anything and the arrest itself shouldn't affect her residency status.

Details
David Bixenspan ‏@davidbix 1m
But Emma's case was part of their community court system for movie infractions. Charge dropped in exchange for 1 day community service.

www.twitter.com/davidbix

So basically:
Judge didn't care, charge was dropped entirely for 1 day of community service. If there was a legitimate case, he likely would've wanted a fine. This basically means LP were being assholes.

So WWE fired her for the negative attention.

jred2k

She maybe(maybe) had 10 minutes of real screen time since she was called up. She must really suck if she can't get over with all that opportunity.

Ithil

Likewise, the mega-fans of all the NXT alum here think all the call ups are fantastic and blame everything on the WWE for them not succeeding as well as they did on NXT once on the main roster.

I don't exactly see a whole lot of refuting of the idea that "WWE booking is god awful", but I do see a lot of "I dislike this performer and think they are talentless because of their booking".

Because you're just being absurd if you're trying to deny that these call-ups are being mishandled. Some like Adam Rose are just gimmicks that don't translate to larger, weekly-changing audiences. But the likes of Paige are just straight up mishandled.

For the record, I think Rusev overall is being handled well. It's a long term thing and while his squashes are often boring, they serve a purpose and need to be done. They are already paying off since someone like Swagger getting any kind of upper hand on Rusev got a big reaction. Big E WAS being handled ok, then they did that start-stop push and killed him. Bo is being handled very well.

I don't think Rusev is fantastic, though I'm slowly warming to him. I don't think Big E is super great either, but I hope there's enough time for him to turn that around. I just think the women get the worst of it, since they rarely even get 10 minute matches to prove themselves.

I remember a lot of people here being down on the Wyatt Family when they debuted until around Summerslam where he had that great match with Daniel Bryan.

Emma nor Paige has ever gotten that. Like, I don't know what you expect when they only get 3 to 5 minute matches They need that moment to shine.

So I'm certainly going to blame WWE itself for that.

Penguin

I wonder if this taking place in CT factors in

I mean it's where WWE is headquartered, where the McMahon reside and can't imagine would look good on them if Linda tried to run again

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, a wrestler I liked seeing on TV was released due to a minor thing. Hey, someone who has worked all her life to get to the point where she was lost everything because of one iPod case where we don't even know what's up behind the scene. Let's all point and laugh not only at her, but at her fans, because people who like stuff I don't deserves to be laughed at when something that genuinely makes them sad happens.

But of course, it's all a joke and we're all friends. Don't you get the joke?

Not ok. Actually sad.

jred2k

Now, now. No room for sense and logic in a den of trolls and "devil's advocates".

Top Bottom