• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

So WWE just signed independent talent Tenille Dashwood
http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-reinstates-emma-26450666

occupyyes.gif

told you she'll be back.

thank you based H.

AJ takes extended breaks and is rewarded with the Divas championship upon return. By that track record I think Emma is going to be IC champ.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm not sure what they can punish her with. Make her a comedy jobber with no TV time? Too late.

I enjoyed some of her Santino's segments, tho it did got old fast (like everything WWE repeats 5 times a week does). I think she is can be a great comedy jobber as long as the comedy is funny.

Cagey

Banned
I care about Neville, about his character. I was more interested to seeing if he was retaining against TK on Takeover than a lot of more prestigious title defences. Maybe I'm a mark for "the moves", but I always look forward to his matches and I want to see where his storylines go. This makes me a moron to some people because he is obviously going to bomb, which I assume means that he is not marketable and so is moronic to like people who aren't marketable.

I'm not asking about "people", I'm asking individuals if being marketable is something they like in a wrestler because plenty of things are niche and they are fine. It's not about being better or not; it's just that I don't see people saying, for example, that Europa Universallis fans are idiots because they like something that doesn't appeal to a broader crowd.

I don't care about marketability, I care if I like something. I like the Shield trio and the Wyatts because I like their looks, their charisma, their matches, etc. I'm interested in Ambrose v. Rollins, Reigns as Samoan Goldberg, etc. That they're marketable is coincidence for why I like them, but their marketability is evidenced by tons of people liking them.

I love David Otunga for his Harvard Law douche gimmick (personal reasons) and his physique. Clearly he's not marketable, but dammed if I care.

Most here are like that, they just also talk bidness which inevitably means how marketable a performer is. Others talk bidness and it's focused on work rate. It's all insider ish, just different types.

I've been watching WWE again since the Rumble and I had no idea who Emma was until this, but for some reason I'm glad to see she has her job back.

I imagine a noble Triple H spending his days trying to stop his corrupt family from abusing all the WWE employees. He's a great man...

Sblargh

Banned
I don't care about marketability, I care if I like something. I like the Shield trio and the Wyatts because I like their looks, their charisma, their matches, etc. I'm interested in Ambrose v. Rollins, Reigns as Samoan Goldberg, etc. That they're marketable is coincidence for why I like them, but their marketability is evidenced by tons of people liking them.

I love David Otunga for his Harvard Law douche gimmick (personal reasons) and his physique. Clearly he's not marketable, but dammed if I care.

Most here are like that, they just also talk bidness which inevitably means how marketable a performer is. Others talk bidness and it's focused on work rate. It's all insider ish, just different types.

Cool. :)
Honestly, just trying to feel how other people here feel about stuff.
-
Edit: Emma is young, if her punishment is 6 months off TV, it's not like it wasn't already going that way. I'm just happy that I might be able to see her wrestling on TV again. :)

Top Bottom