• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

BrlngsIIIAAo-4O.jpg:medium

you fucks would prolly say they are fat

Chamber

love on your sleeve
On your knees, Emma. BOW DOWN TO THE... BOW DOWN TO THE KING

q0LOSaw.png

And I'm sorry Duncan, Cena was always set to be the cover guy for 2K15 even before the Rumble to coincide with a 15th title win. Not making this up.

This is bad for Lesnar fans, not Bryan. Assuming the original plan was to have Lesnar beat Bryan for the belt at Summerslam, that means Cena would have had to go over Brock at Night of Champions or Hell in a Cell.

Cena's going over at Summerslam, brehs.

Anth0ny

I think it's been obvious for a while that Reigns was going to win the Rumble and the title at Mania 31.

But over God Tier, Streak-Ender Lesnar as champ, too? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I think it's been obvious for a while that Reigns was going to win the Rumble and the title at Mania 31.

Gotta plan everything around someone who hasn't even had a PPV singles match yet. That's some risky shit.

What will the casuals think when Reigns/Lesnar is worse than the match with Taker?

DMczaf

Nothing is new on the Sting front, past the point that as of the weekend, he still wasn’t signed. The company is working with the idea that it’s imminent, but we’ve heard that for months. Ultimately, he wants in and they want him in, whether it’s for a television personalty role, an ambassador, the Hall of Fame or doing a match or two is not clear. It all comes down to money because Sting doesn’t have to sell himself short and he spent his entire career working with guaranteed money deals.

Any day now, Stingers.

Verendus

Banned
I seriously hope WWE give me Batista vs. Cena vs. Lesnar for Night of Champions.

Not doing it would be like not doing Cena vs. Batista vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania 24. Instead got jobber Orton in there ruining a potential mega-match.

Anytime I watch with casuals and ask them what they think, Cena and Reigns are exactly what they don't like about wrestling. In particular, Reigns is so manufactured to be "wrestling cool", but wrestling isn't cool, so it's even more repellent to them.

Anytime I watch with casuals and ask them what they think, Cena and Reigns are exactly what they don't like about wrestling. In particular, Reigns is so manufactured to be "wrestling cool", but wrestling isn't cool, so it's even more repellent to them.

But the same thing applies to Bryan. When I channel flip with friends and you see Bryan outside the ring not wrestling in a match, they are having none of it. It's crippling him. Just like his neck. And I have to be the one saying he's actually the best talent they have. But the screen ain't backing that claim.

D-Bry injured, no Punk, Cesaro in the dog house for no reason.

The only thing that could save me is Sting finally showing up!

Joker Sting vs Ambrose book it!

If they're "casuals", what does that make you?

But the same thing applies to Bryan. When I channel flip with friends and you see Bryan outside the ring not wrestling in a match, they are having none of it. It's crippling him. Just like his neck. And I have to be the one saying he's actually the best talent they have. But the screen ain't backing that claim.

Meanwhile Buff Bagwell

2NMuHMk.gif

Also he's probably off TV from now until he's actually back.

That's true, my friends are never impressed with that stuff because, well it sucks. Even Punk, who people hold as the highest modern day example of mic work, does nothing for them. But they love Bryan because of his real-life persona and in-ring work. They love Cesaro because he's an uber mench. They like Ambrose because he oozes character. They like Brock because he's Brock fucking Lesnar.

According to Buff Bagwell, Buff Bagwell could have been as big of a star as The Rock and Stone Cold if he had been in the right place at the right time.

That's true, my friends are never impressed with that stuff because, well it sucks. Even Punk, who people hold as the highest modern day example of mic work, does nothing for them. But they love Bryan because of his real-life persona and in-ring work. They love Cesaro because he's an uber mench. They like Ambrose because he oozes character. They like Brock because he's Brock fucking Lesnar.

If only every episode of Raw was like his matches with Ryback and his gauntlet match. Basically Summer 2013. The casuals would've lapped him up, like us weekly watchers.

he'd be dead :(

Wait, how would casual fans have any idea of what Bryan's real life persona is? lol

I'm closer to casual than most here and I only know of Bryan through press interviews and what the WWE feeds me. I mean he seems very close to what they're trying to sell me and that's what I like about him but still.

Wait, how would casual fans have any idea of what Bryan's real life persona is? lol

I'm closer to casual than most here and I only know of Bryan through press interviews and what the WWE feeds me. I mean he seems very close to what they're trying to sell me and that's what I like about him but still.

That's exactly it. His on-screen persona is basically his real life persona. Maybe a bit less funny and "earthy" on-screen, but otherwise mostly the same.

dream

Does dream actually pay for the Wrestling Observer? I thought he had a thing about not giving 10 bucks a month to a bunch of carnies.

Jun 12, 2014 Payment To Figure Four Weekly Online Completed ... -$10.99 USD

I don't mind paying for quality products.

my mom is just bothered by The Shield, but specifically Roman Reigns (and also Mark Henry) because of how wet they are. that's the extent of my knowledge of the outsider opinion

as for Sting... is it possible we'll get my dream Rusev/Sting feud??

UberTag

What's their opinion of Michael Cole? When he laughs at jokes, do they laugh as well? Or do they consider him a try-hard?

Jun 12, 2014 Payment To Figure Four Weekly Online Completed ... -$10.99 USD

I don't mind paying for quality products.
They deserve your $10.99 a month a hell of a lot more than the WWE does. They actually put effort into their product. They also don't go out of their way to actively insult your intelligence.

dream

They deserve your $10.99 a month a hell of a lot more than the WWE does. They actually put effort into their product. They also don't go out of their way to actively insult your intelligence.

Shit, tacking on unblock-us and the exchange rate, I've been paying more like $20/mo for the Network because those fuckups couldn't even launch in Canada. It's been a very bitter pill to swallow, my friend.

I've paid for the right to be gleeful at this wretched company's financial collapse.

UberTag

Shit, tacking on unblock-us and the exchange rate, I've been paying more like $20/mo for the Network because those fuckups couldn't even launch in Canada. It's been a very bitter pill to swallow, my friend.
That Canuck buck is tanking, dream. It's at 94 cents US and rising. Companies like the WWE can't afford to bring the network across the border due to the loss in exchange rate. They'd have to charge $24.99/month for it. And make it exclusive to Rogers. It's just not financially viable for them.

Same reason they can't bring RAW tapings and pay-per-views to Toronto any more. They can only afford to run houseshows at the shitty Ricoh Coliseum that John Cena never goes to.

I've paid for the right to be gleeful at this wretched company's financial collapse.

At least shop around a bit, Unlocator does the same thing at half the cost friend

That's exactly it. His on-screen persona is basically his real life persona. Maybe a bit less funny and "earthy" on-screen, but otherwise mostly the same.
I can see that, his interview with the guy from Sirius radio and Hot 97's Rosenberg during the WM press junket was a good listen, he has a nice easy going personality. He's probably the only one I feel is really not acting when he shows up on Total Divas... ok, maybe Tyson Kidd also.
Edit: Fuck it, what Wesker said.
They think wrestling is repellent but they're watching youtube videos of WWE stars? They're more than casuals man!

Ahh fuck, you edited your post, haha.

Phrases:

"You will be the next one to be conquered and absorbed into the Roman Empire."
"All will bow down at your new Reigning champion!"
"You may try to roam for your next chance to strike, but I WILL REIGN YOU IN!"

So Roman's now a final boss in a fighting game? I'd buy the fuck outta that.

They think wrestling is repellent but they're watching youtube videos of WWE stars? They're more than casuals man!

Ahh fuck, you edited your post, haha.

My post was terrible, God Bless the edit feature.

I'm painting with a broad brush, but my group of "casuals" range from lapsed fans of the Attitude Era to people who have never watched until I suggested it. I never said they thought wrestling was repellent, just that the excessive posturing of what is considered "cool" is a repellent to them.

I think it's probably a basic human reaction when a big corporation shoves something in your face and tells you to like but you can't see any reason why you should.

My post was terrible, God Bless the edit feature.

I'm painting with a broad brush, but my group of "casuals" range from lapsed fans of the Attitude Era to people who have never watched until I suggested it. I never said they thought wrestling was repellent, just that the excessive posturing of what is considered "cool" is a repellent to them.

I think it's probably a basic human reaction when a big corporation shoves something in your face and tells you to like but you can't see any reason why you should.

I'm just kidding around man, who doesn't like some pro wrasslin'?

Well, besides this dude...
I think less of people that like westling. I can understand if you're a kid, but a grown adult? Get the fuck out of here.

Nose Master

That late WCW PPV where Hall is drinking in the ring, is that him shoot being an alcoholic or was it part of some shitty angle? The commentators eventually mentioned it, so that's why I'm wondering.

Top Bottom